Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one who feels relieved when the price goes down?  (Read 4232 times)
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:15:44 AM

No, I'm referring to Gox price.

China is a whole other story.

It's seems like it's down to human psychology, maybe.

Most people probably had their sell orders set to 1,000 (a psychological threshold). The smart money anticipates this and sets theirs to 900.
Just a theory, but... Winning.  Grin
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:16:18 AM

The smarty people cashed out at 700-900.

Will be buying again around 300-500.

A lot of bulls licking their wounds right now.  Cheesy

Its easy to say this now, right ?  Smiley

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:24:40 AM

Don't mock captain heignsight!
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:26:15 AM

Yes, see my post below that one.

It was predictable the pro traders were going to dump right before it got to 1000 so they would be left holding the bag, and could clock in some nice profit.

Traders don't hold onto something if they can cash out and buy in again way cheaper.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:56:56 AM

$720 for me.  I need $344 to double up my coins. I don't mind if it dips below $300, I'll still buy right at $344..double coins makes me happy either way.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:00:38 AM

$720 for me.  I need $344 to double up my coins. I don't mind if it dips below $300, I'll still buy right at $344..double coins makes me happy either way.

Smart man.

Remember the saying: Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!
favelle75

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:03:04 AM

Smart man.

Remember the saying: Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

Exactly.  I feel greedy enough doubling up my coins! I do feel bad for selling 100% of my BTC though. I am mining, so new coinage is always coming in and I AM supporting the network....but still...

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
drnick

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:40:06 AM

Well...not quite double for free. Bitcoin regulation is well on its way and uncle sam (or other tax authority) will want to capture your gains on that sale at $720. Bitcoin will be quite traceable and I suspect audits will come down the line for anyone reporting gains in bitcoins in 5 years or so. So you'll get double coins but probably a small tax bill to make up for it.

It's not all bad news though. Ask your landlord (if you have one, for instance) if he/she will accept rent in bitcoins, and buy the difference of bitcoins in your rent. That way, your "new" bitcoins will get taxed against that rate, instead of the cheaper rate. I think that's excellent motivation to spur the adoption of bitcoins  Tongue
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:42:04 AM

Relieved the price is going down = you might not have enough Bitcoins.
Relived the price is going up = you might have too many Bitcoins.
Bitcoin goes up and down $300 in one day and you say "meh" = you might have the right amount of Bitcoins.

LOL, this is the most insightful thing I've read in the spec forum for a loooong time.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
favelle75

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:43:57 AM

Well...not quite double for free. Bitcoin regulation is well on its way and uncle sam (or other tax authority) will want to capture your gains on that sale at $720. Bitcoin will be quite traceable and I suspect audits will come down the line for anyone reporting gains in bitcoins in 5 years or so. So you'll get double coins but probably a small tax bill to make up for it.

It's not all bad news though. Ask your landlord (if you have one, for instance) if he/she will accept rent in bitcoins, and buy the difference of bitcoins in your rent. That way, your "new" bitcoins will get taxed against that rate, instead of the cheaper rate. I think that's excellent motivation to spur the adoption of bitcoins  Tongue

Uncle Sam can kiss my ass....I live in Canada.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:44:53 AM

And not only that, if they tax my gains, then all my mining gear and electricity and part of my mortgage (space) is now a tax deduction, thank you very much.  Smiley

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:46:17 AM

And not only that, if they tax my gains, then all my mining gear and electricity and part of my mortgage (space) is now a tax deduction, thank you very much.  Smiley

Haven't mined since summer 2011, but maybe I should let a GPU run for the deduction.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
drnick

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:54:45 AM

Now if only we had some kind of bitcoin-like ledger to manage and track all our deductions Wink
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:04:46 AM

I feel relieved when things like the Silk Road 'crash' happen. I.e, when a selloff happens but people eagerly prop the price up again. Basically, August/September were my dream months. Ok, October & November (up until yesterday) were dreamy as well, but from a pocketbook perspective, as opposed to maybe-I'll-sleep-a-bit perspective.

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:07:34 AM

My primary source of income at the moment is government money, and I don't spend much, so all I can think is "sweet, cheap Bitcoin".

What cheap? The all time high on gox 48hours ago was 550. No we are above 600$. Define "cheap"

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
favelle75

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:17:52 AM

Now if only we had some kind of bitcoin-like ledger to manage and track all our deductions Wink

Ha ha.  We do (sort of).  MS Excel.  Wink

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:18:48 AM

Missed my boat because of greed.  Got down to $530 on CAVirtex....now $610.  FML. Wait for the next dip I guess?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:24:24 AM

People in this forum know exactly when to sell and when to buy. That is only AFTER a crash or AFTER a meteoric rise of course  Tongue
junshong

Activity: 192

Hi!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:58:13 AM

$900 Happened when i was sleeping. Didnt have any chance to sell and buy at the dip after that. Not very happy

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:00:48 AM

People in this forum know exactly when to sell and when to buy. That is only AFTER a crash or AFTER a meteoric rise of course  Tongue
You mean DURING, not AFTER. DURING a crash is exactly when to buy, and DURING a meteoric rise is exactly when to sell. That's why I sold at $857. Easy money. Cool

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: