Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:38:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antrouter R1-LTC mining over wifi  (Read 201 times)
DoriangrayTW (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 61

Scrypt is the way!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:41:35 AM

Hello,

Im using the antrouter R1-LTC, and its working fine. But, i want to be able to mine over wifi ( doesnt matter if i lose the routing capabilities. Basically, instead of connecting to the net using the ethernet cable, I want to be able to connect to a wifi net, and mine over it.

Does anyone knows hw to acomplish this?

Regards,

LTC: LdDKsDzazCN627QZMPDJzeqXfK2LRgd2cL
LCP: XZBt8Rukh1C1TbyAqMF1VfVT3oC94SWr9S
EMD: EuHpacwdDz33XmmZMMrFiDkkifVpDkgZsA
Cooper54

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:06:31 AM

Hello,

Im using the antrouter R1-LTC, and its working fine. But, i want to be able to mine over wifi ( doesnt matter if i lose the routing capabilities. Basically, instead of connecting to the net using the ethernet cable, I want to be able to connect to a wifi net, and mine over it.

Does anyone knows hw to acomplish this?

Regards,

It is designed to mine over the Ethernet cable and broadcast a WiFi signal. Unfortunately that is the only way that it works. I have mine setup as a range extender. Basically ran the Ethernet cable to an area in my home where my WiFi was weak and set the Ant-router up there. Hope this helps.
DoriangrayTW (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 61

Scrypt is the way!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:24:36 AM

It is designed to mine over the Ethernet cable and broadcast a WiFi signal. Unfortunately that is the only way that it works. I have mine setup as a range extender. Basically ran the Ethernet cable to an area in my home where my WiFi was weak and set the Ant-router up there. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer.

LTC: LdDKsDzazCN627QZMPDJzeqXfK2LRgd2cL
LCP: XZBt8Rukh1C1TbyAqMF1VfVT3oC94SWr9S
EMD: EuHpacwdDz33XmmZMMrFiDkkifVpDkgZsA
peetee

Activity: 19
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:30:59 AM

It is, in fact, possible to mine over wifi. I picked one of these little guys up yesterday and all it takes is just a little configuration to get it to do what you want.

Under the hood this thing runs OpenWRT, and there are lots of walkthroughs online for connecting to wifi networks as a client. The basic gist is to
use the GUI to scan for existing wifi networks, and click "Join". This will create a new WWAN network. You want this to be in the WAN firewall zone. (These routers have two zones, LAN and WAN, which govern how traffic flows and gets NATted.) Then you want to disable the existing WAN interface, which defaults to the physical port eth1. Last, modify the LAN interface to bind to eth0 and set up DHCP.

Back up your configuration before starting Smiley Also note that once you commit these changes, if you did it incorrectly you may wind up cutting yourself off from all access.

If you run into any issues I can try to help.
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:17:52 AM

It is, in fact, possible to mine over wifi. I picked one of these little guys up yesterday and all it takes is just a little configuration to get it to do what you want.

Under the hood this thing runs OpenWRT, and there are lots of walkthroughs online for connecting to wifi networks as a client. The basic gist is to
use the GUI to scan for existing wifi networks, and click "Join". This will create a new WWAN network. You want this to be in the WAN firewall zone. (These routers have two zones, LAN and WAN, which govern how traffic flows and gets NATted.) Then you want to disable the existing WAN interface, which defaults to the physical port eth1. Last, modify the LAN interface to bind to eth0 and set up DHCP.

Back up your configuration before starting Smiley Also note that once you commit these changes, if you did it incorrectly you may wind up cutting yourself off from all access.

If you run into any issues I can try to help.

I've got it successfully mining over WiFi with no Ethernet connected - However, I'm hoping to configure it to share the internet connection through the Ethernet port to another device. What are the steps to do this?
jstnryan

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 03:57:29 PM

I've got it successfully mining over WiFi with no Ethernet connected - However, I'm hoping to configure it to share the internet connection through the Ethernet port to another device. What are the steps to do this?

You need to bridge the LAN and wireless interfaces. It's been a while, so I'm sure I don't remember exactly, but I believe if you already have wireless connecting to your network successfully, you simply need to go to the 'Network' tab  then 'Interfaces'. Find 'LAN' and click the 'Edit' button. In the 'Physical Settings' tab, click "Bridge Interfaces", then in "Interface" Make sure your ethernet (probably "ETH0") and Wireless ("WLAN01" probably) are selected.

cruzbit (https://cruzb.it) - Developer friendly ledger implementation. Play Hash Roulette (https://hashroulette.com)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: