Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you handle your emotion when crypto markets go up and down??  (Read 1164 times)
merrillolive

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:57:23 PM

I admit that I am still weak in this place. Feelings rise and want to sell when the market goes up, and fear when the market goes down. I also hope to receive more comments from other members in this topic to learn more about my mood coordination.
Chuokie

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:10:30 PM

Do your regular things you do, eat, sleep and exercise regularly, don't focus too much on the graph, unless your a trader. Having a cool mind also help you not to stress out.
Anne8

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:12:43 PM

Hello guys please can we share our views on how to handle one emotions better  especially when crypto market goes up and down to avoid selling token cheaply. Wink
This is the hardest thing in this market. Psychology decides it all. If you are calm and do not panic you will be rich in this market but it is hard to do that, I am a holder and I do not often see the price of the market. So when prices go up or down I do not care. I only sell when I reach the goal
Well, i agree that is the hardest thing to handle. Emotion is always being our worst enemy.
But when we can handle it then we can make sure our income is coming for sure. Its most problem
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:25:27 PM

Hello guys please can we share our views on how to handle one emotions better  especially when crypto market goes up and down to avoid selling token cheaply. Wink

I think every trader should make their according to results of their own researches, because I think logic is always superior than the emotions. Also, I think being able to take the responsibilities of your next choices is really important, if you are in the cryptocurrency world.

Baoo

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:32:16 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 10:49:48 PM by Baoo

Honestly, I always control my emotions in every situation (big crisis or rise) on the market. Moreover, I believe that this thing is very essential to avoid financial losses, because many people are afraid and rush to make decisions at every sudden and unexpected event (like, the last big drop in most of crypturrencies), and this leads to bad consequences.

On the other hand, the most important thing is  the self control , because this field has many unexpected surprises, and  when you cannot  control yourself, then you will not succeed in achieving your goals and ambitions  and you will lose many times and in a frequent way. Unfortunately, the issue that  many people in that field have a psychological problems.

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

I have enough money aside for my daily expenses for a long time ahead.
This is helping me to chase only long term goals and to not be affected from the short terms swings.

Another good practice is to have a strict trade-roll management.

TripleDrible

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:37:46 PM

If you are an emotional person, you have chosen the wrong kind of activity. You have to be calculating and calm, then everything will work for your profit. You can trade with profit even in a falling market, look for tactics in internet.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:14:40 PM

Do your regular things you do, eat, sleep and exercise regularly, don't focus too much on the graph, unless your a trader. Having a cool mind also help you not to stress out.
I agree with you and this advice is good for all the day trader but if you are a long-term trader, you wouldn't do this but rather you have to do something and just leave it all alone. Having a portfolio that is full of altcoins and Bitcoin is a good choice so if ever you see the price that is rising already you can easily trade them.

MacXA

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

Partner of Arsenal Football Club

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:39:15 PM

You should play this one cool, man. Invest only in good project. Not invest your last cash and have to stay positive.

cakmabokgot

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:10:16 AM

Well, as a person who is diagnosed with bipolar disorder, my emotions go up and down. At first it was kinda tiring, but this became a challenge I needed to achieve. I am trying to control my feelings, never loose hope and stay calm.
We are all little fish trying to earn our money to make our lives better... let's hope for the best
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:25:52 AM

it really depends on how your really behave in your daily life, i mean the way you react on situations specially the worst ones. For me i just keep saying that it will be recovering if not soon but in time for sure. As you look at the yearly charts you will see that there are always a down times, Coz you are dealing with the market if there will be no slip ups then there will be no volatility at all. It is also impossible that it will be moving only upwards, if not then it will be stable and no profits to be gain at all. So chill and keep your head up timing is the key dude.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:20:28 AM

additional opinion from me, do not get carried away by the influence of market activity, in your analysis of the coins you have selected, see their activities, ask the dev team why? the coin is up why down, do not panic, because the current market movement really seize the mind,
if still tired do refreshing with other jobs that do not use the mind, but using your other skills, hopefully useful
Adio

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:36:25 AM

Try as much as possible to buy a coin you've done research and believe on, by doing this you are rest assured that it's gonna moon again, just take a good look at icx during feb-march dip and look at it's price now
Nikosgalis1957

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:44:43 AM

I think the longer term hodler does not care about the short term price right now so we dont have to handle our emotion when the price goes up or down. If the price goes down then we will buy cheap token and hodl for a few months or years.

nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:37:36 AM

psychology in commerce is needed, when the market is in decline, many of the novice investors are shocked and scared when they see things getting worse, you have to prepare mentally and train your emotions, you can try to meditate or relax with your friends
For novice investors, it would be safer to grab some facts and knowledge regarding the nature of digital assets. They must also understand the future of digital market well. Anyone who would have this much knowledge won’t give up during hard times for sure.Dips and boosts have their own roles to play. Dips allow the investors to buy coins at cheap rates while pumps are for selling out.
Fabsquire

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

For me it helps to make a strategy and keep true to it. The last months of bearmarket where a good time to think about it deeply.
I for example divided my portfolio in long/short term, made targets and decided portions of the coins to sell at different targets.
If you buy coins you believe in and researched deeply and sell at your targets there is no place to let the emotions come in.
Remember there is plenty of time and you oftenly come about better by being patient in my opinion!

Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:47:05 AM

always be optimistic when bitcoin is lower 10,000. I am always calm because I gain profit as altcoins go up. And I don’t lose when I buy at higher price, because I know all I shall do is to wait.
nikkymama

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:58:06 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 10:32:15 AM by nikkymama

First you should know that emotions is not good in the cryptocurrency industry because if you're getting controlled by your emotions you may end up making decisions you're not aware of  [example, trading your coins at values you may later regret]. If you really can't handle your emotions here in the crypto tradings or crypto industry then this is not for you. You should be familiar with the cryptocurrency world because this occurs often and all you need in this profession is patience.
canque31

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

First you should know that emotions is not good in the cryptocurrency industry because if you're getting controlled by your emotions you may end up making decisions you're not aware of  [example, trading your coins at values you may later regret]. If you really can't handle your emotions here in the crypto tradings or crypto industry then this is not for you. You should be familiar with the cryptocurrency world because this occurs often and all you need in this profession patience.

Cryptocurrency world market is like a rollercoaster that gives you trill and excitement. But I handle it with a smile even if the market goes down I am confident that it will bounce back again. Being confident is my way of expressing how much I trusted crypto.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 11:04:36 AM

Don't invest an amount that you consider that it's too big for you. If you do this, then you will have no reason to get so emotional about the market fluctuations. Also, try to have some other priorities than crypto, so you don't have always the tendency to check the latest prices all the time.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: