Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:22:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA made Bitcoin?  (Read 3899 times)
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:33:11 PM

Here's what I think... BitCoin was made by the NSA to crack codes.

All of the private keys that were easy have already been cracked.  Now we are cracking harder ones, and thus they are becoming more valuable.

It is a free market solution to help them snoop on tougher and tougher encrypted things.

Of course, I could be wrong, or it could just be the paint thinner talking.  But wouldn't that be awesome?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:59:53 PM

All of the private keys that were easy have already been cracked.  Now we are cracking harder ones, and thus they are becoming more valuable.

It is a free market solution to help them snoop on tougher and tougher encrypted things.

Of course, I could be wrong, or it could just be the paint thinner talking.  But wouldn't that be awesome?

Similar ideas have been proposed before.

If anyone saw the show Stargate Universe, remember they used crowd-sourced brainpower to solve algorithms. Same idea.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:10:52 PM

If anyone saw the show Stargate Universe, remember they used crowd-sourced brainpower to solve algorithms. Same idea.

Stargate Universe?  Really?

wow you must have gotten the brand name paint thinner.  I've just been drinking this home depot brand bullshit.

-Warren Buffett
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:12:55 PM

wow you must have gotten the brand name paint thinner.  I've just been drinking this home depot brand bullshit.

Yes, that's it, pointing to a storyline which used crowd-sourced crypto and brainpower to provide solutions is really out there.

No bottom shelf thinner here my boy, just top shelf.

Roll Eyes

cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-2

This hash function was made by the NSA

It could be easily true.All you need to control people is to make them believe that they are safe.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:05:33 PM

How to Make a Mint:
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

1996 article by the NSA Cryptology Division

At the time of this article all of these concepts were already well known outside of the intelligence community, this is not some relevatory smoking gun.

There is no mention of any technological concepts in the article that were not already obvious in 1996 and there is not even a trace of the technological innovation that Bitcoin introduced to this conceptual framework (the blockchain and proof-of-work).
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:08:24 PM

This entire premise is based on such an absurd misunderstanding of mining that I'd never imagined was even possible.
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:28:31 PM

This entire premise is based on such an absurd misunderstanding of mining that I'd never imagined was even possible.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:38:45 PM

I find your lack of faith disturbing, Captain Needa.

-Warren Buffett
bitcoinminer

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:39:46 PM

Yes, that's it, pointing to a storyline which used crowd-sourced crypto and brainpower to provide solutions is really out there.

No bottom shelf thinner here my boy, just top shelf.

Roll Eyes

It was just a little too much nerd even for me.  I mean, MacGuyver stargate, fine, but Stargate UNIVERSE?

-Warren Buffett
Samoshi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

No. The NSA has not created bitcoin.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:43:58 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 07:54:32 PM by Gator-hex

Nice image of a Rainbow Table! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_table Tongue

Bitcoin founders did meet the NSA (I'm pretty sure they said it in a YouTube video) and the NSA does fund startups.

I suspect $atoshi's will be the new world order dollars.

indianplayers

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:48:34 PM

Oh great so now they are watching my coins.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:48:52 PM

Miners only hash. Hashing is useless to "crack private keys". Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. Roll Eyes

Satoshi Nakamoto is an anagram for

I AM NSA TOOK OATHS

And that's all the evidence you'll ever need and get...
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:51:39 PM

This is the Internet. We pioneer new lows for humanity every day.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

If the NSA created it, it is likely because it puts all transactions on the public ledger so everything can be tracked and moves the world towards electronic money where the powers-that-be can deduct taxes at-will.

You can read more about this plan from Larry Summers and Paul Krugman here (even Bernanke is supporting this plan in comments yesterday):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323988.msg3626642#msg3626642

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/19/congressional-hearings-on-bitcoin/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331325.msg3632396#msg3632396

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3041.msg3631376#msg3631376

Note Bitcoin can be taken over by the government quite easily in numerous different ways. You can review my past week of posts to find out how, e.g. Transactions Withholding Attack, etc...

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Evolvex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:36:40 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-2

This hash function was made by the NSA

Congrats on this amazing discovery

Bram Cohen = created BitTorrent, wonder if his friends made BitCoin

I've considered that also, infact I think I'd favor them if I was had to pick "who dun it" (I'm refering to the cypherpunks, as believe he was one?).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: