Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEAR TRAP :)  (Read 14057 times)
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:37:42 PM

Trust me, I've been happy all the times since I started buying bitcoins in 2012.
Since bitcoin is deflationary in nature, I never worried about these "downtrends".

If you look at all-times bitcoin chart you will see that all "downtrends" became bear traps. And finally, you will not see even a single bull trap or real bubble which affected long term investor.

Yes you clearly worry so little that you open a topic titled "DONT WORRY ITS A BEAR TRAP DON'T SELL" almost every other day. Actually you're here on every slight crash.

Clearly you're not worried at all.

/sarcasm

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:40:50 PM

Trust me, I've been happy all the times since I started buying bitcoins in 2012.
Since bitcoin is deflationary in nature, I never worried about these "downtrends".

If you look at all-times bitcoin chart you will see that all "downtrends" became bear traps. And finally, you will not see even a single bull trap or real bubble which affected long term investor.

Yes you clearly worry so little that you open a topic titled "DONT WORRY ITS A BEAR TRAP DON'T SELL" almost every other day. Actually you're here on every slight crash.

/sarcasm

this doesn't mean he is worried, we all see how some people are starting to panic for no reason.

zeroday (OP)
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

/sarcasm

This way I'm just helping newbies to avoid being victims of speculator sharks like you.
Boxman90

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:48:26 PM

In reality you're just voicing your personal insecurities. Noobs will lose anyway, your 'cause' is not going to change it. Actually your posts are mostly completely useless.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
jjtech

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:56:12 PM

Dude, the more you talk the more bearish I get.. you're a scary representation of the bitcoin holders to me.

This is because you treat bitcoin as piece of shit just to buy/sell and get your fiat profit.

BTW, I gained bitcoins today and you will not see them on a market for a long time.

Exactly.
I didn't sell - although fell tempted to at ~$715 (bitstamp) - but thought that I won't add my hand to manipulation. I would have possible made over $1000 in the process but I don't regret it anyway. I just sit back and watch with patience. And try not to buy in into this frenzy. I see a lot of people treat btc more like some 'get-rich-quick' scheme to get more fiat. I'm not participating.
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:57:38 PM

In reality you're just voicing your personal insecurities. Noobs will lose anyway, your 'cause' is not going to change it. Actually your posts are mostly completely useless.

If you look at my posts during previous "crashes", you will see that I've always been right.
Those, who resisted their wish of panic-selling, thanked me for preserving their wealth.
Boxman90

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:58:00 PM

Exactly.
I didn't sell - although fell tempted to at ~$715 (bitstamp) - but thought that I won't add my hand to manipulation. I would have possible made over $1000 in the process but I don't regret it anyway. I just sit back and watch with patience. And try not to buy in into this frenzy. I see a lot of people treat btc more like some 'get-righ-quick' scheme to get more fiat. I'm not participating.

So why did you buy bitcoins then? To not get rich?

jjtech

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:02:06 PM

/sarcasm

This way I'm just helping newbies to avoid being victims of speculator sharks like you.

I do exactly the same thing since I am here. We need more calmness. If people hold on to their coins and/or spend it for goods there will be more stability. There is nothing wrong with speculation but if it's in the right proportion to the real market. In those types of situations it seems like 50% people are making panic based decisions or trying to make a quick buck at the expense of others. I will not participate.....
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:03:20 PM

Why not? But my wealth is denominated in bitcoins and precious metals.

I wish you to stay happy with your fiat USD/EUR, but for me it's not a kind of assets to stick with.

Boxman90

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:04:54 PM

I wish you to stay happy with your fiat USD/EUR, but for me it's not a kind of assets to stick with.

Did you just reveal that you have a circlejerk account?

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:07:50 PM

Exactly.
I didn't sell - although fell tempted to at ~$715 (bitstamp) - but thought that I won't add my hand to manipulation. I would have possible made over $1000 in the process but I don't regret it anyway. I just sit back and watch with patience. And try not to buy in into this frenzy. I see a lot of people treat btc more like some 'get-righ-quick' scheme to get more fiat. I'm not participating.

he said to not 'get-rich-quick' and not, that he doesn't want to be rich in the process at all.

zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:14:27 PM

Did you just reveal that you have a circlejerk account?

I suppose, your question was pointed to all of us, who doesn't participate in such a dirty games.
Boxman90

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:17:23 PM

I suppose, your question was pointed to all of us, who doesn't participate in such a dirty games.

It's not "dirty games", you knew what you signed up for when you started investing in BTC. Now don't cry that people are willing to take profit from the movements of the market. If you want to gamble by holding BTC (and never ever learning when to sell), that's totally fine with me.

jjtech

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

Exactly.

No. I don't mind if I get rich (whatever that means according to your standards) in the process, but this is not my motivation to get into bitcoin. To me BTC can be a revolution in money system, and help topple current crony capitalism. If there was a choice between being rich in the current system and being able to help topple current political/economical paradigm I chose the later. I'd rather be poor than live in this destructive, paranoid environment.
damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:22:44 PM

What a lot of angry holders also seem to be missing is that traders provide liquidity to the market. Without traders / market makers placing their limit orders, the price could have collapsed completely.
jjtech

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:23:44 PM

It's not "dirty games", you knew what you signed up for when you started investing in BTC. Now don't cry that people are willing to take profit from the movements of the market. If you want to gamble by holding BTC (and never ever learning when to sell), that's totally fine with me.

Depends who defines what's dirty. In my standards this kind of trades, where people buy and sell based on short term interest is exactly the reason of the trouble we now have. So to me it's dirty like a ping pong ejected from Obama's ass
jjtech

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:29:29 PM

What a lot of angry holders also seem to be missing is that traders provide liquidity to the market. Without traders / market makers placing their limit orders, the price could have collapsed completely.

I am not angry. And yes - this is true to some extent. It all depends on the proportion. I stated right here, few posts before that some amount of speculation can be healthy. The problem is that a/ it's too much of it it seems (judging on prices jumping from 600 up to 750 and back down to 380 again etc within an hour). Way too much panic reactions. b/ exchanges don't seem to be technically ready for this kind of activities c/ often times those rushes seem to be tied to some sort hacker attacks on exchanges. As a result you've got a super volatile commodity
This is the way I see it - I can be wrong of course.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:23:44 PM

damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:25:33 PM

I am not angry. And yes - this is true to some extent. It all depends on the proportion. I stated right here, few posts before that some amount of speculation can be healthy. The problem is that a/ it's too much of it it seems (judging on prices jumping from 600 up to 750 and back down to 380 again etc within an hour). Way too much panic reactions. b/ exchanges don't seem to be technically ready for this kind of activities c/ often times those rushes seem to be tied to some sort hacker attacks on exchanges. As a result you've got a super volatile commodity
This is the way I see it - I can be wrong of course.

I think it's the other way around, more traders are needed to even out these wild swings. A professional trader doesn't just dump all his coins in one swoop like we saw this morning, this is rookie behavior or a malfunctioning bot.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

The problem is that there are many n00b traders now with a lot of bitcoins in their possession. Once they see a million bucks in their account, they got ass whooped by their girlie to sell the shit. This is a phase we have to deal with. The 1000+ coins from last night are now shared with others instead of one n00b trader. But there are more of them and they will cash out because a million is still a million. So we need to thin that out before we have a stable coin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: