Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets say you had a friend outside the USA ... (re: Mt.Gox)  (Read 918 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:10:11 PM

So lets say I have a friend in Costa Rica who just offered to open a bank account for me under a corporation that would be (legally) created, so that I could withdraw from Mt. Gox.

Would that be a feasible option?

My portfolio is *monstrously* larger on Gox across all my coins, than it is on Coinbase .... the only place I can withdraw from because I live in shitty USA.

Any efforts resulting in Gox trade price withdrawal would be worth my time and effort ....

Same question for China:

What if you could simply spend $600, fly there, open a bank account, and take advantage of their $1100 USD trade price?

That would be even bigger.

(Just referring to the final cash-out, when the time comes)

Thanks for any insight.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:16:35 AM

A shanghai or hong kong bank account would not assist you in making withdraws from mtgox. The issue is with sending SWIFT wires anywhere, so you need a domestic bank account either in Japan or in Poland if you want quicker withdraws without paying the 5% SWIFT withdraw fee.

If you're going to pay the 5% SWIFT withdraw fee, MtGox will send you're USD wires to America without issue. The queue for SWIFT transfers is no shorter inside the US than outside.

Best of luck to ya.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:06:21 AM

A shanghai or hong kong bank account would not assist you in making withdraws from mtgox. The issue is with sending SWIFT wires anywhere, so you need a domestic bank account either in Japan or in Poland if you want quicker withdraws without paying the 5% SWIFT withdraw fee.

If you're going to pay the 5% SWIFT withdraw fee, MtGox will send you're USD wires to America without issue. The queue for SWIFT transfers is no shorter inside the US than outside.

Best of luck to ya.

So how long does a typical SWIFT transaction usually take to process?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:44:36 AM

The transaction itself likely done in a few hours or a day... The problem is that MtGox will take weeks or rather months until it is your turn to start the transaction.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: