Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:56:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Senate Hearings Today  (Read 431 times)
Nikodemos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:10:12 AM

Did anyone else get the impression the guy running the hearing had no fucking idea what a bitcoin is and the chick from FinCen was like 3rd in command when they decided the HSBC and Wachovia could not be prosecuted for laundering drug money for the cartels and declared terrorists organizations hostile to US interests.  I wanted to vomit on the screen! 

Who the fuck do they think they are kidding, their only purpose is to insure the serious launders have no competition.

What a fucking joke to think they can "regulate" bitcoin.  Cheesy
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:15:46 AM

Its their work to try control everything  Wink

I believe the hearing was very positive for Bitcoin

Nikodemos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:24:56 AM

Its their work to try control everything  Wink

I believe the hearing was very positive for Bitcoin

I agree - it is their job to control and manage the opposition as best they can. 

The price of bitcoin today certainly supports your statement that the hearings were positive.

Nevertheless I find it to be one of the ultimate ironies in life that FinCen flat out refused to arrest admitted drug dealers and money launderers because they happened to work at the largest US financial institutions in the USA while at the same time allege they are committed to stopping money laundering.  BS - of the highest order.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: