Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin's transaction in $99 millions  (Read 118 times)
shultz1994 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:24:13 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/8df9hj/thats_a_lot_of_money/

Litecoin users decided to show their advantage over bitcoin. Litecoin users conducted a transaction on 700 000 LTC (at the moment — $106 million).
But the essence of course is not in the transaction, but  in the Commission, which cost only $0.40, and the transaction was made in 2.5 minutes. If such a transaction had been made in a standard Fiat system, such an operation would have taken much longer, let alone a Commission.Will Litecoin be able to replace Bitcoin as a payment system?
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:25:12 PM

This transaction is worthless as a measure of it being a good coin. Just as big transactions are a worthless measure for all coins. How often do you think people are transferring $99 million? Exactly. I want to know how much the fees are when I pay $1 for a hamburger or $2 for a coffee. If the fee is still $0.40, then that's 20-40% of my payment, and your coin is useless.

We should be judging coins on their speed and cost for small transfers, not large ones. And I do like Litecoin for various reasons, but there are coins like Nano that have zero fees.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:27:16 PM

It's the same for bitcoin or any other currency? You pay for the network to verify the transaction, not for the amount.
Crypto is therefore clearly better in that regard vs fiat, however, Litecoin is nothing in terms of speed/fee, there's plenty of cheaper+faster(than bitcoin/litecoin)

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:15:03 PM

I think that in the conditions of Bitcoin's modern growth, it is unlikely, because the capitalization and the price of Bitcoin started to grow again ..

ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:19:19 PM

This transaction is worthless as a measure of it being a good coin. Just as big transactions are a worthless measure for all coins. How often do you think people are transferring $99 million? Exactly. I want to know how much the fees are when I pay $1 for a hamburger or $2 for a coffee. If the fee is still $0.40, then that's 20-40% of my payment, and your coin is useless.

We should be judging coins on their speed and cost for small transfers, not large ones. And I do like Litecoin for various reasons, but there are coins like Nano that have zero fees.
Add to that how much transactions it can make in a day , these numbers don't say much.

muncuss

Activity: 720
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:56:59 PM

Well, at least that show the advantage of crypto over bank. but i agree tx fee must be flexible for small and large payment, which is difficult to do it coz current fee is based on block data, not amount of transferred coin.
but we have no fee coin anyway

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/8df9hj/thats_a_lot_of_money/

Litecoin users decided to show their advantage over bitcoin. Litecoin users conducted a transaction on 700 000 LTC (at the moment — $106 million).
But the essence of course is not in the transaction, but  in the Commission, which cost only $0.40, and the transaction was made in 2.5 minutes. If such a transaction had been made in a standard Fiat system, such an operation would have taken much longer, let alone a Commission.Will Litecoin be able to replace Bitcoin as a payment system?
I would rather use nano over litecoin LOL,that speed doesnt needed,bitcoin wont be dethrone by any altcoins as long as people are using bitcoin as the main cryptocurrency,pairing trade with bitcoin makes it the alpha of all the cryptocurrencies in the market.Faster than bitcoin will be a good advantage well if all the investors will move their money to litecoin.

idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

That was an impressive move by litecoin and im sure it will be noticed more with it's low fees in the future. This gives bitcoin a harder competition as many coins now are showing good improvements on fees, speed and technology.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:13:51 PM

Like all cryptocurrencies, Litecoin is designed to be decentralized and in hopes of becoming a faster and simplified currency, of course, the whole process of operation becomes simpler. In addition, the benefits of this cryptocurrency are under the spotlight of multinational companies like Starbucks and Amazon, who are actually thinking of adopting Litecoin on their site this year. This is good news for Litecoin fans, Litecoin shows the effort to keep getting better, talk about beating Bitcoin, I would not think much about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: