Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Previous virtual currecny in China was 13% of the Chinese cash economy?? WTF  (Read 1389 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:12:49 PM

Wow!!! Many of you are already well aware of what I'm going to share, but because I'm a novice, I can't seem to wrap my head around this, so I'm sharing it in my attempt to get a better grasp of what I read. Despite it being factually, I'm still left with a sense of WTF amazement.

So I'm reading this article about how China previously went bonkers for another virtual currency (QQ) a couple of years ago. And one of the interesting things I read is that "just a couple of years, QQ had grown to such an extent that some estimates put it at 13% of the Chinese cash economy"..

Unfortunately, QQ was controlled by one company and the Chinese gov't shut QQ down overnight.  No such action can be taken against our Bitcoin since it has no master.

So all I can say is holy fcuk Batman. I'm certain that there will be bumps in the road, but the future looks interesting to say the least.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/18/investing/bitcoin-china/

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:19:15 PM

Wow!!! Many of you are already well aware of what I'm going to share, but because I'm a novice, I can't seem to wrap my head around this, so I'm sharing it in my attempt to get a better grasp of what I read. Despite it being factually, I'm still left with a sense of WTF amazement.

So I'm reading this article about how China previously went bonkers for another virtual currency (QQ) a couple of years ago. And one of the interesting things I read is that "just a couple of years, QQ had grown to such an extent that some estimates put it at 13% of the Chinese cash economy"..

Unfortunately, QQ was controlled by one company and the Chinese gov't shut QQ down overnight.  No such action can be taken against our Bitcoin since it has no master.

So all I can say is holy fcuk Batman. I'm certain that there will be bumps in the road, but the future looks interesting to say the least.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/18/investing/bitcoin-china/

I'm beginning to wonder if it's all based on hype:

The largest Bitcoin exchange in the world is located securely inside China, and one of the world's largest Internet companies, Baidu (BIDU), is integrating and using Bitcoin. It seems highly unlikely that Baidu would be able to integrate Bitcoin payments across its vast network of users without some sort of complicit nod from higher authorities.

Prepare to be shocked as to how many bitcoins Baidu has collected to date: https://blockchain.info/address/1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:22:23 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 04:36:15 PM by Pangia

1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg   has only received 1.37549469 BTC

Well if it's just hype, I'm riding this hype ship straight into the storm.  Most of us here didn't get into BTC at it's current price, so if there is a 1000 foot wave coming, there will be of cushion to bail in time to prevent any significant loses.  

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:22:29 PM

I would not underestimate Chinas ability to filter internet traffic, thats the scary part. If Chinese authorities do turn against Bitcoin....

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:27:54 PM

Unfortunately, QQ was controlled by one company and the Chinese gov't shut QQ down overnight.  No such action can be taken against our Bitcoin since it has no master.

I would not underestimate Chinas ability to filter internet traffic, thats the scary part. If Chinese authorities do turn against Bitcoin....

https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html.en

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

...the price will go back to $100. This current growth of value is probably due to the demand of Bitcoin in China. Besides that, they would only have to ban Bitcoin, and it would be game over for it in China, due to the massive enforcement of politically important laws.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: