Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:53:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sent bitcoin to MultiBit but they never arrived  (Read 2372 times)
ZetaOS (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:18:56 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 10:52:14 PM by ZetaOS

Hi all,
I have a problem whit my multibit wallet i just installed.

I have made two wallets insite the application.
After i send 1.5 bitcoin to my wallet address 2.5 hours agow i still see no transaction.
What went wrong here? Have i lost my 1.509 bitcoin :-(

Please help

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

The money is there, as long as it's the right address.  Restart Multibit first, and if you still don't see it, you may need to click Tools, Reset Blockchain.
ZetaOS (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:29:14 PM

The money is there, as long as it's the right address.  Restart Multibit first, and if you still don't see it, you may need to click Tools, Reset Blockchain.

First backup?
or not necessarily

mjb

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:40:35 PM

Not necessary! Reset blockchain only reloads the blockchain!

Of course, backup are always a good idea.  Wink
msc

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:44:10 PM

Multibit can get out of sync with the blockchain - I think it happened to me once.  Date of first transaction, or you can specify a date 2 or 3 days ago to be safe.  It may not help, but it won't hurt.

It's also possible that the wallet is corrupted, but if it's showing you the correct public address, it should show the balance.
ZetaOS (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:52:21 PM

Multibit can get out of sync with the blockchain - I think it happened to me once.  Date of first transaction, or you can specify a date 2 or 3 days ago to be safe.  It may not help, but it won't hurt.

It's also possible that the wallet is corrupted, but if it's showing you the correct public address, it should show the balance.

If the wallet got corrupted, what must i do?

The whole multibit new installed on the pc.

mjb

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:53:25 PM

BTW Jim if you read this - it occured to me that "reset blockchain" is somewhat misleading and sounds more dangerous than it really is.
What about renaming it to "reload blockchain"?
ZetaOS (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

BTW Jim if you read this - it occured to me that "reset blockchain" is somewhat misleading and sounds more dangerous than it really is.
Yes, i am afraid to press it.  Not done yet, i am now at my night shift ( Also as trader)

jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:53:00 PM

Agreed - we were thinking of having a 'repair wallet' page in the next version which will be a bit friendlier.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
ZetaOS (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:02:06 AM

Agreed - we were thinking of having a 'repair wallet' page in the next version which will be a bit friendlier.
Please do, this braght me a bad night.

Its fixed by the way.

Also important, A Backup button that is called backup.

Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:38:06 AM

This shouldn't be happening, but I've observed it as well. I have never seen this happen with the Android app or any of my local test apps, so I'm not convinced this is bitcoinj related. More logging required?
cosmowright

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:35:37 AM

Hi, I've download multibit and I read on the web that it would sync in seconds. But I supposedly received bitcoins but I can't see it.

In the left I read "Connected to 0 peers" so I'm not getting any blockchains. I've gone on blockchain.info and they say my money is in the wallet.

I've gone there :
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_sentBitcoinToMultibitButTheyNeverArrived.html

I followed every steps.

How can I find peers? I really need to know that the transactions as really been done and that I can access my wallet.
cosmowright

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:32:03 AM

Can someone tell me if I can transfer money to my wallet? Its the first time I use a wallet. tahnks
msc

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:40:33 AM

Can someone tell me if I can transfer money to my wallet? Its the first time I use a wallet. tahnks
The coins should be safe, but it's best to wait until Multibit is working.

0 peers could happen if you're behind a firewall that doesn't allow outbound connections.  Are you in an office, hotel, etc, or on a cellular network?
cosmowright

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

I'M using WIFI university internet. Maybe its the reason.
So does that mean I should use internet wallet for the moment?

Ah ok. I'll get my 0.02 bitcoins back one day Tongue

Is there anyway I can circumvent that? Like download the blocks from someplace?
cosmowright

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:50:54 AM

I'M using WIFI university internet. Maybe its the reason.
So does that mean I should use internet wallet for the moment?

Ah ok. I'll get my 0.02 bitcoins back one day Tongue

Is there anyway I can circumvent that? Like download the blocks from someplace?
So I tried transfering my private key to blockchain.info. Didn't work for some reason. I'll think about that another day.
msc

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:20:22 AM

You might try using a different Wi-Fi hotspot.  If you can find one that just has a wireless router plugged into a cable modem, instead of one of the fancy AT&T hotspots that only gives you 24 hours of access, it might work better.  Just remember to open your web browser to see if it works before opening MultiBit.

Exporting a private key from MultiBit and importing it to Blockchain should work, but be sure to use a good password.  Web wallets are more susceptible to theft.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 12:51:36 AM

This is very common with Multibit. We run a major Bitcoin service and Multibit is one of the recommended wallets. We get this problem every day. Every single day. It seems that it's more likely for Multibit to not see a transaction for first time users, the first time around, than it is for them to see it. We've had to create a template answer for the "tools -> reset blockchain & transactions" feature because of the support load.

Hopefully there is a fix for this coming, it should work better. This is not something that rarely comes up, it's something I'm expecting almost every Multibit user to experience.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ZetaOS (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:10:44 AM

This is very common with Multibit. We run a major Bitcoin service and Multibit is one of the recommended wallets. We get this problem every day. Every single day. It seems that it's more likely for Multibit to not see a transaction for first time users, the first time around, than it is for them to see it. We've had to create a template answer for the "tools -> reset blockchain & transactions" feature because of the support load.

Hopefully there is a fix for this coming, it should work better. This is not something that rarely comes up, it's something I'm expecting almost every Multibit user to experience.

Yes, i was a first time user to,...scared the hell out of me

doublejoint

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:53:33 AM

I have the same problem where i received BTC in my multi bit wallet, however instead of reseting block chain (didn't know at the time what this does), i just closed the wallet.  If i remember my wallet address is it possible to add it back? or how would i recover the BTC (which is there even though it wasn't synced to the block chain?)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: