Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss statement  (Read 1559 times)
baggage (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:33:39 AM

Kind of a dumb question here:

I thought I heard one of the twins mention "small case scenario,"   when talking about a 400b market cap.

So in other words do they mean "at least" 400b market cap.... with the possibility it could be even more?

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

i think they said "it could hit 400 billion." see here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2013/11/12/winklevoss-twins-say-bitcoin-market-to-hit-400b-urge-regulators-not-to-push-innovation-to-china/

it's a baseless point. i think that if anything they are just saying it to get people more excited. they mentioned no reasoning or market analysis to come up with that number... all they did was pull it out of thin air.

i could just as easily say "bitcoin could one day reach 1 trillion," and it wouldn't mean much if i didn't cite my reasons for why.
d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:28:04 AM

5% of gold's $8T total valuation.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:41:33 AM

i think they said "it could hit 400 billion." see here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2013/11/12/winklevoss-twins-say-bitcoin-market-to-hit-400b-urge-regulators-not-to-push-innovation-to-china/

it's a baseless point. i think that if anything they are just saying it to get people more excited. they mentioned no reasoning or market analysis to come up with that number... all they did was pull it out of thin air.

i could just as easily say "bitcoin could one day reach 1 trillion," and it wouldn't mean much if i didn't cite my reasons for why.

US: Hello, China. We like to make another loan.
China: No problem! How many bitcoins would you like to borrow?
US: What's the interest rate?
China: Zero! Just pay back the exact amount of bitcoins we loan you and you're golden.
US: Can we repay you in dollars?... Hello. Hello! Helloooooooo!

US: Hello, FBI. We would like to borrow only $1B of the money you have from DPR's old account, and we promise to pay it back with dollars after the trial.
FBI: No problem. We'll simply call Mt Gox, where we stored it for safekeeping, and have it transferred probably within 24 hours.
US: You guys are the bestest! Wait, what. Did you say Mt Gox?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: