Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send BTCs from wallet generated by bitaddress.org?  (Read 3600 times)
adam15229 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:44:24 PM

I was able to send BTCs from my coinbase account and my multibit wallet to the wallet created by bitaddress, but I don't know how to send them out of the bitaddress wallet  Huh
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:45:23 PM

you need to import the bitaddress private key into a wallet.  The easiest is probably using blockchain.info.   I am not sure if coinbase supports importing private keys.
adam15229 (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:00:04 PM

Hmm...when I go to blockchain.info's import wallet feature it wants me to import a preexisting wallet.dat file. All I have from bitaddress.org is my bitcoin address and my private key. Undecided
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:03:27 PM

Hmm...when I go to blockchain.info's import wallet feature it wants me to import a preexisting wallet.dat file. All I have from bitaddress.org is my bitcoin address and my private key. Undecided

Not sure where you are seeing that but under import there should be an option labeled "import private key".  Copy and paste just the private key there. 
Quazzmo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:16:12 AM

(warning Newbie post!)

Bottom line is ... Blockchain app on Android / iPhone is easy to use as it scans the paper QR codes printed from bitaddress.org

Today I was trying to do same to test some xmas presents.
Easiest way that worked for me in the end was:

1) For piece of mind do some testing
  a) Use bitaddress.org second tab to print a paper wallet or three (these are initially valid but empty)
    - I found photo paper was better, the font can be hard to read otherwise
  b) Use pretty much any bitcoin interface to send 0.002BTC (£0.84) to the "bitcoin address" on the "Load and Verify" bit of the paper wallet
    - That transaction is now on the bitcoin network, and verified after 10 minutes
    - I used "Bitcoin Wallet for Android" from bitcoin.org->Get started with bitcoin->Choose your wallet->Mobile wallets
  c) Install Blockchain app onto your smartphone (android, iPhone)
  d) Run Blockchain app and set up an account
  e) "Scan private key" and point camera at "Spend" QR square pattern on paper wallet
    - Blockchain tells you how much is in there (0.002BTC)
    - Blockchain offers to "Import" or "Sweep"
    - (not 100% sure here, but...) Sweep seems to take the money out of the paper wallet, so you lose a tiny transaction charge (0.0001BTC)
  f) Send your slightly-less-than 0.002BTC wherever you like, using "Pay To" from the blockchain app
    - Best send it to some other live wallet you have, so you can watch it turn up after a few mins
2) Print a paper wallet or three using second tab of bitaddress.org
3) Use the "Load and Verify" address to send some bitcoins to the paper wallet
4) Use Blockchain app for Android / iPhone to scan the "Spend" QR code, and "Sweep" the bitcoins out of the paper wallet
5) Use Blockchain app to do what you like with the bitcoins
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:58:05 PM

You need to contact the support because they know their software pretty well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: