Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a trusted partner in the United States  (Read 1794 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:21:11 PM

I need a trusted forum member who lives in the United States to become my partner in a new Bitcoin business relevant to this Lending forum.

Your duties would be as follows:

- Fully prove your identify
- Register a Post Office (PO) Box (for your safety)
- Receive physical items through the PO Box
- Update online records, answer online queries
- Mail physical items

You will be paid in bitcoin per send/receive transaction.

I will be asking for similar partners for other countries soon. 

I welcome any questions or comments.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:23:00 PM

Are you a Nigerian prince?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:23:41 PM

No.  I am a Canadian citizen and willing to prove my identity as well.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:29:08 PM

Vod approached me with this idea earlier, and I believe it does have merit, but it would require a bit of time on the participants part, which I do not have unfortunately. However, there could be money to be made here and you'd be doing the community a service Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:34:49 PM

No.  I am a Canadian citizen and willing to prove my identity as well.

pity, I only do this sort of deal with Nigerian princes

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:41:16 PM

I need a trusted forum member who lives in the United States to become my partner in a new Bitcoin business relevant to this Lending forum.

- Mail physical items

I'm interested.

Sent PM
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:53:44 AM

I might be interested in this, from your fellow in Canada Cheesy
wmcleod

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:59:40 AM

i am in new york... i am hesitant to give up all of my information though.

can you provide a bit more details on what this opportunity entails?  is it legal?
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 05:23:44 AM

i am in new york... i am hesitant to give up all of my information though.

can you provide a bit more details on what this opportunity entails?  is it legal?

You can't be anonymous with this venture, since I would be trusting you with the property of my clients.  You also have to be at least 18 years old.   Wink

I am willing to offer a percentage of the company profits to my US partner since the US will be a major market.

The goods and the work are all legal.  I will be running a bitcoin company.  You will deal with sending and receiving packages that I cannot receive in Canada.  You verify the item, update the website and store it until you ship it out.  You will get paid each time you touch a package and postage is pre-paid.

jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:29:21 AM

soooo, we are avoiding import duty?

Where are these "packages" coming from?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:30:36 AM

Gotta be careful here Vod, to me it sounds like you are essentially opening a Bitcoin Pawn shop, or large scale collateral loan brokerage. Both of those things are incredibly regulated in the U.S. For loans, depending on state you can't hold collateral, and you are limited to the amount of % interest you can charge. In Maryland, you aren't even allowed to do legal lending tree things, where its a bank that is funded by individuals that gives loans to individuals for profit. In a pawn shop senario, you would have to have all sorts of wierd licensing, and you aren't allowed to accept items shipped to you, have to report items to the local police departments to make sure things aren't stolen, and wait 60-90 days before being allowed to move the items.

Of course all depending on state. I've looked into things for my state, so the information might be different depending on where you are. A buddy and I had a similar idea a while back, but it wasn't feasible, due to the chances of us being arrested for BS charges.

(Pm me if you don't want this post here or if I'm not assuming right and its off topic, and I'll delete it)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 05:34:35 AM

soooo, we are avoiding import duty?

Where are these "packages" coming from?

Not avoiding duty but practicing common sense.

Why would I pay to ship a package across an international border twice?  The cost would be passed on to my clients.  There is no need for a package to come to my office in Canada if it is received from and sent to a US address.

These packages will be coming from clients I will be doing bitcoin business with.  

jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:36:00 AM

OK, sorry to bust your balls.

You will, I hope, understand a bit of healthy skepticism.

Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 05:38:35 AM

Gotta be careful here Vod, to me it sounds like you are essentially opening a Bitcoin Pawn shop, or large scale collateral loan brokerage. Both of those things are incredibly regulated in the U.S. For loans, depending on state you can't hold collateral, and you are limited to the amount of % interest you can charge. In Maryland, you aren't even allowed to do legal lending tree things, where its a bank that is funded by individuals that gives loans to individuals for profit. In a pawn shop senario, you would have to have all sorts of wierd licensing, and you aren't allowed to accept items shipped to you, have to report items to the local police departments to make sure things aren't stolen, and wait 60-90 days before being allowed to move the items.

Of course all depending on state. I've looked into things for my state, so the information might be different depending on where you are. A buddy and I had a similar idea a while back, but it wasn't feasible, due to the chances of us being arrested for BS charges.

Interesting.  That would all but kill my idea for the US.  But if I can still run it in Canada (once I check the laws) people on the US can use it but they'll have to pay the postage and duty both ways.   Undecided

jojo69 - np, I bust newbies balls here on a daily basis - gotta expect it.  Smiley

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:47:22 AM

Interesting.  That would all but kill my idea for the US.  But if I can still run it in Canada (once I check the laws) people on the US can use it but they'll have to pay the postage and duty both ways.   Undecided

jojo69 - np, I bust newbies balls here on a daily basis - gotta expect it.  Smiley

Yeah sorry to be a downer on that, but no harm in looking into it yourself. I would say your actual best bet, would be finding someone who lived in Puerto Rico. I would imagine they would be far less strict on enforcing victimless "financial crimes" and the shipping cost is the same anywhere in the U.S. It costs the same for someone to ship a package from boardering states, as it does to ship from Washington to Puerto Rico.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Thank you everyone for your PMs.  At this point I am no longer looking for a partner in the US.

I am looking into the Puerto Rico idea though.

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:24:55 AM

Anything shipped out of PR is raped by customs automatically due to drugs shipments history. What are you doing.. moving gold? phones?
Ltsknnr

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:02:05 PM

It's legal  as long as you register a legal entity in the state in which your US counterpart operates. Ideally, you would form it as a C-corp since )S corp and LLC cannot have members that are not citizens or registered aliens (green card) of the US).

The corporation would then have it's own account, and everything would run through it, and you and your partner would receive a salary and dividends from the company profits.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. My background is in real estate investing and hard money lending so I'm pretty familiar with what you're trying to do.

Cheers

Bitlend

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:21:33 AM

Thank you everyone for your PMs.  At this point I am no longer looking for a partner in the US.

I am looking into the Puerto Rico idea though.

Hi Vod

Have a lending background in Australia, may have an interest in your partnership.

Feel free to PM or elaborate further on your proposal/idea here.

Are looking to setup online pawn using digital currency, is that the gist of it?

cheers.
inkadnb

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:58:53 AM

I'd be willing, and in a very central part of the states.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:49:35 PM

Anything shipped out of PR is raped by customs automatically due to drugs shipments history. What are you doing.. moving gold? phones?

It doesn't go through customs if it is coming from the U.S.
BTCSTOCKZ

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:58:43 PM

- Mail physical items

a "trusted forum member" lmao!  what's that?  Grin
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:00:47 PM

I'm definitely interested in hearing more.

I like the idea of a part time job that pays in Bitcoins. Cheesy
BTCSTOCKZ

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:12:58 PM

I'm definitely interested in hearing more.

I like the idea of a part time job that pays in Bitcoins. Cheesy

prolly bath salts and hand grenades lol  Grin
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:15:42 PM

Gavin

pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:23:46 PM

I'm centrally located in the US, and I have UPS and USPS shipping accounts as well as automated scales, thermal label printers, and all the packing materials you would ever need. All of this is located at my day job, so it won't be a big deal to make sure daily things get done. Already have daily UPS and USPS drivers stopping for pickups. Things can be held in my office, possibly even in locked file cabinets if necessary.

Anyway, PM me if you want more info. Shouldn't be a problem proving who I am and that I've got what I say I do.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
BTCSTOCKZ

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:48:18 PM

Gavin

yes ~ very true  Wink
martinver

Activity: 98

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can'

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:32:26 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 06:34:56 AM by martinver

Warning:  This user has TWO simultaneous loans active at the same time, with unsustainable rates.

SO ONLY YOUR INVESTMENTS ARE GOOD, GUYS DONT INVEST WITH THIS GUY, HE IS NOT LETTING ANYONE RECEIVE INVESTMENTS, WHY SHALL WE LET HIM GET A LOAN OR INVESTMENTS!!

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: