Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 10:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] Malicious Armory Website Clone Found  (Read 652 times)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:14:06 PM

Please only download Armory Bitcoin Wallet from https://bitcoinarmory.com

We have identified a clone website which provides malicious download links for our software.   All software and communications by Armory Technologies, Inc, will happen via the domain bitcoinarmory.com.  There are no other domains under which we operate!   We use the following [offline] GPG key to sign all software releases, and sign all employees' GPG keys:

Armory "Offline Signing Key": 0x98832223

(please do not use this key for encrypting email to us -- only for authenticating software and employees!)

Armory is a tool for advanced users, holding serious quantities of money -- please make sure you download the correct version and verify hashes & signatures before installing it!    There are instructions at the bottom of our downloads page that describe how to verify the signatures in Linux.  Windows is a bit harder, but possible if you install gpg4win and verify the SHA256 hashes file.  

P.S. - I am not posting the link to the malicious site here, because it's unnecessary and I'd prefer people only be exposed to the good domain.  If you have a reason for it (such as doing a security investigation), please contact me.

This is a repost from the main Bitcoin Discussion thread.  Please reply there.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: