Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 11:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit coins quickly on the rise!  (Read 561 times)
AntRenteria (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:11:44 AM

What can we do as a community and individuals to get the word about bitcoin out to the world?
Theres easy answers like Facebook, Twitter, social media sites. But I'm looking for a more innovative way...
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:18:44 AM

I don't remember the exact site, but one guy came out with a bitcoin tip paper wallet for restaurants.

You leave the paper wallet, if they don't transfer in 30 days it reverts back to your wallet.

If anyone wonders a proper tip is 15% to 20% of the bill here in the US, we aren't paid a living wage.

I'm going to see if I can find the site and I will do an edit...

Edit:

That was an easy search, here is the site: https://www.bctip.org/
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:27:46 AM

Don't worry bitcoin is already out in the world. It's just a matter of time till it becomes mainstream.
AntRenteria (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:22:30 PM

I don't remember the exact site, but one guy came out with a bitcoin tip paper wallet for restaurants.

You leave the paper wallet, if they don't transfer in 30 days it reverts back to your wallet.

If anyone wonders a proper tip is 15% to 20% of the bill here in the US, we aren't paid a living wage.

I'm going to see if I can find the site and I will do an edit...

Edit:

That was an easy search, here is the site: https://www.bctip.org/

Haven't heard of that before! That's definitely a great way to start integrating bitcoin into society all around (small businesses, corporate, etc)
Thanks for the info!!
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:30:10 PM

Be careful the crash we just witnessed last night generally doesn't look good to new investors.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:32:57 PM

Be careful the crash we just witnessed last night generally doesn't look good to new investors.

Well there was a meteoric rise and then a crash. It is the long run that counts anyway.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:44:26 PM

Spend some! Seriously there's no better way to get the word out than spending it. It grows the market so increases the value of your other coins. I tend to pay with bitcoin when I can and immediately rebuy what I spent. Means I'm not out of pocket (due to discounts more often than not actually better off) and contributing to the community. But other than that advertise that you accept bitcoins if you own a business or even for other services of yours.
     DONT ram it down peoples throats, its complicated and new and theres no better way than to put off the general public than hearing someone constantly go on and on about something especially been as they may not get the whole ideaology
TuringMachine1980

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:07:29 PM

You shouldn't play the game if you don't know the rules. It's a bigger issue there are no trustworthy exchanges these days.
AntRenteria (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

Don't worry bitcoin is already out in the world. It's just a matter of time till it becomes mainstream.

Although bitcoin is "already out in the world" there's always room for improvement and greater action. I would like to be one of the people who look back and say, "even though I'm not the president of the company. I know I did my part in helping the movement."
So as you are entitled to your own opinion, you are also entitled to be the man in the background. Mines idea of "out in the world" is quiet different than yours.
maczniak

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:30:18 PM

Bitstamp seems to be down now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: