Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help repairing a Asicminer Blade  (Read 2131 times)
Khoder (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:29:48 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 07:18:40 AM by Khoder

Hi guys,

I have a dilemma. I purchased on eBay 2 asicminer blades. I didn't open the packages right away and left them aside. My fault I know. Now a few weeks later I have opened
both packages and on one of the miners the Port that the network cable goes in was bent up. I tried to bend it back to where it is meant to be and the bloody thing just snapped off.

Now I have a board sitting here without a port for me to connect it to.

Ive racked my brain trying to find a solution for this dilemma but I cant find anything. I don't think my hands are steady enough for me to solder another one back on.

I was hoping maybe someone has had a similar problem and was able to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Second blade is mining away no probs at all. And I cant send it back to the person I bought it from. Its been 3 or so weeks.

Please help.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:53:47 AM

Hi guys,

I have a dilemma. I purchased on eBay 2 asicminer blades. I didn't open the packages right away and left them aside. My fault I know. Now a few weeks later I have opened
both packages and on one of the miners the Port that the network cable goes in was bent up. I tried to bend it back to where it is meant to be and the bloody thing just snapped off.

Now I have a board sitting here without a port for me to connect it to.

Ive racked my brain trying to find a solution for this dilemma but I cant find anything. I don't think my hands are steady enough for me to solder another one back on.

I was hoping maybe someone has had a similar problem and was able to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Send blade is mining away no probs at all. And I cant send it back to the person I bought it from. Its been 3 or so weeks.

Please help.

Can you post a photo of the damage? I may be possible to repair...

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Khoder (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:28:11 AM

Here are 2 images. 1 is a close up other is a bit further out. Youll see the RJ45 (I think thats what its called) port is ripped off.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t572/Khoder76/20131119_181726_zps190d62f8.jpg

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t572/Khoder76/20131119_181747_zps02507848.jpg

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:42:55 AM

Any PC shop that does laptop repairs will be able to fix that in seconds, it just needs a hot air soldering station.

DO NOT try to fix it with an ordinary soldering iron, it won't work.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:59:30 PM

theres a few options depending on your skill
1. take it to a PC repair shop
2. hot air gun (slightly risky if your not careful)
3. buy a back plate as it dosnt use the ports on that side of the board (v3 only option i think)
4 very very gently bend the pins down slighty on the eithernet port where its suppose to connect whith the board and clamp it in place with some G clamps (this is the quickest and easiest aslong as the point meet the right solder points it will work
5. RMA it or sell it to me for 0.5 Cheesy
also if your in the UK ill fix it for free is i get to mine with it for a week

Khoder (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:05:08 AM

vm1990

Thanks for your response. Shame I'm in Australia. Smiley If I was in the UK I wouldve preffered to getting it fixed by you and then letting you mine with it for a week. Smiley

I think I will have to find a PC repair shop that has a Hot air soldering station. I did try to very gently bend down the pins but I snapped one.
I think if I dont find a solution in the next week I may auction it off on here. A few tenths of a bitcoin is better than nothing.

Will keep yas updated.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:48:41 PM

vm1990

Thanks for your response. Shame I'm in Australia. Smiley If I was in the UK I wouldve preffered to getting it fixed by you and then letting you mine with it for a week. Smiley

I think I will have to find a PC repair shop that has a Hot air soldering station. I did try to very gently bend down the pins but I snapped one.
I think if I dont find a solution in the next week I may auction it off on here. A few tenths of a bitcoin is better than nothing.

Will keep yas updated.

if you do decide to sell it id be more than happy to bid on it Cheesy its a shame i really want one to
im pretty convinced if you have the right soldering iron attachments and a very very steady hand you could solder it back on but it is very hard work (i have burnt myself many time with a soldering iron to prove this)

also the eithernet jacks are pretty easy to pick up and most are standard they cost around £1 in the UK at most

rekweam

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:03:36 AM

Im located in Sydney Australia. One of my blades appears to have a tiny tiny scorch mark on something marked C283. Any idea what the chip is and where i can get one?

hoping i can get it replace by Jones Gear but if not need to get this bad boy fixed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: