Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:13:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare for the new influx of buyers  (Read 4135 times)
bqxpd

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:05:43 AM

Who in their right mind is going to throw a big pile of cash at something that has just crashed from $900 to $500?

Um, people hoping the much the same thing might happen again in a few months based on the track record of 2014. Like the enormous number of people who entered the market due to the press around the last bubble/crash back in April.

1enUo5AVqwx4LradGPimKJAvV5gzK1Z3g
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:06:36 AM

It takes weeks if not months for average person to invest larger amount of money. You went all in five days after you first heard of bitcoin?
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:07:24 AM

You way overestimate people's tolerance...

Remember how everyone was stampeding to buy Facebook stock? It didn't matter it was overpriced.

Mention the words "internet" and "new" and you have a recipe for record setting highs.

Remember how facebook was already a part of everyones lives by then?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:08:03 AM

Maybe to some degree yes, but another major problem right now is the difficulty in obtaining coins. Coinbase and many other exchanges are out. Investing in stock is relatively straight forward, but are people willing to wait days for a bank account to be confirmed, followed by `sorry, we`re all out of coins, but you can still buy now and pay whatever the price is next week.`

EH?

I know plenty places where I could plenty coins...it's just that I am not will to pay $500 for something which tomorrow will cost just $400.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:08:31 AM

Who in their right mind is going to throw a big pile of cash at something that has just crashed from $900 to $500?

WTF?  That right there is investing 101.  Buy low, sell high.  Would you prefer to buy in at $900?  I don't know ANY investor that tries to buy a stock at its all-time high, LOL.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
YoYa

Activity: 809

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:11:52 AM

WTF?  That right there is investing 101.  Buy low, sell high.  Would you prefer to buy in at $900?  I don't know ANY investor that tries to buy a stock at its all-time high, LOL.

Investing 201: Pick your entry point carefully.

Who would buy in to a falling market? We'll need either consolidation or a few days uptick to for the new money to jump in.
MatTheCat

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:17:31 AM

The dead cat bounce has already happened......that was sub $500 right back up to $750....now we trend lower for a bit. This is the expectation and believe me, any investor of balanced mind will have these text book expectations very much in mind when playing with a big doughball of capital that he is looking to increase in size, as opposed to decrease in size which is the last thing any speculator wants.

This is the text book investors expectation and this expectation en masse, will of course proceed to turn into self-fulfilling prophecy, in addition to the dynamics of those in profit, looking to lock in profits and of course late comers looking to minimise loses.

I was a bull up until yesterday evening. Bitcoin was at around $700. I stated in a previous post in some 'Bears FU! thread' (I can't link to it check it out cos the thread got deleted), that Bitcoin has now entered parabolic territory, and that I had sold, and was postponing anymore buying. I of course got the usual dog's abuse from the usual avarice craved rats only interested in having their own avarice driven bias confirmed, and I said:

"I will be right this time just like I was right last time"

I also insulted them and if any of those guys are reading this, I insult you again.,

F.U. I WAS RIGHT (AGAIN) AND U WERE WRONG!

Here's looking forward to some lower and more stable Bitcoin prices in the future where one can feel safe to use them for the odd online narcotics purchase once again.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:47:04 AM

Maybe to some degree yes, but another major problem right now is the difficulty in obtaining coins. Coinbase and many other exchanges are out. Investing in stock is relatively straight forward, but are people willing to wait days for a bank account to be confirmed, followed by `sorry, we`re all out of coins, but you can still buy now and pay whatever the price is next week.`

EH?

I know plenty places where I could plenty coins...it's just that I am not will to pay $500 for something which tomorrow will cost just $400.

Are you referring to localbitcoins? I can`t imagine many people who are just now finding out about bitcoin would be willing to meet strangers to exchange cash for magical Internet money, IMO. If there`s a good method aside from Coinbase, I`d like to be enlightened.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:50:06 AM

Haha Magical Internet Money. There are a million crappy altcoins and none of them chose this name? Smiley
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:09:51 AM

BTC has never crashed.  It has corrected.  There's a difference. 
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:13:32 AM

So does this mean 1000+ before new years?

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:22:04 AM

I think there will be no new people get into bitcoin until the price starts to relax... And for many starters this high price will be daunting. They think at the worth of the corporate shares which really rarely go beyond 500$.

We need the price for mBTC!

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:51:31 AM

Prepare for the new influx of buyers that never comes

FTFY

OK, they will come -- but much later. Look at China: Fiat to the exchanges in under 5 minutes, but buying is subdued. The crash isn't because of "lack of fiat", it's because "areyoumotherfuckinginsaneitjustrose1700%"!

MatTheCat

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:14:08 AM

Dress it up how you will.

If I invested $500 in something and within a year, it went to $900, I would be over the moon.

If on the otherhand I invested in an asset that within the space of a year, collapsed almost 50%, I would be in a state of despair.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:19:20 AM

Dress it up how you will.

If I invested $500 in something and within a year, it went to $900, I would be over the moon.

If on the otherhand I invested in an asset that within the space of a year, collapsed almost 50%, I would be in a state of despair.

Dude why are you even here? Trolls will troll.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:23:39 AM

I'm not prepared for the new influx of buyers!!! What do I do? What do I do?  Shocked

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:00:09 AM

It takes weeks if not months for average person to invest larger amount of money. You went all in five days after you first heard of bitcoin?

I went all in the day after I heard of bitcoin. And I am damn glad I did!
MatTheCat

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

I have found in the past the level of arrogance and hubris evident on this forum is often a good contrarian indicator for trading Bitcoin.

....so I like to keep an eye on the crap that Bitcoin lunatics are spouting......just keeping myself in the fold.

MatTheCat

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:04:09 AM

I went all in the day after I heard of bitcoin. And I am damn glad I did!

If that is true, u must be fkn rolling in it.

I always used Btc for buying stuff....but never started speculating till after the last crash.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:14:05 AM

I have found in the past the level of arrogance and hubris evident on this forum is often a good contrarian indicator for trading Bitcoin.

....so I like to keep an eye on the crap that Bitcoin lunatics are spouting......just keeping myself in the fold.

It`s true. I call it the `Bitcoin Talk Market Indicator`. It`s better than any technical indicator. What you do is read this message board once a day. As soon as you find at least two new topics created in the span of one day that confidently announce Bitcoin will hit $100,000+ (and that now is that last time to buy for cheap), wait exactly two weeks and then sell your holdings  Smiley

Wait one more week and buy, and then wait a few months. Rinse and repeat  Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: