Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-4-23]Central Bank Of Iran Bans Banks From Crypto Dealings  (Read 109 times)
herminio (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:44:58 PM

The central bank of Iran has banned domestic banks and other financial institutions from dealing in cryptocurrencies, citing money-laundering concerns first raised in a circular from December 2017, Reuters reported Sunday, April 22.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/central-bank-of-iran-bans-banks-from-crypto-dealings

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:40:17 PM

Is it really a straight up ban though? From the article:

"Banks and credit institutions and currency exchanges should avoid any sale or purchase of these currencies or taking any action to promote them.

"Avoid" doesn't have the same gravity as "ban". From that statement, it seems to me that banks themselves still have final sale.

Also, banks don't usually sell or purchase crypto in the first place. They simply lend their services to individuals and institutions involved in crypto.

Either that specific statement I quoted was lost in translation, or this ban is simply people overreacting to news again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: