Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 Confirmations - Transactions stuck?  (Read 1793 times)
ArthurBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:05:29 PM

I initiated 3 armory transactions this morning.  They are sends OUT from armory, and were initiated over 4 hours ago...  they are stuck with 0 confirmations.   Huh

What should I do?

I read somewhere that transactions with multiple addresses involved are larger sized, and that they may require larger transactions fees in order to get processed.  Do we think this is what is causing the delay?  In the armory transaction window, I see there are 16 inputs, and 1 output.  I attempted to send with the standard 0.0001 transaction fee, and it's been 4 hours now, and zero confirmations.

How should I proceed?  Thanks.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:11:07 PM

I initiated 3 armory transactions this morning.  They are sends OUT from armory, and were initiated over 4 hours ago...  they are stuck with 0 confirmations.   Huh

What should I do?

I read somewhere that transactions with multiple addresses involved are larger sized, and that they may require larger transactions fees in order to get processed.  Do we think this is what is causing the delay?  In the armory transaction window, I see there are 16 inputs, and 1 output.  I attempted to send with the standard 0.0001 transaction fee, and it's been 4 hours now, and zero confirmations.

How should I proceed?  Thanks.

Right-click on the transaction and view it on blockchain.info.  If they are on blockchain.info, they are just slow.  There's nothing you can do.  If they are not, then your broadcasts went nowhere, and they can be re-broadcast (but for reasons difficult to describe, this isn't easy to do).

In the latest testing version (now available on our website), there's a new "Help" menu option that is "Clear all Unconfirmed".  That will allow you to rebroadcast the exact same transactions (after restarting Armory).  If you're using 0.88.1 or earlier, you'll have to stop Armory and go to the ARMORY home dir (where your wallets are stored), and remove mempool.bin.  Also restart Bitcoin-Qt if you're running it manually.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

P.S. This usually happens when Armory is connected to Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind, but Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind has not yet established any connections to the outside world.  Armory forwards the tx to Bitcoin-Qt, it forwards it to all 0 peers, and then won't broadcast/forward it again.  That's why you have to clear all the memory pools...

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
ArthurBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:49:18 PM

I right clicked and viewed blockchain.info
The transaction was not found.

I went to help -> armory version...
I am using 0.88.1, looks like I'd better upgrade.

I shutdown Armory and went to the Armory home dir... there is no Mempool.bin file.  Windows7 search found mempool.bin in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming
I renamed it to mempool.bin.BACKUP and restarted Armory.  The 0 confirm transactions are gone now, it worked.   Smiley

Q.  Do I need to do anything special to update to the latest version?  Or just download and run it?

Q.  When, if ever, do I need to increase the transaction fee?

Thank you!  I think I should resend the transactions after updating, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: