Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:51:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning MEW wallet!!!!!!  (Read 215 times)
tuansemazi (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

Myetherwallet is having problems, people do not have access to their myether wallet.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/8ek86t/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

Seems the best thing to do is avoid mew at all till the problems are solved. Even though the problem is not on mew side , it is still a big problem with crypto. You forget to check the url one time and something like this happens.

rodney0101

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

I can Provide Targeted Telegram Members

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:40:23 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2018, 11:21:04 AM by rodney0101

Myetherwallet is having problems, people do not have access to their myether wallet.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/8ek86t/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/

Thanks for your kindness bro but this topic has been discussing already in another threads. I think this is the third thread about this problem. Smiley
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

Thank you! You brought the information to us! But there is a way for users to manually check before signing in, avoid being cheated!
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:44:55 PM

wooooh another problem with MEW, before it was ED.
i just so lucky that it was a week from now that i am not using MEW wallet to transfer.
i will just wait till the issue is okay.
and once okay i will get new wallet address. ill be more on metamask too.
coinshn

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:59:11 PM

That is sad to hear.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:04:40 PM

Oh and I just used MEW yesterday to transfer funds. Keep safe everyone, make sure the site you transact with has a 'secure' or green connection on the address bar.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
artemdubina88

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

I do not understand why they do not connect 2FA!
My wallet was hacked 2 times! I do not want to buy Tresor.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2018, 07:03:30 AM by keycellko

This is just crap. I accessed my etherwallet earlier today. I dont know if my funds are intact. I hope they are. Im afraid to check now maybe there are still ongoing issues. I'll just wait a few days and hope my tokens and eth are all intact. These hackers are really doing everything to steal our hard earned money.
Donovan XXL

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:28:09 PM

This is just crap. I accessed my etherwallet earlier today. I dont know if my funds are intact. I hope they are. Im afraid to check now maybe there are still ongoing issues. I'll just wait a few days and hope my tokens and eth are all intact.
Check on etherscan.io, no risk there.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:31:57 PM

Thanks for the news, I will try to share this news in my social
media accounts. The hackers are really bad and getting worst everyday. I hope everyone is safe.
faisaladitya

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

in my opinion, Myetherwallet is not a problem, maybe Myetherwallet's problematic because of the wrong url, because if the original URL is not problematic.
then be careful when opening the Myetherwallet URL.
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:36:11 PM

Thanks for notice I tried to enter in this morning but nothing happened. Need change web wallet to another safe wallet.
Peterdav

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:36:54 PM

Thanks for the information it will be very useful, I also just heard that MEW has been hacked and some have lost their ETH. More careful in accessing our MEW account.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:36:59 PM

this is a big problem to all of us that uses mew. there is a lot of issues lately, so I dont feel secure now on mew
by the way thanks for this important information.
mdbelal1

Activity: 177

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:37:04 PM

its fake news , i still didnt face any problem, still i am safe , so didnt share this types of news,
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:39:57 PM

Sorry for the loss from those people who logged their private key to the website, it is stated that the hackers accumulated hundreds of ETH and
tons tokens from the Phishing site disguised as the official website using the google DNS to fool someone, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 is the Ip for the said DNS and it is clearly stated that it is not on the side of the official website based on the official tweet of the MEW team Here stay safe everyone and make it sure that the browser will not flag the website as not secured or not HTTPS, it is always prompting before entering the website.
Aleator

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:46:21 PM

They said they got hijaked and make the user turn into phised web ? Funny Enough Grin

I do not understand why they do not connect 2FA!
My wallet was hacked 2 times! I do not want to buy Tresor.
i think they have a metamask or EAL or Cryptonite, i always use MetaMask so "they" can steal or know your private key.

Btw are this problem will make a bad price for eth ?

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:50:21 PM

I thought that I'm the only person whose experiencing this kind of thing I believe they were hijacked or hacked. Don't go with mew for a while. They will update us on twitter.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:56:24 PM

This news are really shocking. But the problem is that this problem hapens too often for last period. Using Metamask is very interesting idea, but Metamask may be used with Chrome brouser only, no other browsers. But taking into consideration so much risks it really would be better to use Metamask and Chrome but not to be afraid of being hacked or to loose all coins from your MEW wallet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: