Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE scam people!!  (Read 11201 times)
malaimult (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:51:44 PM

5 days ago I bought 2 btc @ 320 each. Today the btc suppose to be clear in my coinbase account @ 615 each, When suddenly i receive a coinbase email stating that the transaction is suspicious and my money has been reversed.

I had almost $100k back and forward with coinbase for the past year and never had any problems at all but today they shut my transactions because of this bitcoin raise.
Not a good strategy for coinbase. 

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:52:35 PM

Note! We've exceeded our normal buy limits for today. If you would still like to purchase you will receive the market price of bitcoin on Friday Nov 22, 2013 at 11:52AM PST after your funds have arrived.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:05:49 AM

Yeah it looks like coinbase is having a lot of issues today not being able to keep up with the demand. They really need to find a way to let people deposit USD so that we can just buy as much BTC as we want instantly, and they don't have to worry about the wires not going through.
ricardotemporal

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:15:31 AM

yes Coinbase is much problems now a days

better stay away from these Coinbase guys

my friend was also got bad experience with Coinbase

they seems converted to scam now

Regards
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:45:32 AM

5 days ago I bought 2 btc @ 320 each. Today the btc suppose to be clear in my coinbase account @ 615 each, When suddenly i receive a coinbase email stating that the transaction is suspicious and my money has been reversed.

I had almost $100k back and forward with coinbase for the past year and never had any problems at all but today they shut my transactions because of this bitcoin raise.

okay, have you: A) contacted Olaf@coinbase.com? B) Spoken with someone from support about this specific issue?

I've seen this happen before - JUST REACH OUT TO THEM.  They fix things like this and will credit you back your BTC at the agreed upon rate!  As far as the message about "limits being met and unable to provide further service" you are sol with that one because they've already sent you notification that their services are disrupted, BUT you still can definitely reach out to them and have them credit your account properly for the 2 BTC. 

Coming on here, fussy about your issue and your issue only:  Makes you look unreasonable as though you didn't take the time to resolve it first before coming here to whine about it.  Bitcoin protocol is probably being stress tested to the max among other things. 

I mean, do you see me coming around, making a "hater thread" on Mt. Gox because I'm waiting for a btc withdrawl from 20 hours ago that still hasn't hit the network?  NO, I'm going to wait until MT gox says nothing further can be done and then if that happens, I will proceed to trash-talk them into the ground akin to what you're doing here. 

To newcomers, I like Coinbase A lot - they are usually hassle free for the most part - as the OP said he's transacted more than 100k with them prior.

csun

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:49:33 AM

okay, have you: A) contacted Olaf@coinbase.com? B) Spoken with someone from support about this specific issue?

I've seen this happen before - JUST REACH OUT TO THEM.  They fix things like this and will credit you back your BTC at the agreed upon rate!  As far as the message about "limits being met and unable to provide further service" you are sol with that one because they've already sent you notification that their services are disrupted, BUT you still can definitely reach out to them and have them credit your account properly for the 2 BTC. 

Coming on here, fussy about your issue and your issue only:  Makes you look unreasonable as though you didn't take the time to resolve it first before coming here to whine about it.  Bitcoin protocol is probably being stress tested to the max among other things. 

I mean, do you see me coming around, making a "hater thread" on Mt. Gox because I'm waiting for a btc withdrawl from 20 hours ago that still hasn't hit the network?  NO, I'm going to wait until MT gox says nothing further can be done and then if that happens, I will proceed to trash-talk them into the ground akin to what you're doing here. 

To newcomers, I like Coinbase A lot - they are usually hassle free for the most part - as the OP said he's transacted more than 100k with them prior.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to any of the threads going on in here. Coinbase will not honor the transactions at the original rate.

They do one here and there for a bit of good PR, but if you browse over the forums, you'll see that the majority are met with no response or declined.

There's a significant difference in waiting for something that you will receive in the case of Gox, vs. someone borrowing assets from you with no intention to honor the original transaction.

They make huge promises and lure people into a false sense of security with their instant verification and promise of easily obtaining BTC. But when market price increases heavily, they can't keep up with their promises, don't bother notifying customers, and cancel orders for personal benefit or to cover losses.

The biggest lie is right inside there TOS in that they state you purchase BTC directly from Coinbase which is clearly not the case as their prices/tickers revolve around a margin to BitStamps prices, stops working when BitStamp goes down, and the blog post about cancelled order clearly states that they go out and buy BTC once they receive a batch of orders from customers.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:22:09 PM

Sorry to hear it.

This is how Ycombinator projects work.

Coinlab/Coinbase/Coincrap - Multiple cases of stealing from users through the "canceling BTC sale when price goes up" scam, amplified by "pay anyone complaining on the forum" double-down. In any event their burn rate takes them out of the picture this year, so damage should be limited, but try and sit at a safe distance.

Going by the density of forum complaints I'd venture a guess that even the double-down has by now proved to be too consuming.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:24:41 PM

my transaction was flagged after my money was pulled out from my account and in the exact minute when i suppose to had my btc credited. Not a day before not even in the 5 days that took to credit my account, just in this last minute they flag my transaction.
This is just a scheme and i bet there are many people out there who had this problem.

malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

I try to contact them but no response. It seams they had there hands full. Hope this will be sorted out somehow

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 09:52:23 AM

Every time BTC hops all these companies find a away to capitalize on the uptrend by keeping the bitcoins and refunding the money. Every time bitcoins stays steady for a few weeks you hear hardly anything but good business practices.  So then you will have people on both sides saying they used a company before and they are good and then another saying they got ripped. THE WORLD of BTC..  <3

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:57:55 PM

Bitcoin Scammer  you are right.  Keep up the good work

Monuta

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:37:37 PM

Thanks for the share good i don't use coinbase Smiley!
XBBlade

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:42:17 AM

Some faucets use Coinbase as payout method. What do you think? Since I love to get free Bitcoins.

Faucet one (dailyfree) (refer link ;P ): http://dailyfreebitcoin.com/?id=44800
Faucet two (hotswap) (refer link ;P ): http://hotswap.co/?id=2884

Read my blog (signature) for the easiest ways to get free coins. It became my hobby Smiley
truongdhnh

Activity: 870

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

I'm using coinbase. I feel it normal.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

We are trying to do our best but rely more on the community for information then anything else. Thank You

Bitcoin Scammer  you are right.  Keep up the good work

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:39:07 PM

I'm using coinbase. I feel it normal.

for now.

XBBlade

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:04:08 PM

Is coinbase only accepting American customers? Can't seem to get my account verified, but them again, if it's scam why would I .. O_o
malaimult (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:50:04 PM

Is coinbase only accepting American customers? Can't seem to get my account verified, but them again, if it's scam why would I .. O_o

only US citizens.

btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:21:41 AM

It takes them 7-9 days to credit my account from a purchase. If I go to localbitcoins.com the transfer is immediate. That alone is worth thousands in a market like we have now.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:59:59 AM

This is not scamming, its called operating an exchange. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: