Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats your crash-comming-panic-sell number?  (Read 3976 times)
nikanon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:09:35 PM

You're asking the wrong question.

Watch for a momentum increase (as in now)...

Then place your stop-loss well below the trend line.

Let the market take you out when it breaks the trend line.

BTW I suspect China will surprise us all, pushing this market farther then anyone expects... but don't play that gamble.  Now is the time to put stops in.  But keep them well below the trend line.  You don't want to get stopped out too soon.

Is there an exchange with a stop-loss feature or are you using a bot? Would LOVE to use a stop loss so I can stop checking price every 5 minutes.

Campbx..
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

BTW I suspect China will surprise us all, pushing this market farther then anyone expects... but don't play that gamble.  Now is the time to put stops in.  But keep them well below the trend line.  You don't want to get stopped out too soon.

Can you rewrite all of this in normal english, since most of us aren't stock market junkies?

Then when you finish that, reassure me that you're not trying to compare bitcoin to stocks again ... because you're wasting your time.

The rules don't apply.

Good lord... look at a Bitcoin chart.  Show me anywhere on that chart that doesn't perfectly match the common stock or commodity cycles.

The only difference is the cycles are far shorter with crypto currencies.

We are in the distribution phase of this cycle.  It cannot keep this momentum much longer without at least doing a 50% correction.  Only question is just how high does China push it.  I suspect we'll all be suprised.

...The rules most definitely apply!
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:53:23 PM

Is there an exchange with a stop-loss feature or are you using a bot? Would LOVE to use a stop loss so I can stop checking price every 5 minutes.

Campbx..

Stop-loss feature is still not enabled on CBX...  Undecided
sStC9

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

Can you rewrite all of this in normal english, since most of us aren't stock market junkies?

Then when you finish that, reassure me that you're not trying to compare bitcoin to stocks again ... because you're wasting your time.

The rules don't apply.

They have, and will always apply, even to bitcoin. I promise you that we will have a big correction any time soon. It always happens. But with the numbers so high right now, we might be tanking over this correction. People tend to get nervous when we're up in these numbers.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:04:23 AM

i know what happen. the price is going to drop 50% when everyone in Western world is sleeping. they wake up and price is $400, ooh arr?! Then the real dumping begins...

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 12:04:52 AM

After some calculations, panic sell number is 675 USD/BTC, if LTC price stays below 9 USD/LTC.

As litecoin crashed to 1 USD/LTC and bitcoin crashed to about 75 USD/btc.There has been 9 times increase in LTC price and the same has happened to bitcoin.

Already the highest is achieved that is 676 may be crash may happen any time.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:07:45 AM

I plan to sell enough to cover my initial investment at 1200
I'll throw 50% of what remains into cavirtex and cbc and hope for some dividends over time while keeping the rest to play this most enjoyable of endeavors.... guessing the trends

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:17:37 AM

I'm expecting the current silliness to peak around $1000 and crash back to about $500.

Rather than preparing to sell, however, I'm just going to hold on, in the expectation that in a year or two there will be a higher peak, and by that time my preparations to cash out without owing taxes will be ready to go.   Grin

It is stunning however, to watch something I picked up for $400 as a "whimsical long-shot entertaining" kind of investment having day-to-day swings the size of my house mortgage.  And you know what, it isn't a cheap house.  Shocked

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:19:14 AM

I'm expecting the current silliness to peak around $1000 and crash back to about $500.

Rather than preparing to sell, however, I'm just going to hold on, in the expectation that in a year or two there will be a higher peak, and by that time my preparations to cash out without owing taxes will be ready to go.   Grin

It is stunning however, to watch something I picked up for $400 as a "whimsical long-shot entertaining" kind of investment having day-to-day swings the size of my house mortgage.  And you know what, it isn't a cheap house.  Shocked

Then your investment in Bitcoins isn't small either Smiley
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:20:44 AM

i know what happen. the price is going to drop 50% when everyone in Western world is sleeping. they wake up and price is $400, ooh arr?! Then the real dumping begins...

so you sold at ...   380 ?

good luck, mate
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:21:40 AM

sold 75% , i'm gonna rest in my bear hole tille the storm is over.
(bought at 200-350 dollars)
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:23:04 AM

I learnt something in trading school long time ago and that is: never base a trading decision on tax merits. ooh arr!! good luck.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Cryddit
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:23:12 AM

It was a small investment when I made it.  It isn't a small investment any more.  

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:26:59 AM

It was a small investment when I made it.  It isn't a small investment any more.  

You bought at $400 and swings are the size of your mortgage. The biggest swing is what? $400? So you must have invested at least the size of your mortgage.
Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:30:26 AM

Bitfinex has this feature. You can put a running stop in.  Place out of range of the price so that your running stop stays below the trend line.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:34:41 AM

kraken.com

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Cryddit
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:36:15 AM

You bought at $400 and swings are the size of your mortgage. The biggest swing is what? $400? So you must have invested at least the size of your mortgage.

Don't be silly.  I didn't invest $400 per coin.  I invested $400 for many coins.   Cool
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:03:03 AM

I sold 250 coins last week at a little under 400. Of course I regret that now as I could have made another 80k by holding, but whatever. I really didn't expect us to hit 500. I'll be surprised if we can make it to $1000 without popping. its just going up too fast right now
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:24:42 AM

I call it top at 4000$
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:53:18 AM

Keeping it at  720 USD...Might get there sooner than expected though...

Did you sell yet?  its hitting your number on gox now Cheesy

Unfortunately I was sleeping while this happened; so no selling has been done  Tongue
Did I say 720 USD? I meant 1720 USD... Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: