Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:41:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT USE "MYETHERWALLET" FOR YOUR COINS!!!  (Read 226 times)
Bitc0ineX (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:25:15 PM

i just find this post on reddit please read
if you use myetherwallet and use google dns move your coins immediately to freewallet or hardware wallet
i move my funds to free wallet for now

https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ekao8/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:27:14 PM

if you use myetherwallet and use google dns move your coins immediately to freewallet or hardware wallet

https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ekao8/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/
I think it is better if you don't use the wallet at all until it is fix by the developers because if you transfer it or open it, the hacker could intercept your transaction and it will go to their wallet instead of going to your hardware wallet.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:35:35 PM

Normally what I would always suggest is never to use your private key directly due to phishing attacks or your own system exposed to some sort of malware. If you cannot use a hardware wallet, metamask is a very good option as it makes you connect to MEW easily without the use of your private keys.

I still made a transaction today to transfer COSS tokens from MEW, connected via metamask and it got transferred effortlessly.
alexeylom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:39:36 PM

If, honestly, it is rather frightening for the safety of its own funds, most likely you need to buy a hardware wallet and only then everything will be less safe.
CryptoRussell007

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:03 PM

Apparently site is running normal now. Problem started with Google/Amazon DNS service getting hacked and hackers linked MEW's website to phishing site. I hope none of us lost funds there.
mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:13 PM

A hardware purse does not give 100% security to your coins. But to reduce risks in full is probably worth about $ 100. And if there is a second computer, it's best to use it only for MEW
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:38 PM

If I'm not mistaken  the official Twitter myetherwallet wrote that now everything is fine, but one should be very careful at all, because hackers are always coming up with something new

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:42 PM

MyEtherWallet is only an interface to interact with the blockchain,
and currently it seems like it's re routing to a phishing site? which means it steals your private key.

a hardware wallet never shares your private key, however, a fake site still could edit the receive address.. so be careful regardless.
check that the certificate(green lock in URL bar) is green!

You can also download MEW and run locally!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:45:25 PM

Yeah I think everyone should avoid using Myetherwallet at the moment to avoid someone stealing your tokens. And it's advisable you get a hardware wallet instead
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:45:36 PM

I think that many of us have seen this so far since many news sources, people on social media such as reddit, twitter, here and on other sources have given us this information. You can always use MEW if you run it through source code since then you are sure everything works according to plan and as long as APIs working with other websites you should be good. I suggest to all of you to download from their official github account the source code while using it. Sadly some people lost their money for not double checking.
Yle725

Activity: 93

The future is your Genome

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:50:04 PM

Thanks for sharing. I just read a tweet of myetherwallet itself. the problem is now fixed. It seems only certain dns were exposed to the attack

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

I do not think that they got hacked because of MEW, they might have entered their private key in some phishing website which looks similar to that, there are a lot of scams sites trying to take advantage of users who are not careful and if you are not bookmarking the site and entering the site using search engine, you might get scammed.
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

Thank you for your advice because me myself was a victim of hackers exactly what the people says here upon reading their messages which I admit it was my mistake and one thing do not trust to anybody even your relatives when it comes to your private key.

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:05:13 PM

I just saw this not quite long. You could imagine i made a transaction today through MEW, to transfer a token from my a wallet to another. Although, i would say i was fortunate that my transaction was not intercepted by any hacker. One really need to be careful these days. Most especially when it comes to clicking on sites.
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:06:59 PM

To be on a safer side, one should try not to use the site for the time being for developers to fix the problem. I use ethplorer.io or etherscan to check my coins and also use imtoken to transfer from one wallet to another.
Marine8

Activity: 195

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 10:11:11 PM

It was actually frigthening. A friend just lost a lost of money due to this phishing issue. But it seems the site is quite safe to use now.But i will advice that we still maintain our safety by staying away from the site for some time.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cindex

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:13:21 PM

It seems like MEW is safe now. I think people using hardware wallets were not affected by this either, only MEW generated private keys during a certain period of time. Always worth taking precautions though!
Jlv

Activity: 336

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:16:21 PM

Good to know about this news, thanks for the information, we really need to protect our wallet, scammers are always there, we should be careful always.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:37:16 PM

I always worry about this. I realize that virtual wallets will always be the targets for hackers. there is unnecessary to avoid a certain wallet by using another wallet, because no guarantee that any wallet is not the target of hackers.
it is glad to know that MEW is fine now.
vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:40:48 PM

And there may online wallet supporting erc20 below was well protected ? and there was no inconvenience
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: