Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:01:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any list of places in Istanbul that accepts Bitcoins ?  (Read 203 times)
achris (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

Iam visiting Istanbul for 10 days with my husband on vacation. Wanted to know if there are any list of places which accept bitcoins in Istanbul,
I saw these locations in istanbul that accept BTC for transactions ( http://coinmap.org/#/map/40.88652441/29.03411865/10 ) . Are they still using BTC .
I saw news that there was a travelbox / Bitcoin ATM in Ataturk airport. Is it still present ?

Any links would be helpful.
Thanks
ascakan

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:49:42 PM

Some of them are still on bussines but there should be more and more these days.

The airport ATM is not avaible anymore if you need to cash you have to use other methods as localbitcoin.com or some of Turkish traders which exchange coin to cash face to face ...
achris (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:43:37 AM

Some of them are still on bussines but there should be more and more these days.

The airport ATM is not avaible anymore if you need to cash you have to use other methods as localbitcoin.com or some of Turkish traders which exchange coin to cash face to face ...

Thanks for the reply. Iam still in the search for businesses which transact in bitcoin, If i am successful in finding any , I will post it here .Thanks.
vuslatgelir

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

-

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:58:07 PM
Merited by kaynakli (1)

beyler bu atatürkteki bitcoin atm si şehir efsanesine döndü, dolandırıcı çıkabilir bunlar, derler işte 8000 dolardan satıyorum diye, size de sanırsınız bayan kazıklamaz diye düşünürsünüz, dolandırılırsınız.
ameliearras

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:04:02 PM

Hi, have you found any places that accepted cryptocurrencies in Istanbul?

I am visiting in 8 days as part of a payments race, in which I have to pay only using crypto and if you could share your tips from when you were there it would be fabulous !
Thanks
achris (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:29:17 AM

Hi, have you found any places that accepted cryptocurrencies in Istanbul?

I am visiting in 8 days as part of a payments race, in which I have to pay only using crypto and if you could share your tips from when you were there it would be fabulous !
Thanks

1) Unfortunately , I didnt find any place that directly transact using BTC. Though i used egifter.com to get some of the coupons codes and used it in most places which accept coupons. Warning : Govt of Turkey has blocked egifter.com site. ( Some other sites are also blocked in turkey - Beware if you are overly relying on sites )
2) The kiosk in the Ataturk airport no longer exists.  Embarrassed
NakitCoins
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 6

NakitCoins.com ⭐ Instant Exchanger

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 08:34:48 AM

For future references you are able to exchange your cryptocurrency at Nakitcoins located in Gümüşsuyu across the street from the German consulate.

⚡️⚡️⚡ NakitCoins.com ⚡️ NO ACCOUNT ⚡️ INSTANT EXCHANGER ⚡ OTC ⚡⚡ ✅ BTC->XMR ✅ BTC->ZEC ✅ BTC->Bank Card ✅
- Instant CRYPTO Exchanger "Non-Custodial & Decentralized" High Privacy Guaranteed ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Crypto <-> Cash physical Exchanger Located in Istanbul / Ankara / Antalya / Izmir ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
achris (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:59:13 AM

For future references you are able to exchange your cryptocurrency at Nakitcoins located in Gümüşsuyu across the street from the German consulate.

Thanks for this information. I guess this came slightly late for me ! Sad
I hope this will be of use for someone in the future.

By the way, do you have BTC to TL conversions ? I see from your website that the conversion is from BTC to USD.
NakitCoins
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 02:33:19 PM

By the way, do you have BTC to TL conversions ? I see from your website that the conversion is from BTC to USD.

Trust me in Turkey you'd rather have USD instead of TL. Why you ask...well just today TL lost 0,1 TL on the Dollar and it is expected to lose more untill the elections. On April 24 2018 the dolar tl rate was 1 USD - 4,10 TL right now its 4,64 TL in just under a month Wink

⚡️⚡️⚡ NakitCoins.com ⚡️ NO ACCOUNT ⚡️ INSTANT EXCHANGER ⚡ OTC ⚡⚡ ✅ BTC->XMR ✅ BTC->ZEC ✅ BTC->Bank Card ✅
- Instant CRYPTO Exchanger "Non-Custodial & Decentralized" High Privacy Guaranteed ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Crypto <-> Cash physical Exchanger Located in Istanbul / Ankara / Antalya / Izmir ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
achris (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:15:35 PM

Trust me in Turkey you'd rather have USD instead of TL. Why you ask...well just today TL lost 0,1 TL on the Dollar and it is expected to lose more untill the elections. On April 24 2018 the dolar tl rate was 1 USD - 4,10 TL right now its 4,64 TL in just under a month Wink

I agree . While we were there last month ... it was hovering between 3.8 to 4.1 and the volatility was huge . I was wondering how much the money exchangers on sultan ahmet region were making out of this volatility  !!
NakitCoins
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 07:36:57 AM

Depending on if you exchange your FX during banking hours or not they can make quite a bit. Usually they make their profits off of their low buy and high sales prices which I might add change drastically after hours.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: