Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DTC] Datacoin - Brainstorming Giveaway - Get coins for sharing ideas!  (Read 9159 times)
MessyCoin (OP)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:54:24 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 10:22:29 PM by MessyCoin

Giving away up to 200 DTC in this thread, 5~7 to each person + extra contributions from maxsolnc! I'm not a developer of this coin, just trying to generate awareness/ideas.

As a requirement: You must suggest a serious feature or service that you think should be developed for this new coin.
i.e. feature that could be added to the client or any idea or concept for a website/service/logo, etc. Suggested features should mostly relate to Datacoin's data storage ability and must be something new to the thread.

So, post your ideas and Datacoin address here!

If you only include an address or regurgitated idea then you receive just 2 DTC from me!

The DTC info thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0

ps: At this time I am selling DTC. See this thread and PM me if interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337422.msg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antp1114

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 01:42:26 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be a limit on the size of the file that can be attached, but it would be cool if you could maybe increase the miner or another fee to increase the size of the file you could store.

DKB12rQp5zZPJLxLt2EJsLpe9fwJvFq2Ev

Thanks!
MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:47:38 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be a limit on the size of the file that can be attached, but it would be cool if you could maybe increase the miner or another fee to increase the size of the file you could store.

DKB12rQp5zZPJLxLt2EJsLpe9fwJvFq2Ev

Thanks!

Yeah, perhaps this could be done by segmenting files and sending multiple transactions. Exactly the kind of thing that could conceivably be built in to the client! Sent!

hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:52:15 AM

D6Rvt4QqZECeikxRxuXRcL8JJxtN1UM5PQ
Thanks!
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:09:05 AM

need official web!

D9e7oB2CQFhtMT3Th6TwGJAGvtsLzKuh5U

Smiley
MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:20:07 AM

need official web!

D9e7oB2CQFhtMT3Th6TwGJAGvtsLzKuh5U

Smiley

Sent!

ps: Also added to giveaway requirement that future suggestions must be ideas new to the thread.

adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:03:03 AM

who can provide the pool?

DHDGcPXMP1mZFBSMcA8St6NJS4pTbskSRT

j5d

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:16:54 AM

I'm not technically inclined enough to make what I think would be a valid feature suggestion for this coin. So I'm going to have to use my imagination.

Provide this as an option:

Make the process of sending some Datacoin from one wallet to another use the wallet addresses themselves as a means to create a "decoder ring" for the signed messages, so not only is there data embedded into the blockchain, but you would have to be aware of what to search for and what "decoder ring" to use to even see the message? Every transaction would create a new decoder ring, which can really be applied to any section of the blockchain, but the only section that would reveal legible information would be the section it was meant to decode?

Okay, I'm done. Here is my wallet address: DQpyYpqoR48MkG9Y3eASNoVw3NeRtgmK46

OhShBit

Activity: 114

¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:23:01 AM

DSScD28ZC2dbg9RZmBcHA2isCgBCrLwE9x  Thank You!:D
shaber122

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:34:59 AM

D7qnhC8KEKqQDfp7HtVM9q7qG8XyXRWn2D
Thanks!
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:39:27 AM

I want to some how use data coin's combined power in a manner that would let people use it on their computing project.
folding at home,and seti at home could certainly use  bit coin's total computing power....

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:44:43 AM

I'm not technically inclined enough to make what I think would be a valid feature suggestion for this coin. So I'm going to have to use my imagination.

Provide this as an option:

Make the process of sending some Datacoin from one wallet to another use the wallet addresses themselves as a means to create a "decoder ring" for the signed messages, so not only is there data embedded into the blockchain, but you would have to be aware of what to search for and what "decoder ring" to use to even see the message? Every transaction would create a new decoder ring, which can really be applied to any section of the blockchain, but the only section that would reveal legible information would be the section it was meant to decode?

Okay, I'm done. Here is my wallet address: DQpyYpqoR48MkG9Y3eASNoVw3NeRtgmK46

Cool suggestion. I also think some kind of encryption could/should be built into the client so that only the receiving address could decode the message. Using this built-in encryption would be optional of course. Perhaps there could be two options for encryption 1: encrypt the data with a pass-phrase (which could be shared with multiple people) or 2: encrypt so that only the recipient (with the private key) could decode.

Mark77

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:44:59 AM

Thanks!  Cheesy
DEknuLRSBWvH8ozEXAnxwEJWRRU1W7u2Uj
MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:55:20 AM

I want to some how use data coin's combined power in a manner that would let people use it on their computing project.
folding at home,and seti at home could certainly use  bit coin's total computing power....
This would be great unfortunately it seems very difficult to design a proof-of-work for crypocurrency that would also double as doing something else useful aside from securing the network. The closest anyone has come has been Primecoin I think, though I am not sure how scientifically useful the prime numbers it generates actually are - at least it is an attempt.

Perhaps a coin like Datacoin (that stores data in the blockchain) could be the key to such proof-of-work. Evidence of the computer's contribution to the 'computing project' could be stored in the blockchain... However the computers would still be 'wasting' their power hashing away on a specific proof of work like bitcoin/primecoin rather than working on SETI. Bit over my head how someone will solve this Grin

roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:58:57 AM

DTNi22vvk8Upd15vixL2CGsDchJs8YjssT

Thanks!

I think one interesting application would be storing encrypted data that you want to make publicly available at a later date.
You could send an encrypted version of your data into the network and then at a later date upload the key and maybe a reference to the encrypted data.
You can obviously do this already with torrents or just web servers, but I think datacoin is a better fit because the data is guaranteed to stay there and can be referenced easily from outside.
MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:05:26 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 04:15:51 AM by MessyCoin

I think one interesting application would be storing encrypted data that you want to make publicly available at a later date.
You could send an encrypted version of your data into the network and then at a later date upload the key and maybe a reference to the encrypted data.
You can obviously do this already with torrents or just web servers, but I think datacoin is a better fit because the data is guaranteed to stay there and can be referenced easily from outside.

Yeah, nice. Something like Datacoin could have applications in artistic copyright registrations, scientific research perhaps or anything where you wanted to prove you had prior knowledge of something Smiley

MessyCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:06:57 AM

All sent up to here. (Sent a few extra DTC to the best thought-out suggestions).

Kelekin

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:16:57 AM

Maybe I'm not the greatest at understanding the concept, but I feel there could be multiple versions of this coin that could be effective for historical referencing of text.  I mean think of it is as its' potential effect as a library.  Text is so easy to compress as is, what if there was a blockchain that was literally just important historical or referential documents?  As it stands it is important but there is no focus; after all, wikipedia is usually just a generalized collection of information.  Having -specific- information at your fingertips would certainly be something I love (ooh, I totally want to read block 8634 today~).  That being said, maybe I'm not getting it, and this is a whole new idea? If so, maybe someone can help me develop it. Smiley

DSnntVRrRbMW5rrLeNFiBj9sccT2j4WY1u

Thanks!
74kedr

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:19:41 AM

D9Wv4MpHnVjUxx1V8zcbumtHDNLdF2KigT
Cпacибo
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:22:38 AM

Yeah, nice. Something like Datacoin could have applications in artistic copyright registrations, scientific research perhaps or anything where you wanted to prove you had prior knowledge of something Smiley

I didn't even think of copyright and research! That's a great idea!
You could upload your work encrypted in realtime as you work on it, and then make it available whenever you needed to.
I think in regard to patents, whether something is in the public domain is a big issue, it would be interesting to know whether data publicly available but in an encrypted state would be considered to be in the public domain or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: