Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:57:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 16 Bitfury h-cards+1m-board+1pi+1PSU=400GH min guarranteed starts at 25BTC  (Read 7661 times)
drgyoza (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

Hi miners & everybody ! I am selling :

Brand new BSTB kit mining at full perf just acquired working for two weeks. Unfortunately have to move from my place too complicated to go on mining for now. This is not a "full kit" following Bitfury's denomination, but can be considered as so.

It includes :

16 BFSB H-card v1.2 individually tested for 25 GH/s (performance may vary depending on board position in M-board and your settings)
1 Raspberry Pi Model B
1 BFSB M-Board v2.3 :
    2 Layer PCB with 16 slots for v1.1-1.2 H-Cards
    4 separate SPI buses
    12VDC input via double 6-pin PCIe molex mini-fit Jr. connectors
    3-pin molex fan connectors for up to three fans
    5VDC regulated output for Raspberry Pi
    Raspberry Pi pin compatible SPI bus with four individual 3V3-1V8 level-shifters
3 Fans Coolermaster megaflow 200 blue led
1 PSU X-750 80 plus Gold (750w)

express shipment offered, will be shiped from Paris, France.

Starting bid at 25 BTC
Immediate buyout 40 BTC

First version without mini-fans
https://i.imgur.com/2prGJ0Z.png

Installation upgraded as it will be shiped
https://i.imgur.com/dGU9LlB.png

http://gifcountdown.com/europe-paris/1385056800/141414/0f0f0f/aaaaaa/fdfdfd/faedad/true/counter.gif

If you don't need PSU, fans nor Raspberry Pi, please write it.

Let the auction begin !
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:59:38 PM

Whoa, you want $17K for this?!!?  So you're essentially trying to recover your Aug kit cost 3 months down the line. Nice try!  Cheesy

This kit will mine 12.37 btc per month at the current difficulty; and this is assuming the kit can be overclocked to reach 500 GH. At 400 bare minimum GH it will produce 9.9 btc. So I'd say if I made an offer it would be in that range.

drgyoza (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Whoa, you want $17K for this?!!?  So you're essentially trying to recover your Aug kit cost 3 months down the line. Nice try!  Cheesy

This kit will mine 12.37 btc per month at the current difficulty; and this is assuming the kit can be overclocked to reach 500 GH. At 400 bare minimum GH it will produce 9.9 btc. So I'd say if I made an offer it would be in that range.

Absolutely

I wanted to ad that each chip reached up 40GH with basic settings, and at top efficiency we've reached over 800gh/s. I let you imagine with what could be done with overclocking and manual tuning. When I announce 400 gh I talk about manufacture guarranteed rate. Real rates are much higher.

Here are examples of average work, without tuning up.

Also you have to take into account the very low energy (-/+ 256 w)

Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/poIiQhZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/tMXvqc7.png
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:56:25 PM

I am offering 0.5 btc per H card.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

Absolutely

I wanted to ad that each chip reached up 40GH with basic settings, and at top efficiency we've reached over 800gh/s. I let you imagine with what could be done with overclocking and manual tuning. When I announce 400 gh I talk about manufacture guarranteed rate. Real rates are much higher.

Here are examples of average work, without tuning up.

Also you have to take into account the very low energy (-/+ 256 w)

Smiley

No miner is interested in "what if" wishful thinking. Can you demonstrate that this kit reached 800 GH? Also where did you read/saw that any bitfury kit is capable of reaching 800 GH?

Tell you what, I'll offer 13 BTC for the kit. I'll take a chance on whether or not it will overclock nicely or not (some cards have dead chips or just generally underperform so reaching astronomical hash rates is not always guaranteed).

drgyoza (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:10:05 PM

@allinvain

Sorry for the delay. I know that "what if" doesn't interest anybody, I am just saying it works great without modification. Most of the chips work, I've listed 13 bad chips that are not dead so as sometimes they get back to work at normal average stats. The photo of the shifts I posted where it reached 900 GH/s was taken on ghash, and i shows the results for only this bitfury. What kind of demonstration would you like me to show ?

I dind't  wrote "that any bitfury kit is capable of reaching 800 GH", I just said that mine did.
13 BTC is definitly not the right price...
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:44:29 PM

Considering the price of Nov KnCs, Ill offer 14BTC
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:45:22 PM

And I dont need the PSU/ fans/pi/sd card (saves on shipping atleast)
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:10:48 PM

I offer 14.01 BTC
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

Considering they sold out and no one guaranteed their shipment in time I would argue that the 20BTC min bid is fair enough.

Also considering the high volatility of BTC (as for today ranged from 378$ to 755$ on bitstamp) and the obvious quality and seriousness of the manufacturer in comparison with its competitors, it is worth it.

We planned to mine at least 40more bitcoins the next 6months (without tuning it up because we lack the knowledge and we obviously dont want to mess with something that works just fine) so 20BTC minimum bid seems reasonable.

(im the co-owner of such beauty and will be in charge of running at the postoffice to get it shipped as fast as i can, knowing it is very important when buying a mining rig)

So you're essentially trying to recover your Aug kit cost 3 months down the line. Nice try!  Cheesy

it is november batch, they were released on monday 4th of november and we got it by friday 8th... and of course now they are sold out..
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:26:18 AM

pretty good offer imho... but 25btc?  Roll Eyes no way unless xbtc drops to 100 usd...

drgyoza (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

pretty good offer imho... but 25btc?  Roll Eyes no way unless xbtc drops to 100 usd...

BTC exchange rate is at 440 USD at this time, so if you are ready to pay 25BTC at 100USD/1BTC for this BTSB you would like me to divide the price more than 4 times ? Sorry I won't sell for less than 25, this has nothing to do with BTC price in dollars, you buy in BTC and you'll get your ROI in BTC.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:00:28 PM

Your asking for way too much. These will never sell at 25 BTC.

I can get 11 cubes right now for 11 BTC that will do over 400GH (~$5500).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=339499.0

Sure, they use more power, but that 14 BTC saved (~$7000) will buy a lot of electricity!
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:38:23 PM

BTC exchange rate is at 440 USD at this time, so if you are ready to pay 25BTC at 100USD/1BTC for this BTSB you would like me to divide the price more than 4 times ? Sorry I won't sell for less than 25, this has nothing to do with BTC price in dollars, you buy in BTC and you'll get your ROI in BTC.

I see it at 580 USD at bitstamp right now.

Anyway, above 14-15 BTC there is a clear possibility to never break-even on them.

That said, at 15 BTC I'd buy it.

Even more so if you could add one of those chateau belvize boxes if they're of red wine like this http://www.chateaubelvize.com/?pge=produits&idx=19 Smiley

spiccioli

CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

Heck even 14 BTC is pushing it, you can get 600 GH/s for about 6-10 BTC at current MTGox rates: http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

Blazey

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:52:47 PM

care to change with one Jupiter ??
drgyoza (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:20:20 PM

Anyway, above 14-15 BTC there is a clear possibility to never break-even on them.

Even more so if you could add one of those chateau belvize boxes if they're of red wine like this http://www.chateaubelvize.com/?pge=produits&idx=19 Smiley

spiccioli

Hi spiccioli. The wine in the boxes is the same, year 2008, six magnums per box. Would be a pleasure to send you one with the stuff, but then we have to deal with transportation. How much would you add for it ? 
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

spiccioli

Hi spiccioli. The wine in the boxes is the same, year 2008, six magnums per box. Would be a pleasure to send you one with the stuff, but then we have to deal with transportation. How much would you add for it ? 

I'd say half a BTC could be a correct valuation (if I'm not missing something), but I fear that shipping such a box could cost a lot.

Let's see how it goes with your auction first and then we will surely find a way to deal with that box Smiley

spiccioli
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:39:54 AM

Heck even 14 BTC is pushing it, you can get 600 GH/s for about 6-10 BTC at current MTGox rates: http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

seriously? BFL?!

its not just about the hashrate, its also about the demand.  Bitfury's out of stock and people are still willing to pay/wait even for damaged boards (go have a look on their thread):

If your new board design isn't quite right, could you please at least consider shipping some trays of chips while you get your in house design debugged?

Chips are currently sold out. Even the next batch of chips is sold out. We already have the boards with chips on them. There's no debugging involved, just overheat issues. I'm thinking of maybe putting them up on the site with massive warning labels as there seems to be tons of interest Smiley

Yes, lets do this Cheesy

Also here are our last night stats on Ghash.io :

Like I said, we no professionnals and did not attempt at overclocking/pencil modding/enhancing in any way the h-cards (i.e. still under warranty). So someone here who have been long enought involved in bitcoin mining might be able to increase its productivity and really take the best out of it (but thats only an assumption of course). However, it is a 2 week old gear only and was taken care with all required precaution. The price also comprise the delivery time as we would do anything possible to send it as fast as we can because we know that's THE major factor to take into account when buying mining gear. Otherwise you can just go preorder on KNC or BFL at a cheaper price....  Roll Eyes

no pre-order, no out of stock, no not working...

Anyway, to resume spiccioli have the lead on this and may even be the happy owner of some fine french red wine. Its all about beeing enthusiast folks.  Grin

sveetsnelda

Activity: 642

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:07:15 PM

rofl.  What in the world?  25btc *starting* bid?  40btc buyout?

Good luck.   Huh   You understand that more of these will be manufactured, right?

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: