Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:13:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert BTC into FIAT after exchanges end relationship with the banks?  (Read 197 times)
AK47- (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:40:01 PM

I read online that there are companies like Payza which help you convert your BTC into FIAT, but I heard that there has been a crackdown on them by US government because of money laundering cases on them. My question is what is next after the exchanges stop functioning in India. Is there any case going on against RBI? How will we able to convert our Cryptos to Rupees? I am not in favor of localbitcoin because of trust issues. What other options do we have? Can we open a foreign bank account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

I read online that there are companies like Payza which help you convert your BTC into FIAT, but I heard that there has been a crackdown on them by US government because of money laundering cases on them. My question is what is next after the exchanges stop functioning in India. Is there any case going on against RBI? How will we able to convert our Cryptos to Rupees? I am not in favor of localbitcoin because of trust issues. What other options do we have? Can we open a foreign bank account?

It is not easy to open a foreign bank account. The best bet that you have is asking your friends / relatives abroad to help you out.
For small amounts, you can consider trading with somebody on this forum as well.
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:53:43 AM

Localbitcoins is a very safe option, what trust issue can there be?Look for a trusted trader and trade with him.I met a trader at localbitcoins and have been selling/buying bitcoins from him ever since.

Make sure the trader is verified, has an old account with good trust.P2P is the best way of trading bitcoins, you just have to be careful.There is risk in everything, you have to be smart enough to assess and eliminate those risks.
0RajA0

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:13:41 PM

Only possible think is peer to peer trading. i think localbitcoin is not bad at all. Find a good trader and a verified trader. Still if you feel not good then the option is face to face dealing. Find nearest peoples who are dealing with crypto and make trade with them. but can't get timely buyers and sellers.
redpillorblue

Activity: 30
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:20:17 AM

Option1: LocalBitcoins and similar P2P services
Option2: Have a bank account in foreign land (there are many options if you know where to look). These options are definitely costly but can give you a substantial leverage in many aspects.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:01:50 AM
Merited by tgboy (3)

Localbitcoins is a very safe option, what trust issue can there be?Look for a trusted trader and trade with him.I met a trader at localbitcoins and have been selling/buying bitcoins from him ever since.

Make sure the trader is verified, has an old account with good trust.P2P is the best way of trading bitcoins, you just have to be careful.There is risk in everything, you have to be smart enough to assess and eliminate those risks.
Localbitcoin is not very safe at all. There are lot of impostors who may block your own bitcoin. Generally buyers backs out from the deal in the very end (after your bitcoins are shifted to the escrow account), causing escrowed bitcoins remain there for considerable amount of time.
I'm not saying localbitcoin is a den of fraudsters. One just need to be very careful while cashing out the coins. If possible get face to face trade.
redpillorblue

Activity: 30
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:32:06 AM

Localbitcoin is not very safe at all. There are lot of impostors who may block your own bitcoin. Generally buyers backs out from the deal in the very end (after your bitcoins are shifted to the escrow account), causing escrowed bitcoins remain there for considerable amount of time.
I'm not saying localbitcoin is a den of fraudsters. One just need to be very careful while cashing out the coins. If possible get face to face trade.

Well, I never had such problems from LBTC. I think if you play by the rules (connecting only with people who have enough trust points and a record of successful transactions) and are cautious enough, it works out pretty well.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:07:41 AM

I am not in favor of localbitcoin because of trust issues...

LBC is a VERY safe option.
So is Localethereum (yeah its a thing)

It is not easy to open a foreign bank account...

On the contrary, getting a foreign bank account is very easy, if you're willing to travel.
You cannot open a proper bank account offshore by sitting at home. (unless the trick mentioned in the article below actually works)
You can open a regular foreign bank account in Georgia very easily, the time taken to process your application can range from half a day (or less) to 2 days at max and you also get an international visa / mastercard debit card.

And there's this trick you can try out; that I read about couple of days ago - I mean after all the RBI fiasco started happening : https://www.sovereignman.com/finance/a-simple-shortcut-for-a-foreign-bank-account-1384

I haven't tried it out yet but I'll give it a shot.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:44:14 PM

On the contrary, getting a foreign bank account is very easy, if you're willing to travel.
You cannot open a proper bank account offshore by sitting at home. (unless the trick mentioned in the article below actually works)
You can open a regular foreign bank account in Georgia very easily, the time taken to process your application can range from half a day (or less) to 2 days at max and you also get an international visa / mastercard debit card.

And there's this trick you can try out; that I read about couple of days ago - I mean after all the RBI fiasco started happening : https://www.sovereignman.com/finance/a-simple-shortcut-for-a-foreign-bank-account-1384

What about MoneyPolo?

AK47- (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:23:03 PM

~
That's an interesting find, I would definitely go through the link. Given the current turbulent market, I'm fearing the banks would not entertain any kind of withdrawals after 8 weeks. Localnitcoins is my best bet it seems after going through all the responses.
Once you'd be done with the bank account, please update here. Would love to hear your experience.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:34:09 PM

Traveling abroad is not everybody's cup of tea. Smiley
Plus the time when an offshore bank account was away from the prying eyes of governments is history.
http://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/common-reporting-standard/
reddyians

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 07:23:29 AM

its too early to worry about rbi, they are thieves themselves just hodl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: