Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the following smart contracts platforms will thrive?
Ethereum
NEO
Cardano
Expanse
Qtum
Lisk
EOS
Zen Protocol
Rootstock
Ethereum Classic
Other (Please specify)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which smart contract platform will prevail?  (Read 179 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:25:52 PM

Up to date, many smart contract platforms have emerged after the inception of Ethereum. Given the popularity of developing decentralized applications which are censorship-resistant, a lot of money is being poured into cryptocurrencies which have such technology.

As such, it would be only a matter of time before one of the many available smart contract platforms in the market, would prevail and becomes widely used in the mainstream world.

So, the question is: Which smart contract platform will prevail? Will it be Ethereum, NEO, Cardano, or others? Please make sure to vote in the poll above for your desired option. Also, I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:26:36 PM

Ethereum has a large number of supporters and is the largest and most successful platform for decentralized applications, many use its smart contracts, but I believe that it has a more promising competitor, EOS, which in the future will be able to completely replace it. In addition, EOS will use parallelization to make possible block scalability for potential millions of transactions per second. Unlike Ethereum, which uses the Proof-of-Work / Proof-of-Stake hybrid system, EOS will use the Graphene technology, which uses the consensus mechanism with delegated trust (DPOS), which was demonstrated in stress tests to reach 10,000-100,000 transactions per second, unlike 25 transactions per second for Ethereum. EOS includes a mechanism for freezing and fixing broken or frozen applications. For example, if the DAO were implemented on EOS, it could be frozen, patched and updated without disturbing other EOS applications. This is only part of the benefits of EOS, so I voted for it, but it's worth mentioning that EOS has not yet realized a full-fledged and workable product.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:39:30 PM

I have a few choice but since I can only choose one, I choose ETH. It is by far the most popular platform and has a large user base. I find Neo to be good too and I believe that Neo will continue to grow.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:02:24 AM

Ethereum has a large number of supporters and is the largest and most successful platform for decentralized applications, many use its smart contracts, but I believe that it has a more promising competitor, EOS, which in the future will be able to completely replace it. In addition, EOS will use parallelization to make possible block scalability for potential millions of transactions per second. Unlike Ethereum, which uses the Proof-of-Work / Proof-of-Stake hybrid system, EOS will use the Graphene technology, which uses the consensus mechanism with delegated trust (DPOS), which was demonstrated in stress tests to reach 10,000-100,000 transactions per second, unlike 25 transactions per second for Ethereum. EOS includes a mechanism for freezing and fixing broken or frozen applications. For example, if the DAO were implemented on EOS, it could be frozen, patched and updated without disturbing other EOS applications. This is only part of the benefits of EOS, so I voted for it, but it's worth mentioning that EOS has not yet realized a full-fledged and workable product.

Completely agree with you, mate. Even if now Ethereum is the largest and most popular smart contracts platform in the world, it could easily be replaced by EOS's greater tech. It provides unparalleled scalability which allows anyone to transact and interact with smart contracts in a stress-free way than Ethereum itself. Therefore, the probability of EOS replacing Ethereum in the future is extremely high, unless Ethereum upgrades itself to scale for a wider audience in the mainstream world.

Nevertheless, only time will tell us, if Ethereum will prevail in the end or not. But by the looks of it, the odds of Ethereum maintaining its place in the cryptocurrency markets are becoming low as EOS prepares itself for mainnet launch. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:19:57 AM

Many of the industry-specific utility tokens being created on the Ethereum platform don't require large transactions-per-second speed, so for them, I think ETH will remain a viable platform.

For applications that do require huge transaction numbers, then EOS may be the more suitable path, going forward.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:24:47 AM

One that is actually working, most of those you posted aren't eve working yet. I still choose Ethereum, because for now, it's the easiest to use, NEO has some benefits, but I don't think it's gonna prevail, because it's not as easy to use. Waves might gain some traction, because creating a token on there is literally three clicks away and if it's easy, most people can do it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
dss

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:35:04 AM

My belief is in Ethereum. Extensive tech documentation, massive adoption, and somewhat decentralized community.
NEO and QTUM as smart contract platforms are all on life support. I know they have good price performance, but that's almost irrelevant. I would think NEO's ontology as their attempt to survive as a product. Because their current platform sucks. Check their code and see what smart contract they can support other than token issuance. And for QTUM, I don't think they give Dapps any reason to choose them as a platform, not enough tech documentation, generally disappointing performance after being listed, and not enough community involvement - too centralized.
EOS is another scam. The competition for the 21 super nodes set the tone for centralization. And if you are ok with centralization, why bother choose EOS, just go with Google, Aws. And I would argue, those are far more trustworthy central nodes than most of the scams that are running for the super nodes.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:14:05 AM

I believe that more than one will be successful and heavily used. In the world it is very rare to have a "winners take all" in relation to finances. The instruments are diverse. Ethereum is already successful and many things will still be created and improved on this platform. So it is likely he will still lead. But Cardano is the most robust project of all. It will definitely be the most used in 3 years, at least when compared to all existing projects today.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:56:45 PM

One that is actually working, most of those you posted aren't eve working yet. I still choose Ethereum, because for now, it's the easiest to use, NEO has some benefits, but I don't think it's gonna prevail, because it's not as easy to use. Waves might gain some traction, because creating a token on there is literally three clicks away and if it's easy, most people can do it.

Yes. Ethereum is the most popular and easiest to use smart contract platform available today. Since it has the most market share, many startups and companies have been developing ICOs on it. On the other hand, NEO is also good but seeing that it only has 7 nodes within a same region, I consider it highly centralized. Until NEO becomes decentralized, it would be subject to manipulation, and downtime easily. One good example of this, is how NEO's network became disrupted in October 2017, simply because the nodes went down. That's a huge flaw that NEO needs to address if it wants to become a competitor against Ethereum.

But, other than that, NEO has many unique features that could make it a one-of-a-kind smart contracts platform. Speaking of Waves, it's also a good cryptocurrency and provides many useful features which are hard to ignore. Its simple to use interface allows anyone to create their own token, participate on its internal decentralized exchange, send/receive Waves, and more. Sometimes, I wonder why it's so undervalued considering the potential it has to take the crypto world by storm.

Another smart contract platform that will have a huge impact in the blockchain industry would be EOS. Since it provides a superior technology than that of Ethereum's, it can easily be used for dApps which require high throughput. Once it officially releases in June, things might become interesting for this new smart contract platform as it becomes a fierce rival against Ethereum. The only thing which I dislike about EOS is the way its consensus model is established by allowing only 21 block producers to exist on the network. This is centralized in part, and could make EOS prone to manipulation and third-party interference in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
bucsren

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

ETH and NEO are my choices. ETH is the most popular contract platform. They already received huge support from the investor and its goal is to become the world’s only supercomputer based on the blockchain. On the other hand, can handle more transaction compare from ETH. Neo utilize a better delegated proof of stake consensus mechanism compare ethereum. Both of them are very competitive in the market.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:18:44 PM

It would be still ethereum,though neo have a chance ethereum has smartcontracts and d-apps first, neo specializes in smart economy which is why i prefered more neo for long term hold,and ethereum for short term because these two are the most powerful platform in cryprotocurrencies as of the moment,or maybe still in the future.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:51:11 PM

It would be still ethereum,though neo have a chance ethereum has smartcontracts and d-apps first, neo specializes in smart economy which is why i prefered more neo for long term hold,and ethereum for short term because these two are the most powerful platform in cryprotocurrencies as of the moment,or maybe still in the future.

There's no doubt that Ethereum is the most dominant smart contract platform in existence today. While many competitors have emerged, none have been able to replace ETH in terms of market cap and worldwide acceptance. Due to the unparalleled security and reliability of Ethereum (when compared to other platforms), it has been the number one choice for startups and companies to launch their own ICOs in it.

On the other hand, alternative smart contract platforms like NEO, have good technology and value proposition. However, given that there has been a wealth of smart contract platforms released during the last years, the competition becomes stronger each day. Cardano, Expanse, Ubiq, Lisk, Qtum, RootStock, TRON, EOS, and others have emerged as viable competitors against Ethereum, but only one shall prevail in terms of usage and popularity in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:59:15 PM

Completely agree with you, mate. Even if now Ethereum is the largest and most popular smart contracts platform in the world, it could easily be replaced by EOS's greater tech. It provides unparalleled scalability which allows anyone to transact and interact with smart contracts in a stress-free way than Ethereum itself. Therefore, the probability of EOS replacing Ethereum in the future is extremely high, unless Ethereum upgrades itself to scale for a wider audience in the mainstream world.

Nevertheless, only time will tell us, if Ethereum will prevail in the end or not. But by the looks of it, the odds of Ethereum maintaining its place in the cryptocurrency markets are becoming low as EOS prepares itself for mainnet launch. Just my opinion Smiley

If EOS takes the lead I am not sure if some already built dApps and smart contracts on ethereum network would like the idea of switching as it will mean an extra coding job for them to move towards EOS. From this fact I do believe ethereum will be used even if majority opt in for EOS at the end of the day because ETH has some infrastructure built.

Honesty I do think that many of these will be used for different kind of purpose. So whenever you are looking into building specific software or for correct region etc. For instance I do see NEO to be used vastly in the Asia more than in other places. As we have different companies that do the same thing I think we are going to have different platforms such as eth, eos, neo etc. that have same apps that will be used by many people at the end of the day.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:08:02 PM

Though Ethereum is enjoying the leader of smart contract platform , but the recent competition seen by other platform like NEO is making thing less of it. NEO has the backing chinese , and as Chinese government mostly assist its infanct companies globally , very soon, the government will likely back it to prevail among all the smart contract.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:09:29 PM

If EOS takes the lead I am not sure if some already built dApps and smart contracts on ethereum network would like the idea of switching as it will mean an extra coding job for them to move towards EOS. From this fact I do believe ethereum will be used even if majority opt in for EOS at the end of the day because ETH has some infrastructure built.

Honesty I do think that many of these will be used for different kind of purpose. So whenever you are looking into building specific software or for correct region etc. For instance I do see NEO to be used vastly in the Asia more than in other places. As we have different companies that do the same thing I think we are going to have different platforms such as eth, eos, neo etc. that have same apps that will be used by many people at the end of the day.

I know that it would take some effort to switch dApps from Ethereum to EOS, but if developers see that the benefits are greater using the latter, then they'll switch to it. One thing for sure, is that EOS will be superior than ETH in terms of scalability and features. But it is up to debate whenever EOS will be largely supported by mainstream startups, individuals, or companies since Ethereum already has a solid foundation since its beginning.

Nevertheless, only time will tell whenever one of these platforms will become the leader in the blockchain space. In the moment, Ethereum is on the lead, but another smart contract platform could take its place if it grows at a greater rate in adoption and popularity. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
marmeladko

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:14:46 PM

I think that Ethereum will be the leader, but something must be changed. Too many projects, too many tokens which nobody needs. I think that Ethereum will win this marathon because of developers and regular updates. Also community trusts Buterin and his network!

azizsatrasia68

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:44:37 AM

Up to date, many smart contract platforms have emerged after the inception of Ethereum. Given the popularity of developing decentralized applications which are censorship-resistant, a lot of money is being poured into cryptocurrencies which have such technology.

As such, it would be only a matter of time before one of the many available smart contract platforms in the market, would prevail and becomes widely used in the mainstream world.

So, the question is: Which smart contract platform will prevail? Will it be Ethereum, NEO, Cardano, or others? Please make sure to vote in the poll above for your desired option. Also, I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley
Actually I like Ethereum and NEO. If you have to choose one from the list you mentioned, I tend to choose ethereum to be the top choice. I'm sure ethereum will still win compared to the others. The reason is because many new projects that use smart contracts, so that the impact on the demand for more and more.
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:23:58 AM

I am confident with Ethereum because right now I see Ethereum growth very well and can be profitable in the future let alone have the greatest platform which is very good and successful and has many devotees, therefore, I am sure with Ethereum, and thus Ethereum promise and have a number of smart contracts and I see that Ethereum will win

Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:50:36 AM

I am more sure to Ethereum and Bitcoin because this coin has blockchain technology let alone can survive in a long time so I am sure with both the above coin and with so many people who like and interest this coin let alone the coin above can invest in the long term so I sure with both coins above
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

I would preffer Ethereum, because I believe it has a strongest protocol among listed above. It will survive all things.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: