Suppose the whole Bitcoin thing may just be a Bitcon. I mean, this thing could potentially fail, people could all
walk away and your wallet would just be another digital relic on file like a .fvwmrc or some old Doom wad.
So, what are the situations that will lead to the death of Bitcoin? Here's a few I just dreamed up:
1) Hoarding - market liquidity just dries up.
2) Legal shit - made illegal in the US and dies
3) Crime - too much fraud and hacking causes confidence crash
4) Stigma - Bitcoin gets tarred with sleazy reputation making it mainstream anathema
5) Godzilla - giant Jap dino squashes all Bitcoin PCs and servers.
Suppose that's all part of the risk and fun of it really, could go either way