Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT USE "MYETHERWALLET" FOR YOUR COINS!!!  (Read 226 times)
Fayamba

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:44:40 PM

It is quite nice to make this known to other members of the forum in order for them to stay away from it. But as at now, it has been officially been confirmed that the issue has be resolved. But before we jump in and start trading, lets wait for a moment.
griezmann

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:47:30 PM

i just find this post on reddit please read
if you use myetherwallet and use google dns move your coins immediately to freewallet or hardware wallet
i move my funds to free wallet for now

https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ekao8/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/

i don't think this is true, i used MyEtherWallet since i got into crypto, but i never found any problems with MyEtherWallet, so i won't stop using MEW for my altcoins, it has to official announcement if this is not a hoax issue
alyssaxx

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:48:58 PM

It's very alarming, it's so hard to loss everything because of those hacker. Thankfully it's been resolve already, be safe guys..
NewBoss

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:50:19 PM

As we remember recently, the Eserdelts DNS server was hacked
now it's the turn of mayzervalleta
It has come to abandon the CSN service and go straight to the sites.

To do this, open C: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc
open the hosts file there and add to the end of the line
104.20.225.58 etherdelta.com
52.85.242.126 myetherwallet.com
then close and save the file

After that, your browser will go to the site strictly at the specified IP address
mightcoin

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

Do not panic about the news about attacks on the MyEtherWallet purse DNS servers. But also i would advice to abandon from manual checks of this and not to enter your MEW wallet.

quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

I think that if the MEW wallet was hacked at the present time, the safest way is to transfer all the cryptos you own to a more secure wallet like Coinbase instead of to MEW. Or if you are the most reliable, then you should buy a hardware wallet like the Nano S Ledger to store cryptos there, which is very safe and is not afraid of hacker intrusion to take over your cryptos.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:02:01 PM

It is quite nice to make this known to other members of the forum in order for them to stay away from it. But as at now, it has been officially been confirmed that the issue has be resolved. But before we jump in and start trading, lets wait for a moment.
Yes good to know some of us here inform all the users. This is very bad situation for all the users of myetherwallet since more were already hacked. We must be careful not to open this time so hope they will fix this asap.
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:11:18 PM

well many people have told this incident so that at this time we do not open MEW for a while because there is a problem on MEW and I find ⅕ Google Domain Name System registration servers were hijacked earlier today at roughly 12PM UTC so that MEW users were redirected to a phishing site. This redirecting of DNS servers is a decade-old hacking technique that aims to undermine the Internet’s routing system .
Bitc0ineX (OP)

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:42:24 AM

here is new update
hackers moved stolen eth to this address:
http://i68.tinypic.com/21jtzxc.jpg

if you use hardware wallet on this website it means that you have your balance
use your public address to see your balance, dont use private key to see your balance
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

I felt sorry for those accounts thats been hacked. I also experience it recently but not in MEW and I know how it felt hard to move on. Its also a lesson learned for us. Make sure that when you access your MEW account better look at the left corner before the address of MEW if its green. If its not a trusted site, better not use your instinct and try to login. Much better if you use MEW in an offline mode to prevent phishers from attacking us.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: