Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 11:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys what should I do? Coinbase is ignoring me. They ripped me $50k...  (Read 934 times)
javaguardian (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:10:30 PM

So I bought 100 BTC when they were at $200. They cancelled my deal Sad I'm lvl 2 and I bought from them multiple times. They didn't honor their deal and now bitcoins is up to like $650. Sad What should I do? I sent 12 emails to Coinbase. All ignored. I tweeted 20 tweets to Coinbase. All ignored. I also sent 20 messages to both Olaf and Brian Armstrong on reddit combined. And they were all ignored. What should I do? I don't know. Sad Please help!
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 10:26:29 PM

I hate coinbase.  A friend of mine who lives in the US, also lost his coins.  If coinbase sees the price increase, they do't do shit and say it's a "high security' issue.  I feel bad for you man.
daneel2

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:30:52 PM

wow, that is BS. post this on reddit ASAP and link it to the thread. then you will get a response.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

What was the reason for canceling your order? Also how much time passed between your order and the rejection. Did they returned your money in time?
coreli

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:35:17 PM

they do't do shit and say it's a "high security' issue.  I feel bad for you man.

This ^. It sucks but that's how coinbase rolls.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:36:16 PM

Well they high risk'ed me. Sad And it's been about 2 weeks.

and in response to the person above me,  What's ironic is I did post on reddit. And all I get is people downvotting me. Sad
almostmike

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:39:08 PM

I didn't lose nearly as much money as you, but I'm in the same boat. Level-2, fully verified, longtime supporter and customer, and now all my orders are "high risk" and they ignore my support emails and messages on here. I'm hoping they still make things right eventually and push through my orders at the original exchange rate, but I'm losing hope. I hope yours get worked out too man.

The opportunity cost with Coinbase keeping money tied up as bitcoin price rockets to the moon is huge.  Sad
trumbadera

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Coinbase is not exchange. They have to send money to exchanges when they are out of money there - happens when the demand is high

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:43:00 PM

Keep spreading the word about your problem then you might get noticed
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:44:14 PM

@almostmike Wanna band together to do something about it? I'm taking this to court as a last final option.

@trumbadera That's true. And if they actually admit that they cancelled my order not because it was actually high risk but because they the price shot up and the aren't able to buy and make profit, then they are in big big trouble.

@marcotheminer I will man. After I hit 4 hrs i'm posting this in the scam accusations section. Thanks!
almostmike

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:51:31 PM

@almostmike Wanna band together to do something about it? I'm taking this to court as a last final option.

Maybe, if it comes to that. I'm still giving them time to respond and make things right for me (it's been just a little over a week), but I don't know how much longer I will wait. I know they're lacking support and are swamped right now. I'm sure there are others here who would join in as well, if it comes to that. Just do a search for Coinbase or look at the threads that Olaf has responded to. Quite a few unhappy Coinbase customers, but Coinbase has made things right for a few of them. I still hope they will for us.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:54:31 PM

Yea about that. If anything good happens to you, definitely let me know. However, my faith in them as went from 100% to 0% after going 2 weeks with no one responding to me. Definitely let me know if there are any major breakthroughs in your case, I'll let everyone knows same with my case.
almostmike

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:58:56 PM

I'll definitely keep everyone here updated, good or bad. If they do good for us, they deserve to have us let everyone know that they've resolved our problems and made good, even if it took them awhile. And if they don't, the people have a right to be informed of the risks of doing business with Coinbase.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:01:09 PM

Yea. Tho not only am I  going to warn people if things don't turn good, I'm going to do my best to recoup my losses through the legal system.
sausalito

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:18:05 PM

Sounds like your F***ED
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:25:18 PM

Yea. Tho not only am I  going to warn people if things don't turn good, I'm going to do my best to recoup my losses through the legal system.

I guess they have somewhere in Terms and Conditions they can cancel any order. You should first read full Terms and Conditions you agreed to when signing up before spending $ for lawyer

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:29:45 PM

Right I read it line by line. here's the line that you want to know:

"3.1 Coinbase may cancel or reverse potentially high-risk buys or sells of bitcoin, including those made using reversible payment methods."

However by no means was my order high-risk. I've abided by everything. Level 2. Gave them every info they want. Did transactions amounting to the thousands before with no problem. So yeah..... :/
Himself

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:47:17 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that.  I haven't had any problems with CB, Gox otoh, they screwed me for a good long while.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:20:32 AM

I really do hope that coinbase honor the deal without any other external forces to force them to. :/ I have faith they will but it's been 2 weeks, and now that faith has gone to nothing....
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:28:01 AM

Fight for it my man!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: