Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How low can we go?  (Read 4088 times)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 07:28:42 AM

the price drop was not caused by miners ; it was caused by large sales of 5k to 10k, which suggests that early adopters have been cashing out.
not sure how long this can go on, but it cannot last indefinitely.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fastandfurious

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:38:11 AM

the price drop was not caused by miners ; it was caused by large sales of 5k to 10k, which suggests that early adopters have been cashing out.

Think again, I have a mining rig and sell pretty much everyday. We all together create 7200 bitcoin/day, thats a lot of dollars that are created per day compared to the exchange price of 12 dollars. More exactly 12 x 7200 =  86 400 dollars are "created" everyday. With that creation we MUST have dollar/fiat currency buyers, if not it will go down. Easy math.
fastandfurious

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:51:12 AM

At this pace it gives us a money creation per year that looks like this 365 x 7200 x 12 = 31 536 000 dollars

If you add this things:

*All the issues with Mt.gox, mybitcoin, wallets lost at exchanges, dwolla etc.
*Cost of heavy investments in rigs the last 1-2 months, they want to cash in as a first phase of their investment
*Early adopters that bought in not many months ago at a couple of cents to a dollar (returns of 1000-10000+ %)
*Early adopters that have bought in heavy (50 000 bitcoins or more) and have profits of 500 000 dollars + already

That tells me that 31 million dollars is just created by the mining/inflation in the next year (that will need USD buyers), plus the chance of the early adopters selling massive amounts of bitcoins and all the other things I mentioned (that will also need USD buyers). Just look at the market depth (that seems to miss USD buyers).

12 dollars is a very high price with all the information we have right now.
TrainDeluxe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:19:13 AM

The price of 12$ is still way too high for a bitcoin. The first big hype is cooling down and less $$ arrive at the market. Holding to BTCs and not selling is just plain stupid because it does not reverse the trend anway.

A price of 6-8$ is a fair deal and a matter to come!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:38:41 AM

Why would they? They will continue to put their orders in, and if miners continue to sell at outrageously low prices, traders will continue to buy. If all the miners secretly got together tomorrow and halted selling for 2 weeks the price would double. However this is a small market, and when you have thousands of people trying to make back thousands of dollars in equipment things will get ugly fast. The market is being flooded by cheap coins because of the new miners that have come into the game. Anyone who bought in with equipment should seriously consider holding on to their coins for at-least a couple of months, cause selling now doesn't help anyone including themselves...

I think the biggest problem is that you have a bunch of finance people literally praying on a bunch of nerds (I include myself thank you). They know how to manipulate this small market, and seriously work us to their advantage. The money that we trade on a daily basis is JOKE money to these people. You think your $10,000 is hot stuff? These people have millions... And they can easily manipulate us into making stupid decisions and giving up our Bitcoins for prices that are simply unacceptable! Just because your fiat reality has you under the ropes doesn't mean your Bitcoin reality needs to look the same way...

We are a community of IT professionals, and IT people are known for knowing "everything". It's time for everyone to start picking up some day trading books, and learn how trading markets work. I don't mean that in any detrimental way, but the facts are true. These *firms* are running huge games on us, and everyone seems to be following them like lost puppy's...
cool story bro  Cheesy
Anyone telling anybody anything less is LYING.

If you're a miner STOP SELLING YOUR COINS, they are more valuable than you think. Hold them or if you need to buy stuff buy it in Bitcoins. There is literally enough stores now where you can find almost anything you need in BITCOINS https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade.

Keep the money in the Bitcoin economy till at-least prices stabilize.

And start thinking about how to explain this to you (grand-)children one day when they ask: "Daddy, why did you sell bitcoin worth a small city back then just to be able to buy food for the year 2011?"

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:58:27 PM

And start thinking about how to explain this to you (grand-)children one day when they ask: "Daddy, why did you sell bitcoin worth a small city back then just to be able to buy food for the year 2011?"

That's one possible future.  The other (I think more probable) future is your grandchildren asking where bitcoin went, along with Flooz, Beanz, e-gold, Euros, and P2P currencies yet to be created.
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:17:05 PM

That's one possible future.  The other (I think more probable) future is your grandchildren asking where bitcoin went, along with Flooz, Beanz, e-gold, Euros, and P2P currencies yet to be created.
great, that you put the Euro on your list^^ but cant find the USD...

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 03:04:00 PM

Think again, I have a mining rig and sell pretty much everyday. We all together create 7200 bitcoin/day, thats a lot of dollars that are created per day compared to the exchange price of 12 dollars. More exactly 12 x 7200 =  86 400 dollars are "created" everyday. With that creation we MUST have dollar/fiat currency buyers, if not it will go down. Easy math.

+1

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm with the above in that I sell BTC as soon as I mine them. Basically as soon as I have 1 BTC, I throw it out to the market at whatever the current price is. That only makes sense, because as a person who's made an investment into the manufacture of a product, I have to sell in order to at least try and make back my investment.

As for the current price slide, I think you can see easily still how out of whack the order book and market depth are. There doesn't seem to be any real support until $10.25 or lower. So my guess is that we'll continue to see the price slide as miners continue to fill the current buy orders at ASK, while the 'investors' keep up their buy walls oping to turn a profit.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:25:05 PM

As for the current price slide, I think you can see easily still how out of whack the order book and market depth are. There doesn't seem to be any real support until $10.25 or lower. So my guess is that we'll continue to see the price slide as miners continue to fill the current buy orders at ASK, while the 'investors' keep up their buy walls oping to turn a profit.

I was also looking at the support all the way down to $10.25. All this shows is that market minipulation is in place and the manipulators are trying to keep the price from falling into the $10's, by mostly consolidating their bid wall at $11.00.

They are at their last strength here and have mostly given up, if we break their last defensive stand at $11, they will probably give in and not want to continue taking losses trying to shore up a market with mostly sellers and miners who just want to get return on their investment back.

I love watching the market minipulators take a pounding, they probably have lost tens of thousands of dollars trying to shore up the price of bitcoin.

You guys had your chances to get out when the price was much higher, continued investment in such a losing commodity was just plain stupid. HOw could you expect enough buyers out there to keep pace with all the new coins being mined and entered into the system.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:31:02 PM

11$ wall was a phony? now i dont know what to believe

Stan?! STAN?!?!
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:32:50 PM

wow that 11$ wall got owned! grrr....oh well Ill hold onto my coins @ 11.025, only 2$ worth HAHA...playin money =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:36:49 PM

Single digits here we come.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
hmblm1245

Activity: 628

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:37:42 PM

Single digits here we come.

Down the slide.
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:37:52 PM

selling in the high 12s looking ok now, but man i had a lot of trepidation with it

then again maybe it'll bounce back up, shits crazy
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:38:09 PM

yeah, it sucks for miners grr...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:38:26 PM

Yeah, too easy.

I am a big miner by most standards. I haven't sold any BTC since mid-June.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:39:56 PM

I guess it will be good...to buy tons of BTC when it gets really low and wait for the next 3 month bubble =P

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:44:45 PM

The mining juggernaut is actually running at unprecedented pace, so I doubt the plummeting ill stop soon. It seems that the price drop recently has go something to do with a new big player in the mining town.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:45:29 PM

There you go, folks...looks like inflation is destroying the purchasing power of bitcoins! Quick! Tell the media bitcoins are not deflationary!!
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:48:18 PM

The mining juggernaut is actually running at unprecedented pace, so I doubt the plummeting ill stop soon. It seems that the price drop recently has go something to do with a new big player in the mining town.

What do you mean new big player? Even with the low profit margins and plumeting price, there are still people setting up huge mining farms?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: