Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MetaMask safe since Myetherwallet DNS attack?  (Read 162 times)
goldenwikiD (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:59:17 PM

If Metamask is linked to MyEtherwallet, is it safe to open it in chrome tool bar? Is login safe at all? When does this hijack situation and possible thefts hope to be resolved?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
electrobit

Activity: 317
Merit: 81

Next to Full Member Rank.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 12:38:12 AM

I have heard Metamask can detect malware links, so it can be safe. Smiley
Anyway always check the web name when you are at MyEtherWallet.

The Bloqqe Foundation
Businesses Age based-on Blockchain Technology.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:24:58 AM

According to my understanding that metamask is clearly more secure than myetherwallet because when we will go to new websites and phishing indicated (fraud) usually metamask will prevent us to transact on the website.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:28:21 AM

If Metamask is linked to MyEtherwallet, is it safe to open it in chrome tool bar? Is login safe at all? When does this hijack situation and possible thefts hope to be resolved?

Installing metamask is very safe, it can detect phising site and it gives us warning. Some myether users had been hack because they log in their private keys on phising site. Always make sure that you log in https://www.myetherwallet.com/.

DON'T GET PHISHED, please! 🎣 Thank you! 🤗
1. BOOKMARK MYETHERWALLET.COM      2. INSTALL EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite

mustamin88

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:31:38 AM

I think MetaMask is a safe safe, where the user interface for managing identities on various sites and marking blockchain deals. Everyone can now install the MetaMask add-on in Chrome browser, Firefox, Opera, and Brave browser.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:01:51 AM

Yes it is. I'm using Metamask. and it's more secure and easy to use. it will warn you if you're entering a phishing site. and It's UI is friendly user. I 100% percent recommend Metamask. It's better to be safe and secure than sorry.

maxim000

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

I think as of now MetaMask is the only way to access the tokens lying in your MEW. Do not even enter your private keys by mistake on myetherwallet if you are getting the warning sign over there. You can follow the entire discussion on Reddit to know the current status and whether people have found alternate ways to access their tokens.
GayEddie

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:54:40 PM

Metamask should be safe. Unless if you use it and pair it with phishing dex.
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:02:45 PM

Metamask completely suits me. I use this extension for a long time.  I try to rarely go into the wallet of Metamask.  I'm looking at transactions Etherscan.io or Ethplorer.io.  Security is high.
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:07:48 PM

Yes, metamask id safe to use since myetherewallet is hacked. It also has same feature and potentials like myetherwallet. It is also safe, secure ad reliable.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 576

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:41:28 AM

Metamask is safe if you are using the right software. Be careful of those fake apps that are coming and was made just to get your funds if you are ignoring those warnings from those people who have been a victim of such apps. MEW was attacked but it's completely not associated with Metamask so you are using two different tools/apps. Like what GayEddie said, it is another way for you to become a victim if you linked your metamask to a fake dex which collects your info including your precious private keys.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████