Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 90 minutes and no confirms?  (Read 1383 times)
Online24o0n (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:33:59 AM

Is this normal now, I have not sent any btc in a while. I just sent some and after 90 minutes it still has no confirms, should i be worried, or is this normal at this point in time?

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:37:10 AM

This usually happens due to the fact that you may have forgotten to send the BTC with a miner's fee.

How much BTC did you transact?

applelover

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:39:10 AM

i also sent 4 bitcoins earlier today, with no transaction fee, and for 6 hours now there are no confirmations.  first time this has happened.

what is the recommended transaction fee?
Online24o0n (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:40:12 AM

it never asked me for a fee, sometimes it does, sometimes it dosent... i sent only 1 btc

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
randyshan

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:43:33 AM

I heard some people are complaining this. Maybe the network is too busy since crazy market flow?
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:46:28 AM

it never asked me for a fee, sometimes it does, sometimes it dosent... i sent only 1 btc

I recommend just waiting a few more hours.

I heard some people are complaining this. Maybe the network is too busy since crazy market flow?

I assume that's possible.

Online24o0n (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:51:22 AM

Ok, im just damned worried, its my only bitcoin, and i dont have much else, i need it for rent and whatnot..... i hope it goes through.

- Marcus Aurelius
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:52:28 AM

I'm sure it will, I have 2BTC in my name. But, I use Cold Storage generally.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:00:02 AM

I'm sure it will, I have 2BTC in my name. But, I use Cold Storage generally.

Hi Devin.  Havent seen you since coinchat.  Yea I'm seeing problems with the network today too - See Bitminter:

https://blockchain.info/address/19PkHafEN18mquJ9ChwZt5YEFoCdPP5vYB

I'm also waiting for a withdrawl from mt gox which i put in 12 or so hours ago.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

With this much traffic it is a good idea to add a little "tip" for the miners on top of the recommended fee.  The miners will appreciate it and put your transaction to the top of the queue.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Online24o0n (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:05:08 AM

Ok, ill keep it in mind, but i think once it goes through ill just put it back in my wallet and keep it there until i sell it, its freaking me out when its in limbo like this

- Marcus Aurelius
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:06:04 AM

With this much traffic it is a good idea to add a little "tip" for the miners on top of the recommended fee.  The miners will appreciate it and put your transaction to the top of the queue.

My services and wallets do not let me specify the trx fee.  Should I be utilizing something like armory or electrum instead of the standard android client?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:08:32 AM

I sent with bblockchain and I have the same problem. Normally the fee is added automatically but not this one. I am going to be waiting a few days for it to show up I think. :-(

more or less retired.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:10:43 AM

With this much traffic it is a good idea to add a little "tip" for the miners on top of the recommended fee.  The miners will appreciate it and put your transaction to the top of the queue.

My services and wallets do not let me specify the trx fee.  Should I be utilizing something like armory or electrum instead of the standard android client?
If your service does not allow you to add on a miners fee then dump it asap.  Get another wallet that allows that - most do.

Curious:  what wallet/service are you using that does not allow you to add on a fee?  What do you mean by "standard android client" - there are many android clients.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
GriTBitS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:12:07 AM

im going on 8 hours, but forgot i had my fee set at, .00000001  so who knows how much longer

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:25:51 AM

I've been waiting for 10+ hours... My tx fee was 0.0001

Should have been higher I guess - that's what that darn blockchain.info added automatically :/

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
lindatess

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:51:07 AM

I hope the network will be able to cope when bitcoin goes mainstream. I assume this will mean we will see something like 1 million (approaching fast) or 1 billion transactions a day.

http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

Blazey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

the most secure way it is to use blockchain or an third party wallet like multibit, electrum, which automatically addend a fee. i do not trust the default qt wallet somehow, as i have many problems with it, from not loading up, to long waiting synchronize for me when i use new computers after a while.
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:50:35 PM

The most secure way to store BTC is on a paper wallet (Cold Storage)

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:54:10 PM

I sent a small amount to cex and it taken 14 hours to get one confirm lol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: