Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If You Had $100 to invest in one Alt-Coin, Which one and Why?  (Read 5863 times)
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:40:35 PM

Which one has the best potential to reach $1 in the span of a year?

Once again im torn with Devcoins, since theyre basically a reward system coin for completing programming tasks and such? Bitcoins already do that though, unless Devcoins have a certain innovation..

Sorry I do not see Devcoins ever beating out the other top 5. It seems like most people lost interest in it. Any development potential in it seems very abstract and not likely to produce something.

Best contender is CGB, and PPC. Maybe NameCoin.

WorldCoin has some fundamental negative issues, as does GoldCoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:45:23 PM

Once again im torn with Devcoins, since theyre basically a reward system coin for completing programming tasks and such? Bitcoins already do that though, unless Devcoins have a certain innovation..

I'd go with CryptogenicBullion. If your not mining then at least you can get some PoS (Proof-of-Stake) interest, while your waiting for the price to rise.

Rarity and Scarcity being your best option.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:47:42 PM

I'd go with CryptogenicBullion. If your not mining then at least you can get some PoS (Proof-of-Stake) interest, while your waiting for the price to rise.

CGB sounds very appealing and has increased a lot in the past couple days. Goldcoin kind of smells of pump n dump but the name is nice  Cool

Think im still going to invest in some Devcoins just cause of the very low price.

The one "coin" that has increased like 200% is BitBar, and i have no idea what that is.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:55:14 PM

CGB sounds very appealing and has increased a lot in the past couple days. Goldcoin kind of smells of pump n dump but the name is nice  Cool

Think im still going to invest in some Devcoins just cause of the very low price.

The one "coin" that has increased like 200% is BitBar, and i have no idea what that is.

Yuck, Bitbar  Tongue

It has a negative history from what I've read.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:58:48 PM

Every consider Litecoin and Feathercoin? Smiley

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 12:03:26 AM

Yuck, Bitbar  Tongue

It has a negative history from what I've read.

Bitbar had a big pre-mine and is perhaps to rare.

Devcoins are OK, but if you want the best chance for a good % increase on your $100 bucks then right now I'll stick with suggesting GCB.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:06:51 AM

Every consider Litecoin and Feathercoin? Smiley

Feathercoin is trash.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

Peercoin. LTC is probably gonna go big in 2014, but at 10x the current price of PPC, you may do better off with PPC. There's going to be almost 10 million more LTC made by the end of 2014, whereas there will only be about 3 million more PPC. Even if you do go mostly in LTC, grab some PPC, this will be it's breakout year as well.

Also, PPC's presence is still relatively unknown in China. It has SO much potential to grow.
Bakaboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:31:17 AM

Emunie, it's alive and well. It's still under heavy testing and development but you can't hurry genius. Wink
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:31:44 AM

I suggest CGB and EMU, both have big potential.
EMU even more, but CGB could be a winner as well...I (will) have both, holding for long term Smiley

CGB= Cryptogenic Bullion
EMU= eMunie
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:35:28 AM

DGC - Digitalcoin - been pretty stable and has a dev who is active

TAG - Tagbond.com - A bit more risky but possibly big rewards, it will either go big or not at all and has become really cheap with the current BTC jump
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 01:23:47 AM

If You Had $100 to invest in one Alt-Coin for maximum profit later on, which one would you pick and why? Which Alt-Coin, that isnt even at a tenth of a cent, will possibly go to $1?

The answer is clearly... Goldcoin!

Over the past few months we've managed to assemble a fantastic community and talented development team at Goldcoin.

Although we're well above a 1/10 of a cent I think it's still early in the coin's evolution. Today we reached a milestone and momentarily reached #15 in overall market capitalization (http://coinmarketcap.com/). We have an Android app on Google Play, a paper wallet in beta and an innovative 51% attack defense second to none.

Our forum membership has grown by over 200% in the past 3 weeks. And we're the first coin ever to be featured in dual pairs on Cryptsy. Our long-term goal is to reach the #1 position and overtake Bitcoin in marketcap.

Sure some may think this is impossible, but I believe in shooting for the stars. Why not!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:04:03 AM

If You Had $100 to invest in one Alt-Coin for maximum profit later on, which one would you pick and why? Which Alt-Coin, that isnt even at a tenth of a cent, will possibly go to $1?

The answer is clearly... Goldcoin!

Over the past few months we've managed to assemble a fantastic community and talented development team at Goldcoin.

Although we're well above a 1/10 of a cent I think it's still early in the coin's evolution. Today we reached a milestone and momentarily reached #15 in overall market capitalization (http://coinmarketcap.com/). We have an Android app on Google Play, a paper wallet in beta and an innovative 51% attack defense second to none.

Our forum membership has grown by over 200% in the past 3 weeks. And we're the first coin ever to be featured in dual pairs on Cryptsy. Our long-term goal is to reach the #1 position and overtake Bitcoin in marketcap.

Sure some may think this is impossible, but I believe in shooting for the stars. Why not!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

One simple question, why is it better than all the other altcoins, and when do you predict it will reach $1?
rumlazy

Activity: 203

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:30:06 AM

I can't choose just one.

CGB, MEC, EMU, GRD are my top picks.

CGB- Reasons other people have listed.

MEC- has a nice sized community working on great things.  The developer is working on implementing coinjoin into the coin, which I think will be a big deal, especially with all the regulations coming to bitcoin soon.  It already has the best wallet and the best difficulty algo out there.  One of the only scrypt coins that isn't a straight litecoin clone.  It's doing millions in volume on btc38.com.

GRD- Gridcoin has BIONIC (researches diseases, and many many other things) implemented in it and it's dev team is already working on adding more.  POP3 email is already in it.  Next release will have cgminer/reaper and a pool built into it.  Doesn't have a lot of hype yet, but I think it will soon.

EMU- reasons other people have already stated.
Robert Lewandowski (OP)

Bayern

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:32:37 AM

I can't choose just one.

CGB, MEC, EMU, GRD are my top picks.

CGB- Reasons other people have listed.

MEC- has a nice sized community working on great things.  The developer is working on implementing coinjoin into the coin, which I think will be a big deal, especially with all the regulations coming to bitcoin soon.  It already has the best wallet and the best difficulty algo out there.  One of the only scrypt coins that isn't a straight litecoin clone.  It's doing millions in volume on btc38.com.

GRD- Gridcoin has BIONIC (researches diseases, and many many other things) implemented in it and it's dev team is already working on adding more.  POP3 email is already in it.  Next release will have cgminer/reaper and a pool built into it.  Doesn't have a lot of hype yet, but I think it will soon.

EMU- reasons other people have already stated.

Nice explanations, thanks for the response. What exchange is Gridcoin on? Ill check it out
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 02:57:56 AM

One simple question, why is it better than all the other altcoins, and when do you predict it will reach $1?

This is an excellent question. A lot of these altcoins are missing people with real-life business experience. I've been running companies since the early 1990's and understand the importance of building a solid foundation and united team.

Before becoming fully involved in this coin I did some market research and discovered that of all the altcoins in existence people prefer the name Goldcoin over any other hands down. Even though the coin had a checkered past I decided it was worth rescuing because of the fact that the word "Gold" means "value" to every single human being on earth.

Then through a series of synchronicities other people with big dreams and unique talents starting showing up. I'm sure some of it is luck (or favorable planetary alignment) but we now have managed to build the greatest community in all of cryptocurrency and a stellar group of software engineers to man the development team. Our new 51% attack defense is something not yet available even in Bitcoin. And we aren't resting on our laurels, we're still building and still innovating.

Once people realize there's more than one make and model of automobile capital will begin flowing into the other automakers. Bitcoin POS hardware will be updated to accept multiple coins and consumer demand will catapult the most competitive altcoins into the stratosphere. We at Goldcoin are determined to compete at the highest levels, to dream big, and to continue working hard.

Plus I get to drink a beer when we reach a dollar in case you don't know that part of the story.  Smiley
rumlazy

Activity: 203

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:29:33 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 04:17:49 AM by rumlazy

Nice explanations, thanks for the response. What exchange is Gridcoin on? Ill check it out

Gridcoin isn't on any exchanges yet, still pretty new. Dev kind of sucks at marketing it so far Sad

@microguy
I like you guys and your community but getting over the fact GLDcoin had one of the largest instamines of all time, (around 33% of all GLD in existence was mined on day 1) and that your devs first action when they took over GLD was to reduce the block reward from 500 to 45 is a tough pill for me to swallow. The 51% defense caused the coin to fork for every pool when it was installed, and hasn't been tested yet. (that i know of) Akumaburn told me that under a dozen people hold 50% of all gold coin not too long ago. Not talking shit or spreading FUD, just stating my opinion.  I like that you guys haven't given up yet though.

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:46:21 AM

Gridcoin isn't on any exchanges yet, still pretty new. Dev kind of sucks at marketing it so far Sad

@microguy
I like you guys and your community but getting over the fact GLDcoin had one of the largest instamines of all time, (around 33% of all GLD in existence was mined on day 1) and that your devs first action when they took over GLD was to reduce the block reward from 500 to 45 is a tough pill for me to swallow. The 51% defense caused the coin to fork for every pool when it was installed, and hasn't been tested yet. (that i know of) Akumaburn told me that under a dozen people hold 50% of all gold coin not too long ago. Not talking shit or spreading FUD, just stating my opinion.  I like that you guys haven't given up yet though.

Ouch!

Another nail in the coffin of GoldCoin.

MicroGuy, you can put together thousands of memes for GoldCoin, but you cannot fix a coin that has been heavily premined.

It becomes obvious you are one of the big pre-miners, now hold a majority of the coins, and want everyone to buy in so you can get rich.

Sorry, but for me buying coins is not about making someone else rich. That's all.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:53:13 AM

It becomes obvious you are one of the big pre-miners

It's becoming more and more obvious to everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about. I'm going to quit responding to you since you obviously just make random statements without any supporting facts. I've bought 95% of my coins on Cryptsy.
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:14:56 AM

As a recommendation for something both quite cheap and likely to gain value I would say zeta.

It's 95% mined already so supply is starting to dry up.

If you look on http://coinmarketcap.com/ it's currently ranked 22 so there's still a lot of room for growth.
It also seems to have the most stable graph over the last week, solidly gaining value.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: