Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: MEW (myetherwallet) DNS is hijacked  (Read 233 times)
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:53:17 PM

Hopefully this kind of problem well be fix as soon as possible because almost viewers are worry to open this (mytherwallet) ,,although this kind of incident is not a new but the encountered but the trust of some viewers will be affected if well not fix already.

Relax guys MEW Problem is SOLVED
MEW is look back to normal, but keep safe and secure to your asset.
This information comes from the  official Twitter of MEW : https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/988836522974572544
However we must be carefull, SO PLEASE STAY SAFE and read/share this guide Pro-Tips: How Not to get Scammed & Phished : https://t.co/uBlsJ8IoNw i hope it will makes everyone happy and don't be panic. Cheesy
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

The problem has been fixed myetherwallet should make the website secured since have been to crypto this is the second time MEW will be under DNS attack. I might stop using MEW and stick with mycrypto
gabum19

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:20:08 PM

This is disgusting. They hit us again. They knew that coins are getting better at this moments they take advantage to others account. Hoping for the recovery of MEW. Lets be safe everyone. Goodluck.
Britainacoin

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:21:23 PM

The problem has been fixed myetherwallet should make the website secured since have been to crypto this is the second time MEW will be under DNS attack. I might stop using MEW and stick with mycrypto

this is a good news for MEW, but i still have a question about this problem, last week i checked MEW and saw some changes in site, SSL was not worked fine. the "INS" was not seen on the HTPPS and i did not login to the site, but i do not know why site's supports do not pay attention this error last week. support must check the site every moment to clients be sure about security.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

Thank you for warning us all. I also just found out if myetherwallet hit a problem like this. For those who have myetherwallet are kindly requested to be careful of your wallet. If necessary do not use myetherwallet for a while.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

This news really got me worried, because I always believe myetherwallet to be safe from such attacks as long as you don't go to a fake address but the DNS hack is one of many things that can go wrong.

xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:33:51 PM

I don’t worry about the strength of myetherwallet’s technology. They are the absolute leaders in this field of ERC20 wallet, and there are very few hackers who can beat them.

edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:35:49 PM

DAMN! Not only MEW but other wallets site were spoofed too.All those people's wallet who had username/password saved in cookies(and accessed the website) during the hack were compromised!  This is very serious!!

ISPs need to get some real routing security.I have seen most of the telecomms not following basic routing protocols.SICK! Just because they are lazy to implement and co=ordinate they are compromising their user's security.Today we saw it happening too.RIP.
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:44:49 AM

With this hack I would not be surprised if there were drop in prices, MEW is one of the most widely used ether wallets out there and a hack would most definitely put panic on the hearts of some people. Although MEW has shown that the fault for the hack really did not come from them they are obviously trying to do everything possible to make sure everything goes back in place
Yes, I hope to be able to recover very soon. Recently, the market has come to a good stage. It is really a pity that such a thing happened.
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:54:11 AM

always happen, again and again, i think i must buy a nano ledger for safe of my assets.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:50:53 AM

I know a friend who lost 15 ethereum due to this dns attack. Its funny that Myetherwallet.com is not taking responsibility for it. One has to wonder why people still use their wallet with all the failures of their system to safeguard and protect people's ethereum after all this while. This won't be the first time that Myetherwallet.com will be hacked.

isetter

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:03:36 AM

https://preview.ibb.co/fDzY1x/IMG_20180424_183029_522.jpg

❗️❗️❗️ Warning: MEW (myetherwallet) DNS is hijacked by hackers. Before official statements from MEW is not recommended to use. Use alternatives, for example MyCrypto. Share with colleagues!
wallet MEW has undergone a lot of hacker attacks, i think it does not guarantee the security of my property, i have switched to metamasked purse. It is very secure and secure. I think everyone should use it
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

just check the website connection right beside the website address if its secure your on the right website if its not then your not on the right website like alot of website say just bookmark the website to avoid getting phised, its even pinned on MEW.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: