Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:28:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there be a DAO 2.0 someday?  (Read 107 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

In the beginning, there was The DAO which aimed to become a successful Decentralized Autonomous Organization eliminating the middleman, and allowing shareholders (DAO Token Holders) to approve specific projects, etc. However, due to a flaw within its coding, The DAO became hacked and ETH funds were "lost". After that, ETH made a rollback and funds were returned to their rightful owners.

As of today, there's nothing left of The DAO, and quite some time has passed ever since the above events happened. Therefore, my question is whenever The DAO would become resurrected in the future as The DAO 2.0 or not? The idea wasn't bad, but the carelessness of the developers when coding the smart contract without focusing on security, led to such failures.

The DAO 1.0's flaw could become addressed in a new version of it called The DAO 2.0, but it is up to the development team to decide if it will happen or not.

What are your thoughts about this?  Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:56:19 PM

IMO, the concept of DAO is just utopia, it can't be done no matter how they want to structure it, the way humans are some people need to be made decisions for and some people make these decisions, that is how things will remain. I know for sure it will be done soon but I will certainly not invest in that again

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:01:19 PM

IMO, the concept of DAO is just utopia, it can't be done no matter how they want to structure it, the way humans are some people need to be made decisions for and some people make these decisions, that is how things will remain. I know for sure it will be done soon but I will certainly not invest in that again

In some point, human intervention is needed to make certain decisions over everyday systems. However, I believe that in the future, as technology advances and smart contracts would become more secure, a new DAO might emerge by then. Everything in this world starts small to grow into something big in the future. As such, while The DAO 1.0 was completely flawed, future DAOs will change the way we interact with our daily lives.

Imagine a DAO which could take decisions by itself and pay those people who work in it. The things provided by this kind of system is quite revolutionary and hard to ignore in the future. One thing for sure, is that Ethereum has shown the potential for these kinds of systems to emerge in the long term. Which means, that there could exist millions of DAOs in the future that would minimize human intervention, by making decisions in a self-autonomous way. That combined with AI technology, would make the "SkyNet" of the future.

Nevertheless, if another DAO comes in which is proven secure, then I'll give it a chance by investing into it in the future. Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:09:08 PM

In the beginning, there was The DAO which aimed to become a successful Decentralized Autonomous Organization eliminating the middleman, and allowing shareholders (DAO Token Holders) to approve specific projects, etc. However, due to a flaw within its coding, The DAO became hacked and ETH funds were "lost". After that, ETH made a rollback and funds were returned to their rightful owners.

As of today, there's nothing left of The DAO, and quite some time has passed ever since the above events happened. Therefore, my question is whenever The DAO would become resurrected in the future as The DAO 2.0 or not? The idea wasn't bad, but the carelessness of the developers when coding the smart contract without focusing on security, led to such failures.

The DAO 1.0's flaw could become addressed in a new version of it called The DAO 2.0, but it is up to the development team to decide if it will happen or not.

What are your thoughts about this?  Huh
DAO has made ethereum to fork its blockchain to return the ethereum back to the holders again. I guess it will not happen again, as per the majority of people don't even supported Parity fork with the result of NO on the voting process. Honestly, DAO is not ethereum platform's fault.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
AndreiYoung

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

do you have related article about this ethereum hacked? is it because DAO?
alttry2019

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:17:10 PM

Yes, of course, DAOstack is one of the best projects I've ever met. They have all star teams and brilliant idea. I believe there will be a lot of contribution from DAO to crypto.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: