Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Bitcoin’ was the 9th most read article on Wikipedia in 2017  (Read 170 times)
mindfly09

Activity: 405
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:21:21 PM

Because bitcoin is popular around the world, because of its value, that is why so many people research they want to know an idea or they interested about bitcoin. It shows only that many people are like to know some details on bitcoin and most of them are who wants to invest. We hope that on this coming years its on top most read article on Wikipedia.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:22:49 PM

I think this is not surprising. People see what Bitcoin is capable of. They are interested in learning more about it. Most likely our future will be connected with this crypto currency. And it is reasonable to study it already at this stage. I think that in 2018 the bitcoin article in Wikipedia will rise even higher in the number of views.

I agree that is not surprising but people are not clearly aware of the capable of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. But it is the last revolution in the world so it will be heard more.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:27:52 PM

We know the price of bitcoin reaches 19,000$ in last year.This made many people to know about what is bitcoin.We know Wikipedia had something about new technology and invention in update manner.So on this base many will seach about bitcoin in Wikipedia.And this is cause of more investors now.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:41:04 PM

Bitcoin is more popular than Wonder Woman and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on Wikipedia

tnw

Gone are the days when you had to personally break down the concept of Bitcoin to your less informed friends and family. Wikipedia has got them all up to speed now.

The 2017 edition of the annual ‘Top 50 Report’ of Wikipedia shows that Bitcoin was the ninth most-read article on the digital encyclopedia for last year.

Bitcoin’s article got a total of over 15 million views, less than a million short of the views for the entry on the US.

The list shows that Bitcoin got 1 million more views than Wonder Woman, 2.6 million more than Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, and 2 million more than Elon Musk.

In a witty and poetic entry written by Wikipedia Senior Editor JFG, Bitcoin is described as something that is the highly speculative and intangible — but still would have been a better investment than Tesla stocks in 2017:

For our dear readers who can’t make heads or tails of this novelty: Bitcoin is as good as gold, shinier than lead, bubblier than tulips, held deep in the mines, and driving people nuts.

Gold has enriched adventurers and itcoin has held fools to ransom. You may dive in a pool of gold, but lose it all at war. Strangely, while you can still buy gold today and forget about it until your great-grandchildren cash it out, the much-hyped “future of money” has turned into the most speculative intangible asset of all time, while proving totally unsuitable as a means of payment. Still, over 2017 at least, itcoin would have been a better investment than Tesla stock.

Other cryptocurrencies still seem to be trailing far behind when it comes to popularity among the general population. There’s no other cryptocurrency related article that could make it to the list of top 50.

But, even the 5000 most popular article in the last week feature only four articles from the cryptocurrency realm — Bitcoin (354), Blockchain (312), Cryptocurrency (1273), and Ethereum (3710).

The term blockchain is getting more search queries now than Bitcoin, which also shows that people are diving deeper into the world of cryptocurrencies and trying to understand the technology behind it.

Yeah because last year bitcoin was boom, and world's eye was on it.
the price is too high and many people said it will bubble burst last year, but people wrong, maybe this year will be boom again.
Syunusa

Activity: 303
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

This is great news to crypto industry as bitcoin has started getting more popular in the world. I know in the next five years, 60% of the world pupulation would have come in contact with bitcoin.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:50:59 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 05:08:23 PM by bartolo

This is not really too surprising, the last three months of last year were crazy with news about bitcoin on television, celebrities talking about bitcoin on their late night shows, news on the main internet portals, and so on. Surely the number of searches this year will be smaller.
Thalassadna

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:11:31 AM

Because btc prices are growing so fast. There has never been a stock code that has grown so fast.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:45:53 AM

Because btc prices are growing so fast. There has never been a stock code that has grown so fast.

yes they do! if there is a good technology company with a lot of potential and be brand new its stock can skyrocket fast. for example Warren Buffet's company was $7000 in 1990 according to google and is currently worth $282k!

but the thing is you can not bitcoin with a company. a company will always be restricted, for example it can only be in one country specially at the start. they can expand in the future but they will never be a global cover.
bitcoin on the other hand is unique and also it is global. you can buy it from anywhere in the world, so the "investors" aren't restricted to only one country unlike stocks which only is open to small number of people.

Only Bitcoin
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:29:22 AM

Bitcoin got so much hype in 2017 when it was making noise, the price was going through the roof.
dwsgh

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:37:45 AM

The rise of Bitcoin at the end of 2017 made many people who don’t know Bitcoin know Bitcoin, but in fact, most people just “know” Bitcoin and don’t understand the principles and characteristics of Bitcoin. They just because of Bits. Learn about the price of the currency and learn about Bitcoin
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:55:41 AM

This is good news because many people have an idea of what bitcoin really is. I am sure that they will also have the interest to invest here especially now the price of bitcoin increases. Certainly investors who are buying now for the coming month are big profits they can receive.
btctime

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:24:06 PM

I think that this is not the limit and requests for bitcoin and crypto currency in 2018-2019 will beat their previous records. The pace of development of blockchain technologies and crypto currency is very high and people I think will not stop there.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:23:11 AM

As the days goes by, people are keep on engaging and entering the world of crypto currency. And no doubt why the Bitcoin became the 9th most read article on the Wikipedia in the year 2017. Bitcoin became more and more popular to the community. It shows how a lots of people are getting interested to what Bitcoin really is. The curiosity of people towards the true meaning of Bitcoin leads to the fast growing community of the crypto currencies.
Janeterrekg

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:34:58 AM

This only shows how Bitcoin is getting more and more popular to the people and to the whole community. As now, this pace keep up as day by day more people with an open mind try to engage, learn and understand much better the flow and way of life in the crypto currency community. I am glad that Bitcoin is becoming much known in the crypto world.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:47:54 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 04:36:16 AM by IndigoRed

I think more and more people now are interested in bitcoin, not just as an asset, but as a future mode of payment. Especially the younger generations, they don't like being "out of the loop." I'm not saying bitcoin is  a trend, but a technology that will soon be embraced by the world. I think people are attracted to the possibility of being a cashless society, and bitcoin could make that possible.
hatsuneczelmiku

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:22:31 AM

Because of the good qualities, capabilities and potential that Bitcoin have, it keeps on spreading in the community. It is really true and no doubt that the Bitcoin is very popular now and still getting more and more popular especially as a digital currency. There are lots of people that wish to make use as for payment method, and so I am, because I know that this will bring a better way of life in the society,
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: