Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:27:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare for the new influx of buyers  (Read 4135 times)
Patel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 12:14:57 AM

Today and yesterday was the first time in history that there was about 2 hours of airtime regarding bitcoin for 2 straight days.

Many people learned about Bitcoin for the first time.

So look at it like this.

2 Days for verification
3 days for wire

You can bet that next week the price is going to skyrocket based on all of the attention that Bitcoin received yesterday and today

Consider this correction huge bear trap
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

Exactly my thoughts.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:17:42 AM

Interesting perception, and I hope you are correct.   Very well may be.

I just can't stomach that we're hovering around $600 and China apparently is above $1,000.

There should be ONE EXCHANGE for the whole world, owned by no company.  

Bitcoin SHOULD have had an exchange built into it.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:19:13 AM

I don't think so, CSPAN is kinda niche. Not everyone watches it. I'd say critical mass is here for bitcoin. And 21,000,000 BTC should be sufficient for all of us. (don't tie this to Bill Gates)

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:20:32 AM

2 hours of airtime ... on CSPAN.

Honestly OP before yesterday how many hours of CSPAN did you watch in an average week?
How many hours do you think the masses were watching this week?
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

I don't think so, CSPAN is kinda niche. Not everyone watches it. I'd say critical mass is here for bitcoin. And 21,000,000 BTC should be sufficient for all of us. (don't tie this to Bill Gates)
I don't know about your country, but here Bitcoin is getting headline after headline in the news.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:21:21 AM

You nailed it Patel.

That said, to process the influx of new verifications will take longer than usual... pushing it probably until the weekend or Monday.

I say around November 27, things will start climbing up again. This time it will penetrate $1,000!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:21:49 AM

I don't know about your country, but here Bitcoin is getting headline after headline in the news.

Here as well. Not necessarily the most informed pieces of journalism though Smiley
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:22:19 AM

What country? USA?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

Today and yesterday was the first time in history that there was about 2 hours of airtime regarding bitcoin for 2 straight days.

So look at it like this.

2 Days for verification
3 days for wire

You can bet that next week the price is going to skyrocket based on all of the attention that Bitcoin received yesterday and today

LOL.

What a load of old codswallop.

Who in their right mind is going to throw a big pile of cash at something that has just crashed from $900 to $500?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Patel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

So look at it like this.

2 Days for verification
3 days for wire

LOL.

What a load of old codswallop.

Who in their right mind is going to throw a big pile of cash at something that has just crashed from $900 to $500?

People who will be smart to think that the price is low right now so its a good chance to buy. Who in the right mind would throw a big pile of cash at something that is at an all time high with headlines everywhere that the bubble is about to pop?

Goes both ways.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 12:25:52 AM

Expectations built on fundamentals often fail to materialise within the expected timeframe, no doubt they eventually do materialise, but none the less it won't go as you expect it to.

Also, the market can have already assimilated this information meaning the current price is an accurate reflection of value in the current timeframe.

In other words, it sure as hell isn't as simple as you think it is.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:39:19 AM

Yup, everyone watching CSPAN that wasn:t already invested in bitcoin (maybe 10 people...?  Wink) learned about it just in time to come online and witness the market crash. Or correction. Whatever you want to call it. I:m sure they:ll be real motivated to invest their hard earned money in it now  Roll Eyes

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:47:10 AM

Yup, everyone watching CSPAN that wasn:t already invested in bitcoin (maybe 10 people...?  Wink)
learned about it just in time to come online and witness the market crash. Or correction.
Whatever you want to call it. I:m sure they:ll be real motivated to invest their hard earned money in it now  Roll Eyes

Ahem... Bitcoin #1 top Google Trend worldwide yesterday:

Source: http://www.google.com/trends/ via http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qxhnt/bitcoin_the_most_popular_search_term_today/

(October 31 was the $27 apartment guy.)

Source: www.stats.grok.se/en/latest30/bitcoin
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

Yup, everyone watching CSPAN that wasn:t already invested in bitcoin (maybe 10 people...?  Wink) learned about it just in time to come online and witness the market crash. Or correction. Whatever you want to call it. I:m sure they:ll be real motivated to invest their hard earned money in it now  Roll Eyes

Fool!

Watch and learn  Wink
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:50:22 AM

Nobody watches CSPAN, but the fact that it happened will be in the news.
kireinaha

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:55:01 AM

Nobody watches CSPAN, but the fact that it happened will be in the news.

Right... the headlines will read, `bitcoin surges to record highs amidst congressional hearing; plummets 50% next day!`

Let`s pretend that the average person out there doesn`t spend hours on these message board every week and doesn`t have a good understanding of how the bitcoin market works. They`ll probably lose interest pretty quickly.

I`m not saying it can`t attract a few interested parties, but let`s not bullshit ourselves here...

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:55:57 AM

Bitcoin: a popular (alpaca) sock

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

You way overestimate people's tolerance...

Remember how everyone was stampeding to buy Facebook stock? It didn't matter it was overpriced.

Mention the words "internet" and "new" and you have a recipe for record setting highs.
kireinaha

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:01:51 AM

You way overestimate people's tolerance...

Remember how everyone was stampeding to buy Facebook stock? It didn't matter it was overpriced.

Mention the words "internet" and "new" and you have a recipe for record setting highs.

Maybe to some degree yes, but another major problem right now is the difficulty in obtaining coins. Coinbase and many other exchanges are out. Investing in stock is relatively straight forward, but are people willing to wait days for a bank account to be confirmed, followed by `sorry, we`re all out of coins, but you can still buy now and pay whatever the price is next week.`

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: