Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: should i copy the ID & PW on a paper?  (Read 525 times)
arion6868 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:27:33 PM

nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:37:28 PM

what ID & PW? if you mean in general, it's unwise to write down any sort of password since anyone could find it.
one way is that you could use some type of pattern in your passwords, just an example that isn't great would be using a password like:
bitcointalk_blabla_123
of course you need to add another element to it, otherwise if someone found out your pasword they'd be able to log in to all your accounts.

there's also password manager software you can use.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:51:43 PM

You might want to start using some password manager such as keepass.info which is open source. You enter your passwords and can spread this software across multiple USB and CD drives as here you are responsible for keeping them safe and secure. So you have to prepare if one device fails you. Don't use password managers that are online and that connect all your data on their servers, this might be convenient but it's not secure as data is stored on their servers.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 10:53:46 PM

nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

What ID and password do you mean? the most important of a wallet is a private key. You can lose all your bitcoin access but if you have a private key you can login anytime. save private key in email or draft / sent email. manipulation is all email and you can check again sometime if you want to open it again. make sure the new email is created on a secure device and you do not use the email for other purposes.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:04:13 PM

How about using the old and traditional excel spreadsheet to write down everything and have multiple back up of it? Don't back up using emails though, because if you get hacked, most likely all your account is compromised. Don't back it up online, USB is a good option to back up.

I would also suggest that you write down it down if you are too paranoid to save in somewhere online or even back it up on a USB drive or any device. Again, you need to keep multiple backups and also put it somewhere secure so that no one can get to your notes.

And don't be this guys: https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-investor-reportedly-hacked-for-2-mln-on-live-stream-internet-calls-foul

He back it op in on Evernote, and the hacker was able to get his email password and the rest is history and millions worth of money is gone.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:12:55 PM

what ID & PW? if you mean in general, it's unwise to write down any sort of password since anyone could find it.
one way is that you could use some type of pattern in your passwords, just an example that isn't great would be using a password like:
bitcointalk_blabla_123
of course you need to add another element to it, otherwise if someone found out your pasword they'd be able to log in to all your accounts.

this is a good start above. but some websites store passwords in cleartext. so if you went to a phishing site of your email providor and used
myemail_blah_123
they can then get into your email. find out who your bank is with and then realise that your banks password might be
mybank_blah_123

instead have the easy reminder for your brain.. but then HASH the reminder before using on the website
so when you set your password for your email you use the hash
255a702d1e3df60f4a0db118c4ecf77f
now a phishing site wont know that your brain can easily remember how it got to that hash. nor can it work out instantly what your other passwords will be, because they are unique to each site

for instance
myemail_blah_123: 255a702d1e3df60f4a0db118c4ecf77f
mybank_blah_123 : 68a6eca313bd2d3fb147e958fcc32b07
myebay_blah_123 : f44c5b0991d8913ad2ac0f338698ae0d

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:47:13 AM

lol same with me. i already have so many account on exchanges and i wont remember it one by one unless my password for all are same.
i keep the list of my account and password in the note on pc. you can use notepad for the simplest one. save it on your pc and backup it on other place(s).

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:59:31 AM

Start using a reputable password-managing program like 1Password or LastPass etc. The difference is night and day. It will save you a lot of time. I couldn't recommend them highly enough  Wink
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:05:33 AM

I use an SSD card for storage, but the information is needed, if you use a removable room, you can protect it from all the risks if your computer or laptop when hack. Or you can store on the GG diver, and you can install advanced security, so it's safe for hackers.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:34:20 AM

if you are talking about all the ID and passwords that you use then you should know that there are different security levels for each of them. for example the email that I use to sign up in places where aren't important like reddit account,... (more like throwaway email which is filled with junk) is not important. the password for it is something like 123 and it is stored in my browser.

but the password to my encrypted bitcoin wallet is a strong 15+ random letters and symbols which I have written on a piece of paper.
and there is everything else in between. there are lots of ways to store them too. for example one of the popular methods is using password managers. these applications can even generate random secure passwords which are strong and then store it for you (encrypted).

Only Bitcoin
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:15:58 AM

bitcointalk_blabla_123

there's also password manager software you can use.

thank you so much for your reply.
yes i'm talking about the mean in general, and your suggestion is kinda helpful for me, but there's still a thing that by time goes, i might forget what website address i should login the check or update myself, but i will combine the suggestion by others too. very appreciate your comment, thank you.
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:20:37 AM

You might want to start using some password manager such as keepass.info which is open source. You enter your passwords and can spread this software across multiple USB and CD drives as here you are responsible for keeping them safe and secure. So you have to prepare if one device fails you. Don't use password managers that are online and that connect all your data on their servers, this might be convenient but it's not secure as data is stored on their servers.

erm.. this is kinda new things for me, the PW manager(keepass) is an open source that i shall keep in another lappy or tabs that no connecting any internet? i dont really get it, later on would try to search some info through internet, cause i actually not understand how a source that managed by third party is safe for us to keep our PW and ETC. haha.. sorry i'm kinda noob about computer  Grin
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:31:07 AM

What ID and password do you mean? the most important of a wallet is a private key. You can lose all your bitcoin access but if you have a private key you can login anytime. save private key in email or draft / sent email. manipulation is all email and you can check again sometime if you want to open it again. make sure the new email is created on a secure device and you do not use the email for other purposes.

thank you so much for your reply. i mean all my login IDs and PW for the IDs too, upon your suggestion, i have a question, isnt that is not safe if we make it as a draft in our email? cause im quite noob in this computer knowledge field, i heard my friends said that if we store every thing need higher security in our email is not safe, because email is a very simply media to be hacked by hackers, and they could read everything from our email and we might lost valuable if we do so, but still ok, i dont mind to spend some time to do research and try understand best of your suggestion
i registered a lot of login IDs from a lot of website for so many years(i mean multiple website of ID), now the main problem is i cant remember the 1. website address 2. login ID for the website 3. even i could find out the website and login ID, i cant remember what PW i use for that *face palm*  Undecided
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

you should save on your computer. i copy my id and password then lock by double password
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:34:09 AM

How about using the old and traditional excel spreadsheet to write down everything and have multiple back up of it? Don't back up using emails though, because if you get hacked, most likely all your account is compromised. Don't back it up online, USB is a good option to back up.

I would also suggest that you write down it down if you are too paranoid to save in somewhere online or even back it up on a USB drive or any device. Again, you need to keep multiple backups and also put it somewhere secure so that no one can get to your notes.

And don't be this guys: https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-investor-reportedly-hacked-for-2-mln-on-live-stream-internet-calls-foul

He back it op in on Evernote, and the hacker was able to get his email password and the rest is history and millions worth of money is gone.

thank you so much for you reply, i get this very very clear, and also read the link you attached, that's a sad case.. lol
i will be very careful for this.. haha
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:37:26 AM

bitcointalk_blabla_123

this is a good start above. but some websites store passwords in cleartext. so if you went to a phishing site of your email providor and used
myemail_blah_123
they can then get into your email. find out who your bank is with and then realise that your banks password might be
mybank_blah_123

instead have the easy reminder for your brain.. but then HASH the reminder before using on the website
now a phishing site wont know that your brain can easily remember how it got to that hash. nor can it work out instantly what your other passwords will be, because they are unique to each site

for instance

thank you for your reply, this hash is good, higher security for the PW, thanks a lot
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:40:15 AM

thank you guys a lot, i got inspired, now i could combine up the ideas of you guys for me to keep my IDs and PWs, and for new member who is reading my post and you have any new idea you are welcome to leave your reply here.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:55:45 AM

Start using a reputable password-managing program like 1Password or LastPass etc. The difference is night and day. It will save you a lot of time. I couldn't recommend them highly enough  Wink
yes, I agree with you, using a password storage wallet like 1password that can save encrypted passwords and use a master password to access them.

then you can also write a password in a book or your personal document, and you can also use a password formula. the example you can take some name from your domain name. or you can use a unique name.

Evangeline2

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:05:14 AM

This is a clever way to ensure that your encryption is not lost or stolen. Good decision.

bellakrstna

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:47:25 PM

Copy your id and your password on a paper is a good thing. But if you copy on a paper, losing it can probably happen. It is better if you copy it on the note too. It can be on your laptop, your handphone, or any gadget. But you must save it safely.
cryptotenoy

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:57:38 PM

For me its never wrong having a hard copy on our addresses and private key of course.Yes we do have different way to access our wallet but its ideal to have soft copy and hard copy as well.In this way we can have back up  if in case we lost our phone,drives or wherever we save it.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:59:56 PM

What do you mean by ID & PW? it is your username or password? if i'm correct just print it out and keep that in safe way in your house or if you have vaults then keep that as your precious one.Nowadays hacker are pretty smart they can lure you if you are careless when it comes transaction over the internet.Same as private keys, if you have a lot of bitcoin just use paper wallet and store your bitcoin then.Make a hard copy then keep that as you care for it.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:09:36 PM

Yes, it is always a wise idea to take backup of security credentials and storing it at a secure location. This will help your family members to recover funds or any information in your absence or inability to perform that action. You can also mention about these rights in your will document.

I am using the premium version of one popular cloud-based software manager to store my Security credentials. However, you can always use paper if you are sure about the security after writing your credentials on the same.
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:18:42 PM

Actually you can deal with your own problem because there's a term called "obvious". The practice of savings login and private credentials is a common and must thing to do even back when cryptos are not yet born.

If we like to saved our login credentials, we have lots of options that will popped out on our mind automatically and Im sure you think of that. It's just that you don't have the habit of doing so that's why you lost some on the way. Why in the first place we will not saved it if that is really important.

I will not suggest anything as you already know what to do. Like you said you are serious on that matter so definitely you can choose your preferred way automatically rather than reading random suggestions here.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
yudi31

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

I think copying ID & PW on paper also works because when we forget ID we still have data on paper so we will not lose ID & PW
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

i think thats was a great idea after all, to not forgeting your id and your wallet on the paper
but i think the right is you can burn your data into cd to prevent some hack or any kind matter and cheap ofcourse

crqn

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

bitcointalk_blabla_123

myemail_blah_123
mybank_blah_123

for instance
---------------------------------------------------------------
Using this hash password is a better idea on how to secure your account. Thank you for the great comment.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:40:10 PM

First thing never store your coins on any exchanges or web wallets as they are prone to hacks and phishers. You need to learn from the mistakes of so many people and not try to repeat it. Although if you are still doing it than you are on your own. Also it would be safe to copy the user name and password on a paper.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

i don't think it will be a very good idea use password managing apps if you have a lot of passwords and addresses and if you write it down in paper it has a possibility to get lost or seen by others which is not good
seafoodgirl

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:15:29 AM

In my case, I have a lot of user account in my laptop even though I'm the only one whose using it. I have separate user account with password for my bitcoin account and I hide it well, I also keep it in different removable device. I don't write it in paper.
irfandi hasan

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:59:20 AM

your advice is right, I also use 1Password it. It really helps keep my password and very reliable
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:57:38 AM

Did you successful retrieve your old bitcoin wallet back to your possession ?
You dont have to write it on paper. just make a file of it on your pc or your phone or other your own devices.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:43:33 AM

yes, but it's better if you copy on a note. because if you copy on a paper, the paper will be gone.
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:53:40 AM

Although no method is ever truly 100% safe for storage of your currency, but I'd say using paper might be the safest and it doesn't cost anything.
diickydbo

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

It's ok if you want to copy your password and wallet ID to a notepad or paper though. It is to keep watch if we forget our password or ID. I also copied all the passwords and IDs associated with bitcoin into notepad or note apps on my phone and computer.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

yes you should. but make sure to put inside a steel wall safe.
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:40:34 AM

It is very well safer to write down your password on paper because when you save your ID and password on computer it can crash anytime, and you can save the password written on paper into your save box
Roadarks02

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:01:39 AM

yes, but it's better if you copy on a note. because if you copy on a paper, the paper will be gone.

Yes you can copy it on a paper and hide it properly so it won't be lost. However, it is safe if you copy it in most secure storage or either copy it in your phones note or in a flash drive so that it won't be lost. Also a Back up one would be better in case something happens.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:13:38 AM

Saving your important passwords and private keys are good. But then you will need a powerful safe to store them in so as not to lose them due to flooding or fire outbreaks. Do what I do. Open a fresh email account. Then save your passwords and important private key and documents in the drafts of the email. Ensure you don't use this email for any website. Don't use it for sign ups anywhere to reduce the chances of it getting hacked. You should be fine.

Jundel2018

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:40:28 AM

Yes, if you want to, you want to copy your ID password and paper. It will certainly give us the advantage. We will be able to use it when we forget our password id and paper wallet. But in this case we have to save our password ID secretly. This is certainly an intellectual job.

Yes you can save it in the paper but it is that safe. If you want to secure your ID and password you have it to the most secure one though the notes in the phone and a flash drive is ok.
Bughah

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:36:01 AM

Yes, if you want to, you want to copy your ID password and paper. It will certainly give us the advantage. We will be able to use it when we forget our password id and paper wallet. But in this case we have to save our password ID secretly. This is certainly an intellectual job.

Yes you can save it in the paper but it is that safe. If you want to secure your ID and password you have it to the most secure one though the notes in the phone and a flash drive is ok.

If  you save your ID and password in the paper there is a tendency that it might be lost. Why don't you just save your password and ID in the most secure one.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:49:31 AM

Yes but if it is safe with you and store it in a safe place. I recomend you to have your passwords carefully. However, you haven't mentioned whether it is a wallet password or a normal id and password, what ever me the reason, writing you password in a paper is good as far as the paper is kept safely.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:36:58 AM

I do organize my account details in a simple excel work book and encrypt it and backed up from a personal usb. I suggest that you store yours in any form that you can easily access too and would be secure enough for you to not lost it and be not accessible to others.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 07:13:43 AM

I suggest that you should use a file encrypter if you want it to save in your computer drive then if want to write in paper or what
password and usernames
then write it except for password write the password hint not the plain password.

in encryption of file there is a sort of key to be able to decrypt the file in that way you can protect your data from external factors.

sd
riuzfairus

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:18:15 AM

If you want to copy your ID and PW it's a good thing, because if you do not remember ID and PW one day you'll need the paper you wrote.
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:30:47 AM

I think it's perfectly safe if you write your password and id on paper, because if your computer or laptop is damaged and you forget your password and ID you will not panic because you've written on paper and kept it in a safe place but it is easy to remember.
Ajeng07

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:52:51 AM

You can save it on a usb or hard disk, I think it's more secure, and can be opened at any time if you forget, you can also write your ID and Password in the book important note you, because by saving your important notes in the book that's very safe.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:01:23 AM

you actually can, but keep it safe
Ptrck

Activity: 391

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:07:41 AM

That's the precious thing we shouldn't lost of. If I were you, take patience to print it out and keep it into something you'll always remember. Anyways, some browser can help you save your password or keep you logged-in but its quite risky at some instance.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

I have written all mine in paper,and i put it all together with my legal documents and my last will and testament so if ever comes in my unexpected death or accidental all my assets o funds here will surely comes to my family,thats how i secure my things here
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:39:09 PM

Copying or writing down ID and password of your wallet is not a bad idea.
but keep in mind that you must store it in the safe place. otherwise, your paper will be lost easily.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:15:52 PM

Saving your important passwords and private keys are good. But then you will need a powerful safe to store them in so as not to lose them due to flooding or fire outbreaks. Do what I do. Open a fresh email account. Then save your passwords and important private key and documents in the drafts of the email. Ensure you don't use this email for any website. Don't use it for sign ups anywhere to reduce the chances of it getting hacked. You should be fine.
Oh well, it's much better to take time to write it up and save it in your filing records, instead of doing this, since you are saving important information
then better to make it more secure, having it save inside your email is not a good idea, hackers are just around and they can do everything to hack
even the safest email that we have, so instead of doing that better to take time and do it manually and if possible you can ask some assistance from
your love ones and together you can save it safer place.
german1080

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

It is always advisable to print all IDs and passwords on paper, make several copies and save in different places to be more secure
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:30:13 PM

It's your choice,but if you want to save private key wallet don't write on paper. Everyone know it's too long,don't do useless thing.

metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

yes, I think that's the best way to manually write a Private Key from a bitcoin account or something else, only if you feel it's important, rather than regrets later when you lose the softcopy of all those accounts

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
gdcoin273

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

Write them down to save them. At the same time, when you put the keywords can use only you know. You can add a nonsense keyword to your keyword. Make sure you remember that distinctive feature. Good luck
engwenqu01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:40:12 AM

Of course you can write him on paper, but how long can you keep a piece of paper? This method is still not safe enough. I feel that it is safer and more convenient to use password encryption on the hard disk.
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:23:25 AM

i keep all my passwords on secured usb flash, also created a file with password in it
And keep it in my closet, or near PC, not in my usb drive
lajigly

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:10:32 PM

Not safe. The best way to do this is to save it yourself, save it for a long period of time, and make multiple backups. This is the safest way.
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:02:24 PM

Not safe. The best way to do this is to save it yourself, save it for a long period of time, and make multiple backups. This is the safest way.
thank you so much for leaving me an idea to save it, i had anxiously disquiet about this, at first im quite clumsy, so hope to seek a better solution to solve my problem, i had lost once my first bitcoin wallet which is registered at 2010
Gloryobinna

Activity: 64

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:05:05 PM

Best way to save passwords is by encrypting your email...  I am still learning the process and ropes of it,  but you can google it, test run and then see how it goes...  Even if someone sees it, they wont even understand anything.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token ] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
nakamura12

Activity: 2254
Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:26:27 AM

You can save all your information on a device which you only use for storing something very important like ID/USER, Password and more if you have one. If you did start typing your passwords, emails, user id in the NOTEPAD if you have a computer which is for storing files only and no internet connection. If not, just write it in a paper and also make a back-up with your files like KEYSTORE/JSON file and encrypt your file.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:54:46 AM

should i copy the ID & PW on a paper?
If you mean logins and password for various websites it depends. There is several tactics for that.
Some use password managers, you encrypt all other passwords and logins with one password so they can be even random, you need to remember only one.
Some use different passwords for important websites, and some one general password for less important websites. You minimize things to remember here.
Writing login/pass on paper also could work, thats why paper wallet was created for bitcoin, but it demand physical security then.
YGRJ

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:23:48 AM

yes,
i keep my password in a small notebook and lock in safe
and i also save them in 1password

iLink2Music.co     ●     PRE-ICO LIVE     ●     J O I N   U S
|   THE POWER TO SHARE & CONNECT GLOBAL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT   |
arion6868 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

yes,
i keep my password in a small notebook and lock in safe
and i also save them in 1password

the most traditional way n i think this is quite suite me buddy, i prefer 1 type of pw to all too, instead, only the disadvantage is all acc will gone in once  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: