Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 11:54:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aggressive buying and selling?  (Read 873 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:12:49 AM

I've noticed this behaviour for quite a while now. People either buy in aggressively or cash out almost like it's crashing:

So the gap between bids and asks gets really big sometimes making the price jump up and down dramatically.
I have not noticed something like that before so a question rises - what does it indicate?
My guess is that people are panicking and don't want to place orders for large sells or buys.

Another theory is that none of these aggressors is really confident about what the price should be. Maybe it's time to start earning on arbitrage? That should reduce the volatility. Or maybe the bots are just turned off for safety reasons due to being in uncharted waters?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:41:06 AM

god's will imo
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:47:43 AM

Another theory is that none of these aggressors is really confident about what the price should be. Maybe it's time to start earning on arbitrage? That should reduce the volatility. Or maybe the bots are just turned off for safety reasons due to being in uncharted waters?

Exactly - that is because the price has ben pumped by the chinese. If the price rises and drops 200$ in 6 hours nobody knows what's going on and whether to invest or not and if so at what point. I certainly would not go all in at this point.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: