Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:16:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If You Had $100 to invest in one Alt-Coin, Which one and Why?  (Read 5863 times)
rumlazy

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:17:24 AM

It becomes obvious you are one of the big pre-miners

It's becoming more and more obvious to everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about. I'm going to quit responding to you since you obviously just make random statements without any supporting facts. I've bought 95% of my coins on Cryptsy.

I personally don't think you were part of the instamine, you've been pretty honest about stuff.  Did you buy most of your GLD before or after you guys changed the block reward from 500 to 45 though?

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:55:43 AM

As a recommendation for something both quite cheap and likely to gain value I would say zeta.

It's 95% mined already so supply is starting to dry up.

If you look on http://coinmarketcap.com/ it's currently ranked 22 so there's still a lot of room for growth.
It also seems to have the most stable graph over the last week, solidly gaining value.

Does it offer anything innovative? Can more be made?
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:08:05 AM

As a recommendation for something both quite cheap and likely to gain value I would say zeta.

If you look on http://coinmarketcap.com/ it's currently ranked 22 so there's still a lot of room for growth.
It also seems to have the most stable graph over the last week, solidly gaining value.

Nope
Yes
But I actually don't think either of those things will affect the price much in the short term.
Medium-long term I agree.
gudmunsn

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:30:01 AM

If I were you, I'd look into Worldcoin (WDC). It's traded on like 6 exchanges (mcxnow.com being the largest volume) and it has huge support behind it. Development is active, people are building new sites and services at all times, and it has gone from a $100k to $1.5m market cap in the last 2 months.

Benefits:

fast, 30 second block time, 1 minute confirmation time (compared to bitcoin's 10/30 minute block times/confirmation times)
reward that is decreasing 1% weekly to reward early adopters but not distance middle-road adopters.
great community on irc at irc.freenode.net, channel #worldcoin
WDC will have a USD to WDC exchange built out with a beta released on December 20th, 2013 - scharmbeck.com

If you have any questions about it, please stop by our irc channel. You can use a web-based irc client on the Worldcoin Foundation website to get connected:  http://worldcoinfoundation.org/contact

-gudmunsn
Core WDC Developer

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:09:02 AM

I bought 100 PPC with the same idea in mind, now i am also slowmining and i am looking to buy another 150.

Already doubled in a week Tongue Though bitcoin helped obviously...
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:29:24 AM

There's about 40 buy trades for 2 sell trades for YAC on bter.com, so at least someone is investing their $100 there. Grin

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:04:58 PM

Nope
Yes
But I actually don't think either of those things will affect the price much in the short term.
Medium-long term I agree.

Took a look at it, pretty interesting ill throw some play money in there i guess.

WorldCoin possibly looks good, im probably going to invest in some Devcoins just for fun because theyre so cheap.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:12:41 PM

Robert save your money for emunie pre sale, to pick up some cheap coins, before launch. All the other coins are just clones of bitcoin, emunie is a completely new architecture it's crypto currency 2.0

Heck even buy some ripple, just don't waste your money on clone 1537.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Robert save your money for emunie pre sale, to pick up some cheap coins, before launch. All the other coins are just clones of bitcoin, emunie is a completely new architecture it's crypto currency 2.0

Emunie seems nice, but it bothers me that it is closed source.
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:45:08 PM

Im going to have my hand in a little of a couple of coins that i deem legit after some more research. I appreciate all the responses guys. Where will Emunie be available for presale?
MikeyVeez

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

Im going to have my hand in a little of a couple of coins that i deem legit after some more research. I appreciate all the responses guys. Where will Emunie be available for presale?

Not 100% sure but I think soon if all the beta testers are done purchasing them.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:47:45 PM

It'll be announced shortly, currently a little behind on client milestones so dealing with that first as its priority #1

Feel free to jump in the forum though, always busy and lots going on Smiley  Put your name in the beta thread and you'll get activated in a couple of days and you can play around with it and access more forum stuff Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
MikeyVeez

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:48:57 PM

Emunie seems nice, but it bothers me that it is closed source.

Theres a difference between ripple closed source forever than emunie closed source to protect the hard work from clones in the beginning. After it is somewhat established it will become open source.

Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:03:54 PM

It'll be announced shortly, currently a little behind on client milestones so dealing with that first as its priority #1

Feel free to jump in the forum though, always busy and lots going on Smiley  Put your name in the beta thread and you'll get activated in a couple of days and you can play around with it and access more forum stuff Smiley

Very cool, what is the estimated price at start?
Neo8

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:59:12 PM

Innovatives coins have a much better potential to grow.

Neocoin is an innovative coin (not a clone as most of the altcoins)

-> Instant Messages with Encryption (can replace centralized messages by email or IM)
-> Automatic updates for security fixes
-> Unique UI
-> Chinese support

http://neocoin.org
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:11:39 PM

CGB, MEC or QRK would probably be your best bet.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rumlazy

Activity: 203

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:33:01 PM

anyone who listened to me on megacoin, you're welcome!
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:06:49 AM

anyone who listened to me on megacoin, you're welcome!

Yep i used Megacoin as a base sold it off and diversified my portfolio. 
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:48:03 AM

Why is nobody talking about Emunie. That'll be the future!
Maybe because it will be a closed source premined scam coin?  Wink

Go promote that scam somewhere else, it's crap, it will always be crap and it's not crypto currency 2.0. If you really believe that yourself, you should spend some more time learning what a crypto currency is and the philosophy behind it. A crypto can't be closed source!

And that presale is sickening, premine the shit out of it and sell the coins before it even is released?

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Bakaboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:37:20 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 03:04:08 AM by Bakaboy

And making slanderous accusations is obviously the hallmark of such a "learned" individual like yourself. While your brain is obviously too calcified to comprehend anything remotely intelligible, I suggest you begin by starting to read the letters "A", "B" then "C", baby steps son, baby steps. Sooner or later you'll get it, at least that's the hope. Cheesy

Why is nobody talking about Emunie. That'll be the future!
Maybe because it will be a closed source premined scam coin?  Wink

Go promote that scam somewhere else, it's crap, it will always be crap and it's not crypto currency 2.0. If you really believe that yourself, you should spend some more time learning what a crypto currency is and the philosophy behind it. A crypto can't be closed source!

And that presale is sickening, premine the shit out of it and sell the coins before it even is released?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: