Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather see steady growth in Bitcoin or strong upward spikes instead?  (Read 2372 times)
Stunning

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:26:43 AM

For me, having its value on a spike or the quality of being highly volatile is still the better option for me, having this quality means I would be able to play may money and earn profit on my own. Having a steady growth is fine as well, and I can see many investors being happy with it, but I would choose the highly volatile bitcoin.
People must understand the fact that bitcoin is volatile, and it happens to be powerful source just because of this one feature. Remove this one nature of bitcoin and see the clumsy results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:43:13 AM

For me, having its value on a spike or the quality of being highly volatile is still the better option for me, having this quality means I would be able to play may money and earn profit on my own. Having a steady growth is fine as well, and I can see many investors being happy with it, but I would choose the highly volatile bitcoin.
People must understand the fact that bitcoin is volatile, and it happens to be powerful source just because of this one feature. Remove this one nature of bitcoin and see the clumsy results.

Bitcoin can function just as well, if not better without the high volatility, it would remove a lot of people who are only here to speculate on wild price swings, most of those people couldn't care less about bitcoin's future and are only concerned with short term wealth.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

Bitcoin can function just as well, if not better without the high volatility, it would remove a lot of people who are only here to speculate on wild price swings, most of those people couldn't care less about bitcoin's future and are only concerned with short term wealth.
Those people are not going to leave the market even if the volatility was very low, because in what other market they can invest money without revealing their identities and where there are almost no rules and make money that way? Most other markets are very regulated and many of the things that people do in this market are illegal in those markets so they are not going to leave even with the lesser volatility.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:16:04 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
I think people still prefer the votality of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies because we already know about the concept of cryptocurrencies existence,the votality gives traders a chance to have huge profit and people will took this opportunity when it will spike to its highest level but i think the steady growth has its advantage also
where merchants can have peace of mind to use it as a mode of payments and the fears that it would eradicate cryptocurrencies or bitcoin will lost because of its steady growth.

wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:59:24 AM

For me strong and continuous upwards movement would mean strong downwards movement which would be prone to more loss because you will be more attracted to buy when the coin is up and if you are not careful then you will end up at a loss due to volatility and mostly businesses does not want the volatility because they will not be able to account properly if they are having profits, although we are all excited about sudden spikes when it goes up, we would worry when it goes down because there would be large percentage movements which would have bigger profits or losses.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:43:32 AM

if I am a trader, then I prefer the fluctuations in the price of bitcoin, because we also need a decrease in the price of bitcoin to buy, and wait for the price to increase to sell.
whereas if I am an investor in the long run, I prefer the development of prices that continue to increase so that I will benefit a lot.
Apart from all that, I only hope that bitcoin will still be present and provide benefits, because until now the price of bitcoin is still in the expected stage.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:51:26 PM

We know that a decentralized cryptocurrency can never be stable in price. Therefore, this discussion has no practical significance.
 Cryptocurrency volatility has its positive and negative sides. For traders and cryptocurrency holders in general, who will periodically use the volatility of cryptocurrency for its sale or purchase, it brings a good profit. However, in almost all other cases, the volatility of cryptocurrency plays a negative role, above all in its legalization by states and the introduction of citizens and business structures into the practical life of citizens.

coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:36:31 PM

I think much better that bitcoin is slowly to grow but sure that we get a good price than to immediately grow then it will fall very fast.  And bitcoin is decentralize so the price will not be stable it will grow and go down but not steady.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

I think much better that bitcoin is slowly to grow but sure that we get a good price than to immediately grow then it will fall very fast.  And bitcoin is decentralize so the price will not be stable it will grow and go down but not steady.
if you already know it's one of the characteristics of bitcoin, why do you expect bitcoin to grow slowly?
The price movement of Bitcoin will never be stable, which is why many parties continue to suppress the growth of bitcoin, with the aim of making profits for themselves
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:19:27 PM

Yeah, its too scary now to see bitcoin pumping easily because for sure that trend is being manipulated by the whales again and maybe there is no real investors that time.

I just want to see bitcoin growing slowly but surely because I know in the future cryptocurrency will be great so there is no need for us to rush things. This is a process, a long development and in due time good technology will be offer to us and the value of bitcoin will be high.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:38:37 PM

I prefer volatility and strong upward surges. because if the value of bitcoin is stable only experiences an increase or decrease of 5% then I think this will be the same as a stock investment. even though I hope the crypto market is different from the stock market. I am of the opinion that the crypto market can provide greater benefits because of its volatility. and I think most people are interested in the crypto market because this volatility is great for short-term investments and trading. and if bitcoin is stable we can still make a profit by making long-term investments.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 11:59:18 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
It is a very dangerous thing for us to be having the sudden price spikes. Every such spike will result in massive selling off or dump. There, steady increase is better.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:03:45 AM

Stable growth in bitcoin will attract investors to invest in the long term. and also if the bitcoin value is stable bitcoin can be used for shipping tools. so far, bitcoin is only used for investment and trading tools because of its volatility.
but I think the stability or volatility of both can provide benefits. we only need to wait and be patient if we make a long-term investment in bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Zalura

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:24:15 AM

I think that most people would prefer a steady growth, like the one that we're seeing now when the price slowly recovers after a correction. This won't continue though. Once the steady growth continues for a while people will start seeing that whoever bought a week or a month ago made money and they will start rushing in like a herd of sheep. You could see this situation happen in 2017 when it broke $1000 and started to gain momentum to finally end up with gains of $1000 per day.
rising prices are slowly stronger than rising sharply and falling again, maybe traders are more challenged if prices start wild because we can attract a lot of profits, because prices do not always rise, sometimes prices must experience a saturation point and a decline, trade currencies bitcoin needs motivation that can increase purchases in large quantities,  so that the market can grow quickly.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:45:50 AM

It is a very dangerous thing for us to be having the sudden price spikes. Every such spike will result in massive selling off or dump. There, steady increase is better.

It is not dangerous, the word there to be used is risky.

It is really risky if you invested in a volatile cryptocurrency and it is having sudden price spikes all of a sudden. The price will pump, the moment you know it, investors starts selling off theirs to earn their profit and the process will continue. I think that is the same with Bitcoin in the past the reason it has its spikes and dumps. I do like the steady growth like other assets or investments, you know it is reliable since the price is increasing even though it is slow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: