Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:47:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:  How did you perceive todays hearing?
Positive - 61 (63.5%)
Neutral - 15 (15.6%)
Negative - 10 (10.4%)
Irrelevant (aka same old^2) - 10 (10.4%)
Total Voters: 96

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [poll] US Senate hearing reception (part II)  (Read 2086 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:50:40 AM

I always here this and all I can think of is what do people do now if they're paying with cash?  What's the difference between bitcoin and cash?

Massive difference. I have to actually hand it over in person.
If I walked into a store and purchased a book with cash, and the cashier didn't give me the book I would cause a huge uproar.

If I purchased a book on an online store and paid with Bitcoins and it didn't arrive in post, who do I turn to now?

Problem with reputation is a new store begins at 0, so the first customer has to take a leap of faith.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 07:05:54 PM

I always here this and all I can think of is what do people do now if they're paying with cash?  What's the difference between bitcoin and cash?

If I walked into a store and purchased a book with cash, and the cashier didn't give me the book I would cause a huge uproar.

If I purchased a book on an online store and paid with Bitcoins and it didn't arrive in post, who do I turn to now?

Problem with reputation is a new store begins at 0, so the first customer has to take a leap of faith.

or the store has to take a leap of faith....
OR ESCROW IT LIKE SILK ROAD HAS TAUGHT US
mrjeff

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:40:44 AM

I always here this and all I can think of is what do people do now if they're paying with cash?  What's the difference between bitcoin and cash?

OK - So what you're talking about is online transactions but people can and do use bitcoins to pay for things face to face.  Bitcoins are also being used to purchase digital goods and services with reputable retailers who provide immediate delivery.  This forum is sponsored by one, Private Internet Access.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: