Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook dominance  (Read 256 times)
Johannson (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:12:59 AM

Do you guys think that some day we will stop using fb? It sounds crazy thinking about that know, but you see, now they are facing legal issues. What if ppl get concerned about their privacy and move to other social media ?
Bogocoin09

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

Do you guys think that some day we will stop using fb? It sounds crazy thinking about that know, but you see, now they are facing legal issues. What if ppl get concerned about their privacy and move to other social media ?

For me, I don't think so. Yeah facebook can be used in some issues that involved private infos. But it is up to us if we show to the public our infos that can be used to make crime that involved us. So I think the "think before you click" is one of the caution that warn us on every social media.
GG_nick

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:27:24 PM

Yes. A lot of people have stopped using Facebook especially after the last issue they had. Eventually, a better program will take over the top spot of currently owned by Facebook; just like how it replaced Friendster and Myspace.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:16:02 AM

Some reports say 50,000,000 facebook accounts have been deleted. Some 200 million facebook accounts must be inactive.
Kiddy0831

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:07:56 AM

I think facebook will not be vanish. I think it will improve their way of providing private information. Because this app were proven to be usefull now and in the future. If it will be disabled, Im sure they have substitute app in this just like instagram and twitter.
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:27:31 AM

Years ago, peoples said that twitter will defeat Facebook but that's not happen.  I like Facebook and don't use twitter.  As long as it's free, of course will affect your privacy.  But I don't think it's a big problem for me.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:10:00 AM

Years ago, peoples said that twitter will defeat Facebook but that's not happen.  I like Facebook and don't use twitter.  As long as it's free, of course will affect your privacy.  But I don't think it's a big problem for me.

Donald Trump is always on twitter. Russian president Vladimir Putin is also on twitter. See my twitter page for the many information, news, videos and more..
kalbsoklab

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:47:41 AM

Hmm. From my opinion facebook will just continue to improve itself to retain its status as no. 1 social media platform. Since we are all familiar on how to use facebook, I think we will still choose it over other.
Anti_greget

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:22:43 AM

Yes facebook is a remarkable revolution in terms of socializing with people,
eka wati 00

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

I am very fond of Facebook media and will always use it as long as there is still the application. And it does not matter too if Facebook's social medias do not exist anymore, because who knows in the future there is a new social media over Facebook.
Saraha02

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:05:12 AM

It’s a point that crossed my mind, and the thing I also wonder is if someone did come up with a better platform - Facebook would likely buy it out, or use it’s massive data base to dig up dirt on the new potential. It’s got kinda like Men in black with these multi billion dollar companies.
Pythontown

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:53:02 PM

Years ago, peoples said that twitter will defeat Facebook but that's not happen.
mangodecrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 10:53:44 PM

I think the data analytics scandal with Cambridge Analytica that broke earlier this year has dented Facebook's public standing and brand image. It has spawned the #DeleteFacebook movement and many are opting to delete their FB profiles as a result.

There is a level of trust which some feel has been breached. I think FB is ripe to be superceded by a similar platform that is decentralized and more secure in terms of personal data.

IMHO it's only a matter of time before Facebook goes the same way as MySpace or becomes a has-been app past its prime.
luisXmole

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:36:46 PM

I think if Facebook is going forward to spread leftist propaganda and ban rightwing and censor opinions, then a lot of people will switch to minds.com
oneblagobl

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:34:32 PM

Yes, such a moment will be possible. Because every person on this earth is interested in the preservation of personal data. And on Facebook they are simply not there. Everything is open
MadEth

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:52:55 PM

that will be a difficult thing to happen Facebook is quiet a smart company and are not ignorant on how to keep the market share they have got.. am sure inside they still looking at the possibility of making the structure on a blockchain network which wont be easy to achieve.. but for facebook going off the market that i cant really foresee now
ethantaylor

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2018, 06:39:54 AM by ethantaylor

If Facebook becomes more disappointing, more people will switch.

I think it won't hurt to not use Facebook. I have a few Facebook accounts for some reason, but I don't actually use them.

In my region, I have seen a fan page be taken down entirely and some people said that was because it did not conform to a certain Facebook moderators' political position. So it can be risky to host your contents on Facebook.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:53:19 AM

I think it won't hurt to not use Facebook. I have a few Facebook accounts for some reason, but I don't actually use them.

In my region, I have seen a fan page be taken down entirely and some people said that was because it did not conform to a certain Facebook moderators' political position. So it can be risky to host your contents on Facebook.
What are other choices other than Facebook? I Think they have already earned the reputation they have now. By what people need and want to have, they have improved so much from what they were when they were just starting.

For using Facebook, I think it's okay, I know some people who don't have it. I personally don't use it too much just because of the toxicity of some people that I know in real life. They are not entertaining enough, and ultimately, I use it for communicating purposes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nicholson55

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:16:25 AM

Yes, I believe so - as to when? I don't know
ethantaylor

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

What are other choices other than Facebook? I Think they have already earned the reputation they have now. By what people need and want to have, they have improved so much from what they were when they were just starting.

For using Facebook, I think it's okay, I know some people who don't have it. I personally don't use it too much just because of the toxicity of some people that I know in real life. They are not entertaining enough, and ultimately, I use it for communicating purposes.

Currently, there are no other platform which has the exact features like Facebook. But someone I know uses Twitter as a backup after some of his Facebook posts got deleted.

You can also write your thought on a blog, and then use Twitter to notify your followers of your new posts.

I use Facebook for communicating purposes, too. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: