Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum ICO Purchase without MetaMask?  (Read 121 times)
Alex Brend (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:41:51 PM

So I managed to create ICO on ropsten testnet. But I have few difficulties

1) I want to create a webpage where users can buy my ICO. But how to do this without using MetaMask plugin? I want such that user can send me Paypal, Visa, ETH in exchange for ICO Tokens.

2) If I want to launch my ICO on live server, do I need to create my own Node or just use Ethereum mainnet? What are the benefits of using own node vs using ethereum main net or vice versa?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 07:44:18 PM

1. Dont launch an ICO if you have no experience and dont have any product to sell. If you still want to launch your own ICO please just contact some prefesional to do the job, there no way a single person can launch ICO by him self.
2. Just dont lauch it, we allready have so much scam ICO these day.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:52:12 PM

1) If you launch an ICO without a lawyer, you can have legal issues because of your juridisction.

2) Do you have any previous experience?

I think that you are more interested in "raising" money instead of providing a good service for your ICO.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:53:49 PM

1) I want to create a webpage where users can buy my ICO. But how to do this without using MetaMask plugin? I want such that user can send me Paypal, Visa, ETH in exchange for ICO Tokens.

2) If I want to launch my ICO on live server, do I need to create my own Node or just use Ethereum mainnet? What are the benefits of using own node vs using ethereum main net or vice versa?

Really depends on how you want to implement your solution. How most ICOs does this is they let people give them money and pay upfront. So for this you can use API from etherscan to get Ethereum transactions, integrate Paypal and Visa. Then you will want to store somewhere in the database the address investors want to receive tokens in as well as how many tokens they will recieve. After the end of token sale you can simply take that data (can write simple script) to send out the tokens.

With node you don't have to trust others but you trust the data you have with your own node. Honestly if you are looking to do any more advanced features with the network I would advise you to use your node because you can do many things with it.
Alex Brend (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

Really depends on how you want to implement your solution. How most ICOs does this is they let people give them money and pay upfront. So for this you can use API from etherscan to get Ethereum transactions, integrate Paypal and Visa. Then you will want to store somewhere in the database the address investors want to receive tokens in as well as how many tokens they will recieve. After the end of token sale you can simply take that data (can write simple script) to send out the tokens.

With node you don't have to trust others but you trust the data you have with your own node. Honestly if you are looking to do any more advanced features with the network I would advise you to use your node because you can do many things with it.

Thank you for the advice much appreciated, some people seem to have completely wrongly assumed my goals I am trying to get into ICO development for clients still a newbie which is why I'm learning from experts like you people.

Anyways lets say I do not want to transfer Tokens from one account to another, but currently I am getting serviceProvider not found issue and have to install MetaMask plugin.
Is using MetaMask plugin the only way to transfer Tokens via our ICO website?
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

Is using MetaMask plugin the only way to transfer Tokens via our ICO website?

Of course not, if you don't want to run the node client you can use some other 3rd party APIs such as http://www.myetherapi.com/, https://infura.io/ (which is the one metamask is using already), https://etherscan.io/apis

Can even create the transaction on your own and then use tools that will enable you to push your transaction on the ethereum blockchain, which mostly these APIs listed above have the ability to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: