Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO VS Established Altcoin  (Read 191 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 05:12:20 AM

I am quite hesitant when it comes to investing in ICOs, I usually go for alts that are in the top 100 of market cap at least.

Don't you think its a less risky option?

What is your take on this?
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:20:29 AM

I am quite hesitant when it comes to investing in ICOs, I usually go for alts that are in the top 100 of market cap at least.

Yes I agree because I too have my own apprehension with ICOs. No matter how good the project looks, there are chances that it might be a scam project and I don't want to risk my money. But, I differ with you on one point. I usually prefer to invest in alts which are newly listed and have potential to grow. For example Hero Token is one such coin which has raised 40mn$ and would be listed soon on major exchanges.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 05:28:36 AM

To me it does not matter when you are buying inot the token, the most important thing is the quality of the project, before when looking at project on coinmarketcap.com I use to stay t top 100, but now the space has changed even some project below Top 500 have strong potentials than some in Top 200. Now so many good projects are undervalued and one just need to find them ahead of the market

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
jinxcreedy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:31:19 AM

I believe your fears are well founded however,  it's because you have a good pocket that is why you target those top 100. ICOs are risky yet they offer better returns to investors. Compare PARETO. If you invested $10,000 about four weeks ago, today you would be having over $350,000. How many top 100 could give you such returns?

Everyone do have their own unique strategies
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:33:30 AM

There's always a risks for investing in ICO's and investing in altcoins, but the less risky is in the  altcoins than ICO's. I preferred to invest in many altcoins that had a great potential and in ICO's I actually confused to put an investment because no matter how the project are looks good there's possibility that it might be a scam.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:35:06 AM

it IS a less risky option but try not to limit yourself to only top X coins. all the altcoins that exist can have the potential of getting pumped and giving you profit and the lower they are on the ranking system the bigger their profit is going to be.
it is simply because most people think like you. they stick to topX coins but the market makers don't. so when a coin outside of their topX is getting pumped they jump in way too late and the market maker make a lot of money from the huge pump that their FOMO buy caused.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:36:59 AM

It is all about your risk-reward comfort levels.  Sure, there can are good ROIs on established Alts, and yes, many ICOs turn to dust.  But the benefits of getting in early (Pre-sale or main sale) are the cheap token price, possible bonuses, and the potential for huge growth if the project is successful.

Keep an eye on Helbiz (HBZ) this week when it finally lists on it's first exchange.  I think that will be a great example of a successful ICO launch.
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:39:52 AM

Buying Altcoin alone does not make it less risky. You as investor would still have to do your due diligence to come up with good Altcoin that can increase the value of your fund and bring you profit. ICO is not different either.

Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:43:02 AM

To me it does not matter when you are buying inot the token, the most important thing is the quality of the project, before when looking at project on coinmarketcap.com I use to stay t top 100, but now the space has changed even some project below Top 500 have strong potentials than some in Top 200. Now so many good projects are undervalued and one just need to find them ahead of the market

No matter how good the project looks, there's possibility that it's a scam, and your money will may be lost and remember there's always a risks before put an investment you should need to be ready and accept the possible will be happen. Well for me the less  risks is investing in altcoins that had a good potential.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:43:43 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 06:40:28 AM by gribble

You are right, it is less risk but in my experience it will be easy to increase the values of my asset, when i have made investment in ICOs my values of asset becomed couples times and i like it, actually investing into the ICOs doesn't huge risk if we know about the fundamental aspects of projects, unfortunately many investors even they don't read the whitepaper and do research about the project.
Lifestudent38

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 05:52:32 AM

This

This is a fair approach!!! Its a risk - reward thing. There are ICO projects with sincere developers with real word solutions to real world problems and the potential returns far outweighs what one can expect to make with a top 100 Crypto since investors need to be rewarded for taking on the risks in the 1st place!

I think the best is to find a project/s you believe in much alike to conventional stock and then appropriate like 10 - 20% of funds with those. This way you can diversify and generate returns out of projects that may be the next top 100 whilst keeping your funds relatively safe.
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:41:28 AM

investing in ICOs or on top 100 on coinmarketcap list, they are both risky, but If I were you, I would go for top 100, its risky but you can study the flow of its market.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

Yes, I agree with you so I like to invest in coins whose ICO are semi new. In this way you can judge by their actions what they are up to. I invested in Paragon coin, the cannabis based coin. The project is good as cannabis industry will experience boom in coming years. They have progressed well and they are delivering what they have said in their roadmap. I suggest to invest in PRG. Do have a look at them. They launch their updates regularly. I have high hopes from them.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:46:02 PM

not all ico after open market will drop its price
even there ico like genesis vesion open market price could rise 3 times from ico price
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:50:40 PM

Yes I completely think that Established coins are way better than the coins which are in the ICO phase. ICO phase is like something where there are two things that can happen. One it may be hit the exchanger with good price and mint workout best for rest of the roadmap. Or it could happen that it may just become the scam before hitting the exchanger.

So yeah, its as logical as we state here, established coins would be the first choice. But also only first 50-100 as you said because from there onwards coins may not have proper volume and thats why they are way below the line too.
Psynthax

Activity: 2310
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:50:52 PM

You should put a little part of your amount in the icos, Make sure you have done a lot of analyzation before investing in the ico. You can try to put the rest into the top 100 of coinmarketcap. I guess with this latest bullish trend and there is a possibility to the ico after it will be listed on the exchange site and there will be a pump.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:54:35 PM

It's very hard tp say what is better but I sometimes take a risk and invest in the most promising ICOs.

MarlonDamon

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:55:10 PM

You can invest in ICOs after evaluating their progress. I mean newish ICOs are good to go if they satisfy their standings. I have high hopes from Lamden coin because after their ICO they have shown great progress on their roadmap. So now I invested in Lamden about 3 weeks ago. Its price has already multiplied by almost 3 times. I believe that it will go further up so I will HODL TAU more until ultimate gains. Check them they develop blockchain technology.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:05:01 PM

On the additional thought to add on!

Established Altcoins :

1) Already surpassed the risk zone of getting scammed
2) Gets attention of wider number of investors
3) Development happening can be witnessed on the go
4) Projet comes almost to the end of roadmap thus serving as proof of stake!
5) All the above and thus minimised risk!

Initial Coin Offering :

1) Insufficient data to understand what will be the project outcome.
2) Investment is more or less in the thin air
3) No guarantee of reaching the final stages unless we witness the exchanger listing
4) Only weak promises and contracts and nothing else
5) All the above and thus more risk!

I can go on adding but these are most common points that comes to the mind!

Conclusion :  Go with the established altcoins, cut down the list to top 50 and if coin is beyond 100's but with good volume/developments then still worth to invest.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
parkraol

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

I have invested in an ICO of less than $1 per token. I just want to test how to invest in an ICO. First, I read the whitepaper, their roadmap. The team are very transparent. The project is promising. We had good communication in telegram, they are always present when I had questions. After 1 month of ICO was over my investment is double. As my coin continue to rise in that project I bought ether also.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: