Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please add merit details to showposts  (Read 262 times)
Last of the V8s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:38:47 PM

theymos a request:

please add the merit details in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=xxxxxx;sa=showPosts

great system for making us make sense. thank you
Would be a nice feature.
Maybe this has been answered as too difficult or whatever - I don't always keep up.

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:18:36 PM

theymos a request:

please add the merit details in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=xxxxxx;sa=showPosts

great system for making us make sense. thank you
Would be a nice feature.
Maybe this has been answered as too difficult or whatever - I don't always keep up.

It will be easier to see the received merits on the posts for individual member.
It should not be a very difficult task, just a (may be few) database query and some script modification to print the result on the show posts page. It would be nice to see it has been added.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Last of the V8s (OP)
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 11:52:51 AM

Bump for justice, glory and great honour.

Rizzrack
Copper Member

Activity: 769
Merit: 702

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 12:25:08 PM

Might be a nice thing to have, not sure. Might be easier to erase the 120 days limit for merit display on the merit profile page tbh. Tho for users like Loyce you most definitely would get timed out because there are MANY transactions.
Even if it sounds cool, it might imply slight db changes and that would place it very low (if at all) on the to-do list
But hey, that's just my opinion. Very easy to code from scratch, damn hard to add something extra on an already existing product.
Quality of life suggestions seem to be postponed as much as possible.
You would have better chances proposing this on epochtalk's github

But if it's not that painful then by all means, I'm down for that !

Last of the V8s (OP)
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 12:30:45 PM

Well I'm glad you approve. It would be soo handy for checking people's meritworthiness, and save some clicks.
But let's take a belt and braces approach; please could someone with a github account suggest it to epochtalk? tia

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 04:52:56 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2020, 05:20:51 PM by andulolika

I like this idea, i tried it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5126084 but it wasn't that wished by then, perhaps now people changed their mind a bit.
Anyhow im not sure i like this circlejerk it is generating, like if one doesn't have merit he didn't do useful posts. I did like it at the beginning hoping it would stop positive trust ratings being made just to "merit" something-

I do regret now giving away all the merits when drunk, they aren't easily recoverable.

RIzzrack, the feature is new the memory of the coders should be fresh and shouldn't be such a big deal, now this is what i want to believe no idea about actual data.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Chlotide

Activity: 305
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 05:33:08 PM

Should work with a userscript . Not gonna promise anything but I'll give it a try. Hope it's not that hard as others mentioned  Cheesy
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 01:55:26 AM

Should work with a userscript . Not gonna promise anything but I'll give it a try. Hope it's not that hard as others mentioned  Cheesy
Might be a bit hard to get people into using a script, also, since data isn't public and most won't have an idea it exists it would be wasted, while I like it for small group communities I don't feel it going to be much easy to use. Just trying to tell you to not spend too much time in something that the forum itself should make and adapt.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: