Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] batch #39 0.25 btc per Blade, backplanes .15  (Read 18713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aznatama

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:46:29 PM

What's your policy on DOA blades?  I sent you an email. 
artbatista

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:22:28 AM

185f525100fa25e5fb2749070846dffe90b5674eac55421d9bb3318ea9a31037

one blade please....

PARAGON
|||| REVOLUTIONIZING THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY ||||
PARAGONCOIN.COM | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:06:45 PM

my order is still showing at the sorting facility since sat the 7th and it says i should receive my package on dec 09 and nothing showed up yet.

Any ideas what should i do?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

my order is still showing at the sorting facility since sat the 7th and it says i should receive my package on dec 09 and nothing showed up yet.

use UPS next time?   i'm in the same boat.... item dropped off on the 7th.... delivery date says dec 9,     but no movement since processed at origin facility....     cant get anyone on the phone at post office....    the 1-800 number is useless.....

artbatista

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 06:47:42 PM

use UPS next time?   i'm in the same boat.... item dropped off on the 7th.... delivery date says dec 9,     but no movement since processed at origin facility....     cant get anyone on the phone at post office....    the 1-800 number is useless.....

I had a similar problem with an Amazon order (from a 3rd party vendor). The package made it to a local sorting facility and there it sat. I had to go to my local post office and talk to the postmaster, as I could not seem to get help on the contact options listed.

It took nearly a month, but they eventually declared the package lost and paid my insurance. (You did use insurance, I hope?)

I have become leery of the USPS lately, with multiple lost and miss delivered packages in the last 6 months.

All I can say is "USE INSURANCE"

Art

PARAGON
|||| REVOLUTIONIZING THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY ||||
PARAGONCOIN.COM | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:55:10 AM

Just had a similar issue with a bfl order. They shipped my order last Wednday and sent me the tracking it moved though the postal system got stuck in a sorting facility for a few day and spent an other couple days at my local post office. The package finally was delivered today. USPS is busy this time of year and deliveries are taking longer than normal right now. I have shipped a few items myself via usps and they have been hit and miss on keeping to delivery times. Good luck.
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:28:09 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 06:24:29 PM by J_Dubbs

Does anyone know how I find the transaction "tracking" number? I sent payment but feel like I'm missing a step.

I did the whole "signature" thing under the receive tab on Blockchain but I can't wrap my head around how this information has anything to do with my transaction.

It's this type of stuff with the user experience of online wallets and transactions that makes Bitcoin a bit scary. Right now I know I sent a payment, but I can't quite be certain I jumped through the correct hoops within the online wallet.

Edit: figured out they probably want the shipping tracking number to prove who I am. Had to read up on signing to understand the purpose. Payment sent, label and info have been emailed.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:57:37 PM

shipping out all blade orders shortly...
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:48:28 AM

Does anyone know how I find the transaction "tracking" number? I sent payment but feel like I'm missing a step.

I did the whole "signature" thing under the receive tab on Blockchain but I can't wrap my head around how this information has anything to do with my transaction.

It's this type of stuff with the user experience of online wallets and transactions that makes Bitcoin a bit scary. Right now I know I sent a payment, but I can't quite be certain I jumped through the correct hoops within the online wallet.

Edit: figured out they probably want the shipping tracking number to prove who I am. Had to read up on signing to understand the purpose. Payment sent, label and info have been emailed.

The purpose of the 'signature thing' is to prove you have ownership/control of the wallet from which the btc had been sent. 
soy
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:42:27 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 12:19:17 AM by soy

Did I read somewhere 5 - 10 days on returns for repair or replacement or return of original if rejected for some reason?

I paid 4btc and the value lately seems to hover around $900 so that's like $3600, more than the trade-in value of both my car and truck combined.  (Us electronics technicians/engineering aides retire wealthy you can guess.)

So, if 10 days at Canary, and add transit time, a repair would leave at one difficulty, seen a jump, and then another before it gets back home.

Wonder if a new buy or a replacement Blade is the V2.001 without the reset header and having a soldered fuse.

--------------------------

A replacement Blade is in the works!
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:24:05 AM

today's orders shipped out
soy
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:26:55 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 08:55:51 PM by soy

Hi Canary, the replacement Blade has arrived.  It is one of the new versions, V2.001 I believe not having the replaceable fuse nor reset headers, in an unopened static proof envelop.

The Blade, although showing activity on the RJ45 port is not appearing on the network.  I've run nmap 192.168.1.* and have mapped every device on my local network including ports open.  It would seem like it might have been setup with some other network, e.g. 192.168.0.1 or something else.

I have reset the device by putting pins in the factory reset and ground (ground being the center pin between factory reset and reset) and an alligator clip across the pins and awakened the miner from off, left on for 30 seconds, turned off, removed the pins and replaced the cat5 cable, restarted, and still no report of its existence on 192.168.1.0.  I have tried http://192.168.1.254:8000 repeatedly without results.

I am supplying 11.9vdc to the Blade.

What do you suggest?

soy

Okay, I have it on nmap now.  It is a brand new cat5 cable so I knew it wasn't that.  Two or three days ago two 8 port high speed switches arrived from the Orient.  They had wall warts for Europe but I'm using an adapter and it's working for a raspberry pi I use for stratum.  I just swapped the cable to an older 8 port TP-Link switch and now I see the Blade.  

Efficiency is coming up slowly but the pool, which was showing 1 week 5 days for the last share for this worker, is now showing shares.  Thanks.

I note I have modified my Blade stand.  Previously the Blade was standing RTV'd in slots in two PVC pipes and a pair of 120mm fans blowing on the heatsink from a distance of about 1½", as well as a room fan some distance away blowing at the miner.  Now I lay the two 120mm fans down on a metal bar rack having open air.  The fans are attached to one another and at one end two PVC are vertical.  On the vertical PVC I have another fan, something like an 80mm, on a down angle.  I place the miner on top of the two 120mm fans, heatsink down and the 80mm fan blows across the Blade top.

Up to 92.10% and rising.  I'm a happy customer.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:54:49 AM

Hi Canary, the replacement Blade has arrived.  It is one of the new versions, V2.001 I believe not having the replaceable fuse nor reset headers, in an unopened static proof envelop.

The Blade, although showing activity on the RJ45 port is not appearing on the network.  I've run nmap 192.168.1.* and have mapped every device on my local network including ports open.  It would seem like it might have been setup with some other network, e.g. 192.168.0.1 or something else.

I have reset the device by putting pins in the factory reset and ground (ground being the center pin between factory reset and reset) and an alligator clip across the pins and awakened the miner from off, left on for 30 seconds, turned off, removed the pins and replaced the cat5 cable, restarted, and still no report of its existence on 192.168.1.0.  I have tried http://192.168.1.254:8000 repeatedly without results.

What do you suggest?

soy

Okay, I have it on nmap now.  It is a brand new cat5 cable so I knew it wasn't that.  Two or three days ago two 8 port high speed switches arrived from the Orient.  They had wall warts for Europe but I'm using an adapter and it's working for a raspberry pi I use for stratum.  I just swapped the cable to an older 8 port TP-Link switch and now I see the Blade.  

Efficiency is coming up slowly but the pool, which was showing 1 week 5 days for the last share for this worker, is now showing shares.  Thanks.

I note I have modified my Blade stand.  Previously the Blade was standing RTV'd in slots in two PVC pipes and a pair of 120mm fans blowing on the heatsink from a distance of about 1½", as well as a room fan some distance away blowing at the miner.  Now I lay the two 120mm fans down on a metal bar rack having open air.  The fans are attached to one another and at one end two PVC are vertical.  On the vertical PVC I have another fan, something like an 80mm, on a down angle.  I place the miner on top of the two 120mm fans, heatsink down and the 80mm fan blows across the Blade top.

I've heard 2 reports of network problems prior to this.  one was with belkin u-verse branded equipment, second was because the ports on the switch were set to 100MB and since blades are 10MB Eth, they would not work.  so it's possible that autosensing isn't working properly on your network switch/hub from the Orient or 10MB speed isn't supported.
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:33:16 AM

Thanks for the great service on my first order, just sent another payment and label for one more blade.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

Thanks for the great service on my first order, just sent another payment and label for one more blade.
You're welcome!  today's blades are shipping out...
soy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:42:19 AM

What do you suggest?

soy

I've heard 2 reports of network problems prior to this.  one was with belkin u-verse branded equipment, second was because the ports on the switch were set to 100MB and since blades are 10MB Eth, they would not work.  so it's possible that autosensing isn't working properly on your network switch/hub from the Orient or 10MB speed isn't supported.

Yes, the Blade is fine on the TP-Link 8 port switch.  Also, using the European to US adapter on the power supply perhaps the voltage isn't what it should be.  Happy with the Blade.  Now, is friedcat going to be selling anything new/novel in addition to Block Erupters?
Exidous

Activity: 239

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:02:36 AM

Still have blades in stock?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary