Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:24:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio doubled in 3 weeks.  (Read 451 times)
Poink (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

It is nice to see continuous recovery the past several weeks.  Within the past 4.5 months, my portfolio dove down losing more than 75% its value from ATH to the low around April 4.  Since then, it went up and doubled...and while it is still less than 50% my ATH, it is an encouraging sight.

Hope this trend continues.  BTW, I am aware things will continue to oscillate (up and down) but as along as the general trend is upwards it is good. Smiley

What's your story?
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:41:40 PM

It is nice to see continuous recovery the past several weeks.  Within the past 4.5 months, my portfolio dove down losing more than 75% its value from ATH to the low around April 4.  Since then, it went up and doubled...and while it is still less than 50% my ATH, it is an encouraging sight.

Hope this trend continues.  BTW, I am aware things will continue to oscillate (up and down) but as along as the general trend is upwards it is good. Smiley

What's your story?
Yes that's the power of BTC, everything will follow btc. So, if btc up then they will all going up. I think it will be more increased when btc hit $15,000 we will all become rich because of what we hold. Just hold and stay we will in the moon again .
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

What I really like seeing is that the BTC dominance is steadily dropping. If the positive market sentiment continues the alts will see record gains.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:50:33 PM

What I really like seeing is that the BTC dominance is steadily dropping. If the positive market sentiment continues the alts will see record gains.

Yes, comparably, BTC gained 50% while alts gained 100% the past 3 weeks (at least average on my portfolio holdings).
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 02:07:45 PM

It's a been a great week so far. I am wondering how come you don't stop loss when you trade? As 75% down seems quite a lot and risky trading strategy, isn't? Hope BTC settle somewhere between $9K - $10K for couple weeks so alts can perform well.
Bitico777

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

Greetings! I'm doing pretty well, too, but my portfolio hasn't fully recovered yet.

preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:12:40 PM

Happy for you mate, your posts are typically informative and positive so good to see you gain some rewards.

I'm up around 60% just in the last 2 weeks, very happy with these times Smiley
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:28:54 PM

only 50% of my portfolio is increased, it's because I hold an old crypto. for another 50% has not yet moved and prices are still low. but I'm still happy because the average crypto has recovered and kept going up, I hope btc can reach ATH in the next few months.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:17:43 PM

It's a been a great week so far. I am wondering how come you don't stop loss when you trade? As 75% down seems quite a lot and risky trading strategy, isn't? Hope BTC settle somewhere between $9K - $10K for couple weeks so alts can perform well.

Hindsight is always 20/20.  Stop loss would have worked wonderfully but in the same token, many have been burned by it too.  We take our "gambles" and roll with it.

While I kinda expected the major dip (check my other threads), at the same time,  I was also hopeful that it will recover sooner than it did.  Then you reach that point where you just HODL and wait it out.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:36:19 PM

Greetings! I'm doing pretty well, too, but my portfolio hasn't fully recovered yet.

Same here, I am not even halfway to my old ATH but I believe it will get back up there...in time.  Smiley
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:36:42 PM

Happy for you mate, your posts are typically informative and positive so good to see you gain some rewards.

I'm up around 60% just in the last 2 weeks, very happy with these times Smiley

Thank you. Smiley
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

What's your story?
Seems like you got into the crypto in the right time. But make sure to hodl strong and never sell all coins of your portfolio.

And I also think that the general trend will be upwards.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:51:08 PM

What's your story?

Interesting that it doubled but you are still under 50% of your ATH. You seems to invest in quite risky coins. Maybe you should soften your portfolio a bit with coins that with coins that will be mainstream in years to come.   I am currently 62% of  my ATH and from  4th April my portfolio gained 80%.

Actually I see we dont have that much difference. I my numbers were smaller.

lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

When I was at the very bottom I have lost around 90% from the January ATH's, so basically I was holding during all the dumps. Everything starts to recover but for me there is a still long road to go. Next time I would prefer to transfer everything to BTC  as soon as the bear market arrives, will lose less this way.
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:58:05 PM

What's your story?

That actually sounds a lot like my portfolio.  I generally don't buy top 25 market caps and prefer to hodl so my fluctuations are pretty wild.  I'm probably about 75% invested in the 50-200 ranking market cap range.  Then also gambling a portion on some super low caps.
Kosmog

Activity: 207
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:03:43 PM

Try OCN ( Open Collectors Network ) https://opencollectors.network/

https://www.udemy.com/from-a-non-programmer-to-full-stack-net-developer/?couponCode=10.99DISCOUNT
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:28:16 PM

When I was at the very bottom I have lost around 90% from the January ATH's, so basically I was holding during all the dumps. Everything starts to recover but for me there is a still long road to go. Next time I would prefer to transfer everything to BTC  as soon as the bear market arrives, will lose less this way.

Sorry, you must have started the wrong time.

Despite my loss of 75%+ from ATH...I still  did not go below my invested amount.   I think I was at x7 during my ATH and at my lowest I was still +50% my investment.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:34:21 PM

Good for you and congratulations my man.I would recommend to take out your initial investment and keep hodling the rest.good luck for your private yatch Smiley

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Poink (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:42:34 PM

Good for you and congratulations my man.I would recommend to take out your initial investment and keep hodling the rest.good luck for your private yatch Smiley

The plan is to wait until it get back to my old ATH then take out my initial investment PLUS 100% as (secured) profit.  The rest will be left to grow.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:47:48 PM

The plan is to wait until it get back to my old ATH then take out my initial investment PLUS 100% as (secured) profit.  The rest will be left to grow.
With some trade you can to triple or more to enlarge your portfolio. Look at graphs. More waves and on every you can sell/buy and get more alts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: